Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New What is KVR? Submit News Advertise
wagtunes
KVRAF

6912 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Postby wagtunes; Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:06 pm Re: MODO BASS: Get ready for a new level of realism (AVAILABLE NOW from IK)

I am happy to report that version 1.0.1 now works in Cubase 7 as a regular VST without having to go through the rack.

Tell support I give them a big thumbs up on a job well done.
Peter - IK Multimedia
KVRAF

4969 posts since 20 Oct, 2009

Postby Peter - IK Multimedia; Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:43 pm Re: MODO BASS: Get ready for a new level of realism (AVAILABLE NOW from IK)

wagtunes wrote:I am happy to report that version 1.0.1 now works in Cubase 7 as a regular VST without having to go through the rack.

Tell support I give them a big thumbs up on a job well done.

Glad to hear and will do! :party: :tu:
Follow IK on Image Facebook for flash giveaways, exclusives, and more.
xphen0m
KVRian

711 posts since 27 Jan, 2008

Postby xphen0m; Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:40 pm Re: MODO BASS: Get ready for a new level of realism (AVAILABLE NOW from IK)

I encountered a significant glitch with 1.0.1 in Studio One 3.2.2.

After updating MODO, I opened a project where I was using MODO bass. The audio channel was no longer in the mixer, and MODO wasn't outputting any audio because of this. Upon looking at the GUI, it was receiving midi. I disabled and re-enabled MODO. It loaded AN audio track, but now all of the inserts I had on the track were gone. That means effect settings....everything as far as the MODO bass channel goes.
Peter - IK Multimedia
KVRAF

Postby Peter - IK Multimedia; Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:49 am Re: MODO BASS: Get ready for a new level of realism (AVAILABLE NOW from IK)

xphen0m wrote:I encountered a significant glitch with 1.0.1 in Studio One 3.2.2.

After updating MODO, I opened a project where I was using MODO bass. The audio channel was no longer in the mixer, and MODO wasn't outputting any audio because of this. Upon looking at the GUI, it was receiving midi. I disabled and re-enabled MODO. It loaded AN audio track, but now all of the inserts I had on the track were gone. That means effect settings....everything as far as the MODO bass channel goes.

Please report this to IK Support and I'm sure they can figure out what happened there.
ArranD
KVRist

37 posts since 28 Aug, 2013, from UK

Postby ArranD; Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:37 am Re: MODO BASS: Get ready for a new level of realism (AVAILABLE NOW from IK)

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
xphen0m wrote:I encountered a significant glitch with 1.0.1 in Studio One 3.2.2.

Please report this to IK Support and I'm sure they can figure out what happened there.

I suspect this is because modo was a single channel vsti and has now been updated to 2 channels.
There is also a backwards compatibility issue with REAPER - if Modo (old version) has been saved in a project, or as an fx chain or channel template, when that project etc is opened with the new version the track will be louder on one side, this is because REAPER tracks are stereo so the single output of 1ch modo is assigned to both track input channels, when it loads the new 2ch version it remembers that original input pin setting and also assigns the new output to track input 2 - so input has 2 outputs assigned to it. It's easily rectified by unchecking the surplus input routing in the input routing window and resaving.
Not a bug, but worth mentioning in the release notes.
Peter - IK Multimedia
KVRAF

Postby Peter - IK Multimedia; Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:33 am Re: MODO BASS: Get ready for a new level of realism (AVAILABLE NOW from IK)

ArranD wrote:[quote="Peter - IK Multimedia"
I suspect this is because modo was a single channel vsti and has now been updated to 2 channels.
There is also a backwards compatibility issue with REAPER - if Modo (old version) has been saved in a project, or as an fx chain or channel template, when that project etc is opened with the new version the track will be louder on one side, this is because REAPER tracks are stereo so the single output of 1ch modo is assigned to both track input channels, when it loads the new 2ch version it remembers that original input pin setting and also assigns the new output to track input 2 - so input has 2 outputs assigned to it. It's easily rectified by unchecking the surplus input routing in the input routing window and resaving.
Not a bug, but worth mentioning in the release notes.

Got it. I'll also let support know about this specific behavior so they are aware of the workaround if they are not already aware. Thanks,
Peter - IK Multimedia
KVRAF

Postby Peter - IK Multimedia; Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:38 am Re: MODO BASS: Get ready for a new level of realism (AVAILABLE NOW from IK)

MODO BASS has been updated to 1.0.2 - Please update as soon as possible from your IK User Area under "My Products"

Changes from version 1.0.1
  • Fixed an issue that could cause audio glitches in Slap mode
  • Fixed an issue that could cause VST3 incompatibility
  • Fixed possible issues relating to offline export
  • General reliability improvements
Peter - IK Multimedia
KVRAF

Postby Peter - IK Multimedia; Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:16 am Re: MODO BASS: Get ready for a new level of realism (AVAILABLE NOW from IK)

A couple of things about MODO BASS... I just wanted to make sure that people who have any previously purchased and registered IK product of a value of $/€99.99 or more qualify for the $/€199.99 crossgrade: http://www.modobass.com

Also, since Mr Rudess was previously mentioned in this thread and I believe he's now posted recently at KVR I didn't realize I had not posted this MODO BASS video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQQKuW8dkQE
wagtunes
KVRAF

Postby wagtunes; Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:56 am Re: MODO BASS: Get ready for a new level of realism (AVAILABLE NOW from IK)

Well, I'm no Jordan Rudess but this is my latest.

