Heads up: Izotope Iris 2 on sale right now at $49

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Does the deal require installation of Reverb specific software (their installer/downloader) or is it a regular installer straight from izotope? Does the installation add some ilok components to the target system even though there's an option for offline challenge/response activation? Just checking :)

Guenon wrote:Does the deal require installation of Reverb specific software (their installer/downloader) or is it a regular installer straight from izotope? Does the installation add some ilok components to the target system even though there's an option for offline challenge/response activation? Just checking :)
JRR Shop are doing it too, and there, from my experience, it'll almost certainly just be an activation code, and you'll get the download from izotope. Nothing iLok installed with the regular C/R activation.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Ok, thanks!

Iris 2 sale also at PluginBoutique: $ 46.91

Guenon wrote:Does the deal require installation of Reverb specific software (their installer/downloader) or is it a regular installer straight from izotope? Does the installation add some ilok components to the target system even though there's an option for offline challenge/response activation? Just checking :)
I bought from Reverb. My installer looks like the regular Izotope installer and I had the option of using iLok but I didn't need to. Just registered it with the serial number. No challenge response. Was surprised to see the version is only at 2.02.415. All seems fine...

I think that this is a pretty unique sound design product for the price. I wouldn't pay full price but I broke my discipline to buy this. For me, it performs a similar role as absynth in the sense of what it's good at, but it gets there differently.

Personally I don't think that it sounds very good for giant in your face sounds. It's much much better at very subdued pads and rhythmic gurglings. I spent about fifteen minutes turning a D50 piano sample into a warm evolving pad with aforementioned subdued rhythmic gurglings and found it really inspiring. Recorded a short bit and put some Cassetto over the top.

You have to carefully create your spectrum edits to avoid weird resonances that sound unpleasantly harsh. Ironically, this synth could really use an inline analog modeled parametric EQ right after each wave slot. However, overall, it's an inspiring and unique bit of technology that is a lot of fun.

I think for ambient/experimental artists it's a must have. You can create those kinds of patches that become the foundation for an entire piece.

Also, for the person that asked about timing, it's a 48H sale that ends today. If you want it, you should jump on it.

had a lot of fun with samples, i sold years ago iris1 when it was expensive
happy to get a good new sampler with easy modulation

One of my videos :)
For less than 49 USD, it's really a no-brainer because you have endless possibilities with your samples

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=525SFtQIS-8
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

I have to agree with the previous posters. Get this just for the potential it yields with custom recordings, even more so if you're into sound design (as in, sound design for games or tv and such). At this price, no matter what the support status is.

Throw some field recordings into this, mechanical drones, whatever, and grab those interesting spectral characteristics inside them. It's absolutely worth it if you're into this stuff, and the deal is still on (at least on JRR).

At JRR Shop you can buy Iris 2 for $41.16!

Type in GROUP in the coupon field.

anp27 wrote:At JRR Shop you can buy Iris 2 for $41.16!

Type in GROUP in the coupon field.
Not from where I see it!

ghettosynth wrote:Also, for the person that asked about timing, it's a 48H sale that ends today. If you want it, you should jump on it.
Bought it that same night :tu: . Still exploring, but so far $49 seems like a steal. Don't really care if it's abandoned. Sounds great, and it's fun to program.

sacer wrote:had a lot of fun with samples, i sold years ago iris1 when it was expensive
happy to get a good new sampler with easy modulation
Is Iris good at sample mangling?

It's a very capable instrument with some flaws. Absolutely capable of gigantic cinematic soundscapes, pads, drones, experimental noises, everything really - but it all depends on the samples used as a starting point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfFy0CP ... uQKe5SudQj

Return to “Instruments”