I can confirm a few things:
- A new oscillator insert for wave-tables called FORM. Which applies some kind of formant-shifting.
- Two Formant/Vowel filters.
- Insert gain will be separated from the existing insert, introducing a new Mix Module with stereo balance per voice.
- A way to change the per voice processing order of filter -> insert to insert -> filter.
Not confirmed when it's build in, but the general idea of the new mix module is to finally extend it into an advanced mode
. A kind of per-voice fx-stack, with up to 4 re-arrangable slots (filter, insert).
This is very very cool, formant shift and vowel filters feel like psytrance heaven.
But what happened to this?
parawave wrote:[July] GUI Update
[July-August] FX Update:
- Classic, Dark and various coloured themes will be provided by us for free.
- New 100% resolution will be 1280 x 720 px (making it wider) and support for scaling up to 4K.
- Optional switch for OpenGL rendering capabilities, to move processing load to GPU.
- Overhaul of all default graphics (knobs, display, panels) plus a few workflow enhancements
- 3rd party themes via theme manager.
- Glitch. Use Sequence A to D to jump back and forth in time.
- Pitch Shift. By -/+ 12 Semitone, also with settable buffer size.
- Reverse. A kind of reverse buffered delay. Especially useful for drums/loops/attacks.
- Tonal Delay. Instead of a BPM based, the timing is related to a tuning ratio.
- Multiband Saturator. 4 Bands. Various FX per band including Asymmetric Clip, Foldover, Rectify, Rate Reduce, Ring Mod, -/+ Feedback and more.
As you may have noticed, besides saturator all effects heavily focus on time based processing. Combining them should allow insane FX chains you never even thought of.
Btw, I have to report some persistent problems in Studio One 3.5.
1. When I add Rapid to an exiusting project containing other plugins I'm often getting glitches and audio dropdowns during the playback which feel like those happening when the CPU is overloaded, except that the Win task manager shows that the CPU load is nowhere near the critical values. When I bounce Rapid to audio and remove it, this doesn't stop until I reload the project.
2. When I use "convert to adudio track" function in Studio One (this is a sort of advanced freeze in S1) and then convert the aduio track back into instrument track (unfreee), sometimes Rapid loads the default wavetable instead of the one which should actually be in the patch.
Neither of this happens all the time (i.e. I can sometimes use Rapid and encounter neither 1 nor 2) but both of these do happen more often than I'd like too.