The bass is custom designed with no amp and no FX. Simple Drums, bass and guitar jam.

Only bass I ever use anymore for "real" music. lol.

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... -time-baby
Peter - IK Multimedia
KVRAF

Postby Peter - IK Multimedia; Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:06 am Re: MODO BASS: Get ready for a new level of realism (AVAILABLE NOW from IK)

wagtunes wrote:Well, I'm no Jordan Rudess but this is my latest.

The bass is custom designed with no amp and no FX. Simple Drums, bass and guitar jam.

:tu: You have been prolific with MODO BASS - another job well done and glad you are enjoying it so much!
wagtunes
KVRAF

Postby wagtunes; Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:10 am Re: MODO BASS: Get ready for a new level of realism (AVAILABLE NOW from IK)

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
wagtunes wrote:Well, I'm no Jordan Rudess but this is my latest.

:tu: You have been prolific with MODO BASS - another job well done and glad you are enjoying it so much!

Well, I do a lot of writing (pretty much all day, everyday) so if I need a bass, MODO is the only one I reach for unless I'm doing an EDM track and need that stereotyped Minimoog sound. Then I go for something else. But for rock and pop, I can pretty much get rid of every other bass I own.

I hope this product will be the benchmark for the future of emulating acoustic and non synth instruments because this is as good as it gets.
Compyfox
KVRAF

13904 posts since 18 Oct, 2003, from Berlin, Germany

Postby Compyfox; Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:12 am Re: MODO BASS: Get ready for a new level of realism (AVAILABLE NOW from IK)

I must admit, even though our resident "Keyboard Wizard" can be just as "wankery" on the keys, it's not as much "keyboard wanking" as with the Stephan DeRaine video.

Why? Because Mr Rudess not only plays more than just Keyboard (Guitar for example), he also doubles for this fellows sometimes without anyone noticing (way before MODO Bass was even in talk! Most noticeable in "Constant Motion" on the Dream Theater "Systematic Chaos", if I saw this right in the making of videos, on a KORG Oasys).

So in all honestly... this "keyboard wanking" video should have been up first.

Also... as good as the following video is, but I can imagine MORE famous basslines:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8ytGU0dkzY

Like:
- Rage Against the Machine - Take the Power Back
- Primus - John the Fisherman (even more aggressive slapping - and jumping between fingerpicking and slapping actually - unless that is NOT POSSIBLE with the current engine)
- Chic - Good Times (oh wait, was part of the demo)
- Ben E King - Stand by Me
- Iron Butterfly - In A Gadda Da Vida
- Steve Miller - The Joker
- War - Low Rider
- stuff by "Police" (Sting, hello?!)
- Iron Maiden - Run to the Hills
- RHCP - Give it away (more popular IMO)
- Tool - Schism (also more popular)
- Queens of the Stone Age
- Royal Blood (a bassist playing "guitar" with octave pedals, would show off the chord play capabilities - something I've yet to see in the engine)

Also... Lemmy didn't use a Bass Amp (but a hot-rodded guitar amp), MUSE could see more Fuzz pedals...

And did I see that right that you're limited to 2 1/2 octaves while playing?! (see Dream Theater Demo at 2:17min). That is a bit awkward IMO
[ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ] | [ Mix Challenge ] | [ Video Project (in the making) ]
wagtunes
KVRAF

Postby wagtunes; Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:27 pm Re: MODO BASS: Get ready for a new level of realism (AVAILABLE NOW from IK)

Final track from my upcoming EP "Guitars From Hell" and a taste of things to come in 2017 when I'll be working on my major Prog Rock project "Super Heroes" with tributes to...

Genesis
Renaissance
ELP
ELO
Kansas
Yes

And More

MODO Bass will be getting a real workout in 2017

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim/things-to-come
JoeCat
KVRian

994 posts since 19 May, 2011, from North Carolina

Postby JoeCat; Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:53 pm Re: MODO BASS: Get ready for a new level of realism (AVAILABLE NOW from IK)

wagtunes wrote:Final track from my upcoming EP "Guitars From Hell" and a taste of things to come in 2017 when I'll be working on my major Prog Rock project "Super Heroes" with tributes to...

Genesis
Renaissance
ELP
ELO
Kansas
Yes

And More

MODO Bass will be getting a real workout in 2017

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim/things-to-come

:tu: Some of your best work (IMHO) - especially around :50 (and the end again). Guitar reminds me of Steve Hackett.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments