Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New#KVRDeals
wagtunes
KVRAF

9175 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Postby wagtunes; Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:32 pm Re: MODO BASS: Get ready for a new level of realism (AVAILABLE NOW from IK)

JoeCat wrote:
wagtunes wrote:Final track from my upcoming EP "Guitars From Hell" and a taste of things to come in 2017 when I'll be working on my major Prog Rock project "Super Heroes" with tributes to...

Genesis
Renaissance
ELP
ELO
Kansas
Yes

And More

MODO Bass will be getting a real workout in 2017

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim/things-to-come

:tu: Some of your best work (IMHO) - especially around :50 (and the end again). Guitar reminds me of Steve Hackett.

Thanks Joe. You really made my day. Seriously.
JoeCat
KVRian

1034 posts since 19 May, 2011, from North Carolina

Postby JoeCat; Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:14 pm Re: MODO BASS: Get ready for a new level of realism (AVAILABLE NOW from IK)

wagtunes wrote:
JoeCat wrote:
wagtunes wrote:Final track from my upcoming EP "Guitars From Hell" and a taste of things to come in 2017...

:tu: Some of your best work (IMHO) - especially around :50 (and the end again). Guitar reminds me of Steve Hackett.

Thanks Joe. You really made my day. Seriously.

:D Call 'em like I hear 'em. Good luck on the EP!
P.N.
KVRer

7 posts since 12 Jul, 2015

Postby P.N.; Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:41 am Re: MODO BASS: Get ready for a new level of realism (AVAILABLE NOW from IK)

Congratulations to IK Multimedia. This is really amazing. I only heard about this yesterday and i was blown away. You guys already put a lot of videos, great ones, but if i was in posession of such a product, i'd be screaming from the rooftops. This definitely needs more attention. Once again, guys, congratulations. Very excited to see what else to expect in the future. :)
Peter - IK Multimedia
KVRAF

5454 posts since 20 Oct, 2009

Postby Peter - IK Multimedia; Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:15 pm Re: MODO BASS: Get ready for a new level of realism (AVAILABLE NOW from IK)

Thanks! Feel free to spread the word and help shout from the rootops too :)
Follow IK on Image Facebook for flash giveaways, exclusives, and more.

For the stuff without wading through pages of fluff, my posts: search.php?author_id=217907&sr=posts
wagtunes
KVRAF

Postby wagtunes; Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:40 pm Re: MODO BASS: Get ready for a new level of realism (AVAILABLE NOW from IK)

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Thanks! Feel free to spread the word and help shout from the rootops too :)

Peter, just wanted to let you know that today I am starting a prog rock of the 70s project that MODO bass is going to be prominently featured on. I expect the project to take about 8 or 9 months but when it's done, if this thread is still around, I'll post it here for you to listen to.
Krakatau
KVRAF

5336 posts since 24 May, 2002, from Bobo-dioulasso\BF__Geneva/CH

Postby Krakatau; Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:12 pm Re: MODO BASS: Get ready for a new level of realism (AVAILABLE NOW from IK)

wagtunes wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Thanks! Feel free to spread the word and help shout from the rootops too :)

Peter, just wanted to let you know that today I am starting a prog rock of the 70s project that MODO bass is going to be prominently featured on. I expect the project to take about 8 or 9 months but when it's done, if this thread is still around, I'll post it here for you to listen to.

BTW, i'll be happy to listen to this and very likely not the only one...
wagtunes
KVRAF

Postby wagtunes; Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:36 pm Re: MODO BASS: Get ready for a new level of realism (AVAILABLE NOW from IK)

Krakatau wrote:
wagtunes wrote:

BTW, i'll be happy to listen to this and very likely not the only one...

Just don't expect too much. lol
Peter - IK Multimedia
KVRAF

Postby Peter - IK Multimedia; Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:09 pm Re: MODO BASS: Get ready for a new level of realism (AVAILABLE NOW from IK)

wagtunes wrote:

I had missed this! I definitely want to hear this project, thanks for letting me (and KVR) know.

