RAPID Synthesizer | Rapid 1.8.0 released | Free "SP - Granular Elements"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

Whywhy wrote:You could simulate a transient shaper with an envelope , env mod the mixer gain, poly, or mod the balance fx gain,mono. Short decay with light sustain could do the job for accentuating the attack or a seq modulation could simulate an hold too.
Sure, but having just one knob to accentuate the attack would be handy.
Mirko R. wrote: If you want, you can modify the themes. On Windows just goto "C:\ProgramData\Parawave\Rapid\Style Data\". In this folder are all generated themes and the zip-files contain folders with all rendered images. Just extract the png files you want to modify and do waht you want with it. Replace it when you're ready and reload rapid.
Good to know. Can I save my version of the skin with a different name?

Basically, it seems that Rapid supports 3rd party skins now, doesn't it?
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

I found one harmless bug under macOS: if I have 2 rapid instances with both windows open and different skins, the old instances will start to refresh their GUI with the skin of the most recent instance. I don't see it a problem (I normally don't use separate skins, I just wanted to "steal" some elements from one theme and bring them to another, to make my own little monster) - if correcting this implies a bigger cpu or ram footprint, I won't even ask for a fix.

recursive one wrote:Good to know. Can I save my version of the skin with a different name?

Basically, it seems that Rapid supports 3rd party skins now, doesn't it?
Yes it is possible now. You have to edit the meta.xml and change the name tag there to something like this:

Code: Select all

<meta id="RAPID" version="1.5">
  <name>My Theme Name</name>
  <author>My Company</author>
  <version>1.0</version>
</meta>
You can extract the zip content, edit it, and zip it again into your own theme. Also every run-time related color (like waveform, modulation depth etc.) is defined in style.ini.

As the single useable themes for me in this Rapid release were Flat Retro and Flat Ruby (mostly the Retro because I don't handle reds in GUIs for prolonged time - and I'm also not the dark skins/dark environment kind of guy) I quickly compiled a custom skin with colors that I find most visible on these light backgrounds and also less tiring on the long run.

If you like it, feel free to use it.

v1.0

v1.1
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by sircuit on Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:42 am, edited 3 times in total.

Very nice, thx! :tu:
The average bored guy

That GUI looks amazing! Parawave should add it on their collection for sure. Still waiting info, when the sale starts :p

That looks great! Thanks! :) :party:

Now is there a single edit to get the dark areas a little lighter?

ZeePok wrote: 
That looks great! Thanks! :) :party:

Now is there a single edit to get the dark areas a little lighter?
A single setting no. Do you mean the background in the envelope area, Osc, and other dark-gray areas? There are several background files (around 3-4, simple rectangles). Not hard to modify but I’d guess we can’t go too bright without affecting the contrast and general readability. I’m quite happy with the second attempt so I’m back to making music instead of editing skins :)

Having some fun exploring some new features.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oop2pY0 ... e=youtu.be

Vocal Ld - Sparkling Voice
Last edited by Touch The Universe on Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Chordscape - Kanji

https://youtu.be/l6qcrR9DNZM

All sounds are rapid.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Touch The Universe wrote:Having some fun exploring some new features.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oop2pY0 ... e=youtu.be

Vocal Ld - Sparkling Voice
This one is so f**king amazing. Love the vocal sound. :-)

Aaaaaand a new update. Mostly to fix the reported issues.
Change Log - Rapid 1.5.1
Additons:
  • Copy & Paste filter settings.
  • Copy & Paste for effect slots.
Changes:
  • Allow GUI resize down to 50%.
  • Oscillator insert effect amount now uses an uni- bipolar knob, depending on the selected type.
  • Copy & Paste of modulator/effect presets now resets parameters not contained to their default value.
Fix:
  • Removed clicks in Random Glide LFO on active Mono|Arp when switching random values.
  • Module slots in the effects can be set to be empty again.
  • At 210% and above, the pre-rendered display images are now correctly re-sampled.
  • GUI size is now correctly restored some hosts (e.g. Apple Logic).
  • Added missing tooltips for insert effect Mirror A, B, C.
  • Corrected various tooltips.
The official sale started. 25% OFF on everything, until 7th October!

Last edited by parawave on Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

G o o d !

What's New in RAPID 1.5 ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXSsR1geZmo

If you missed a feature, here's an overview of the most important changes plus a few cool sound demonstrations. Have fun watching : )

parawave wrote:What's New in RAPID 1.5 ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXSsR1geZmo

If you missed a feature, here's an overview of the most important changes plus a few cool sound demonstrations. Have fun watching : )
Really good choice for the narrator. I salute you guys :tu:

Return to “Instruments”