On another note, we have posted a video of Stephan DeReine playing MODO BASS at Winter NAMM 2017:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RXBCoS2Bc4

For the stuff without wading through pages of fluff, my posts: search.php?author_id=217907&sr=posts
wagtunes
KVRAF

Postby wagtunes; Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:13 pm Re: MODO BASS: Get ready for a new level of realism (AVAILABLE NOW from IK)

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
wagtunes wrote:

I had missed this! I definitely want to hear this project, thanks for letting me (and KVR) know.

On another note, we have posted a video of Stephan DeReine playing MODO BASS at Winter NAMM 2017:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RXBCoS2Bc4

Here's the track that's gotten the best reception so far. MODO bass plays a big part.

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... the-castle
juliansader
KVRist

32 posts since 22 May, 2008

Postby juliansader; Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:34 pm Re: MODO BASS: Get ready for a new level of realism (AVAILABLE NOW from IK)

Karnivool is famous (among bass players, at least) for their brutal, growling bass tone.

In the following bass cover of Karnivool's Simple Boy, the Amplitube Gallien-Krueger bass amp is used to great effect:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eF339VgWJRg

I am trying to dial in this exact tone, using MODO Bass and Amplitube 4, but with no luck so far. My tone is either too noisy or too boomy and tubby.

Any advice or presets would be much appreciated.
xphen0m
KVRian

737 posts since 27 Jan, 2008

Postby xphen0m; Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:50 pm Re: MODO BASS: Get ready for a new level of realism (AVAILABLE NOW from IK)

Honestly, I don't think you're going to get that type of tone with Amplitube.

Cerberus Bass Amp from Kuassa......the distorted mode has a somewhat similar tone to that. A little.

To get closer to the tone, you might need to venture into hardware. I believe a Darkglass B7K was used for the bass tone in "Simple Boy", which I happen to own. However, there is no VST equivalent of a B7K.....yet. Kuassa's Cerberus distorted mode will get you in that ballpark, but it's not exact.

One thing I would suggest is the split method; where you split highs and lows and process them separately.
xphen0m
KVRian

Postby xphen0m; Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:44 pm Re: MODO BASS: Get ready for a new level of realism (AVAILABLE NOW from IK)

Here's a short MODO bass demo (the track is actually a WIP) There's a track with just the drums and MODO and another track with the guitars added in.

https://soundcloud.com/verncmusic/sets/ ... bass-demos

I like this demo more than the first one I made a few months ago. MODO is going through the Darkglass B7K.
kbaccki
KVRAF

2407 posts since 12 Sep, 2004

Postby kbaccki; Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:18 pm Re: MODO BASS: Get ready for a new level of realism (AVAILABLE NOW from IK)

xphen0m wrote:One thing I would suggest is the split method; where you split highs and lows and process them separately.

+1... somewhat overlooked esp when it comes to distortion.
You need to limit that rez, bro.
Peter - IK Multimedia
KVRAF

Postby Peter - IK Multimedia; Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:12 pm Re: MODO BASS: Get ready for a new level of realism (AVAILABLE NOW from IK)

xphen0m wrote:Here's a short MODO bass demo (the track is actually a WIP) There's a track with just the drums and MODO and another track with the guitars added in.

https://soundcloud.com/verncmusic/sets/ ... bass-demos

I like this demo more than the first one I made a few months ago. MODO is going through the Darkglass B7K.

Nice, great work!

We also have a demonstration by Don Parker which is a good demonstration of a very realistic live performance using MODO BASS (from the stage in our room at NAMM 2017):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbcVA-F9J64

xphen0m
KVRian

Postby xphen0m; Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:28 pm Re: MODO BASS: Get ready for a new level of realism (AVAILABLE NOW from IK)

Hey Peter. I don't want to look silly, but I'm interested: Is there any potential update on the possibility of there being lower tuning options in MODO bass?
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments