skins for discoDSP's OB-Xd synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OB-Xd - Virtual Analog Synthesizer

Cruba wrote:No need to use them - it's a free world...
Sure, but just because something is free, doesn't mean it is ideal and can't be evaluated.

I also think the format is way too rectangular.

vic_france wrote:Thank you for these :)
But.. errm.. isn't that rather a Leopard skin (spots) rather than a Tiger skin (stripes).. not that I am accusing you of being a cheetah ;)
Haha, you're right... I had tiger and zebra in mind, but was not looking like what I had in mind. I'll rename it. Ty! ;)

fluff: I wrote it's a free world (not to use them). ;)

I have added a link to this topic at http://www.discodsp.com/obxd (bottom) and will include any skins posted here to download as well 8) Thanks :tu:

George wrote:I have added a link to this topic at http://www.discodsp.com/obxd (bottom) and will include any skins posted here to download as well 8) Thanks :tu:
There are many skins in the classic format (Layzer made a whole collection) with the curiosity that they span the entire OB history, from the SEM to the Matrix (we have SEM, OB-X, OB-Xa/OB-8, Matrix and even OB-12). If you create a way to use these, it would be great, and maybe Layzer would like to share his work.

I would rather have some more classic skins (with different knobs and labels and element positions) instead of these "coloured" backgrounds that add nothing to the picture.
Fernando (FMR)

Classic skin is more customisable too. Waiting for contributions :tu:

fmr wrote:There are many skins in the classic format (Layzer made a whole collection) with the curiosity that they span the entire OB history, from the SEM to the Matrix (we have SEM, OB-X, OB-Xa/OB-8, Matrix and even OB-12). If you create a way to use these, it would be great, and maybe Layzer would like to share his work.
He may need to tweak them a bit, because 1.3 classic knobs are bigger.

George wrote:I have added a link to this topic at http://www.discodsp.com/obxd (bottom) and will include any skins posted here to download as well 8) Thanks :tu:
Cool, cool. Ty George!

I'll work on the psychedelic skin next. ;)

George wrote:
fmr wrote:There are many skins in the classic format (Layzer made a whole collection) with the curiosity that they span the entire OB history, from the SEM to the Matrix (we have SEM, OB-X, OB-Xa/OB-8, Matrix and even OB-12). If you create a way to use these, it would be great, and maybe Layzer would like to share his work.
He may need to tweak them a bit, because 1.3 classic knobs are bigger.
You mean bigger than the original 1.0 knobs?
Fernando (FMR)

Awesome :D
fmr wrote: You mean bigger than the original 1.0 knobs?
Yes, try 1.0 skins to see the difference.

George wrote:Awesome :D
fmr wrote: You mean bigger than the original 1.0 knobs?
Yes, try 1.0 skins to see the difference.
You mean I can? OK, I'll try that, if I can extract the GUI elements from the binary. How can I do that?
Fernando (FMR)

Ask Layzer ;)

Well since there is no activity here, I'd like to hear you guys about what kind of new skins are you looking for?

Something more compact, like 30% less white space? Current version is massive! Better text antialiasing, not so deep black shadows?

.jon wrote:Something more compact, like 30% less white space? Current version is massive! Better text antialiasing, not so deep black shadows?
I think Classic skin does that already.

Well, true, that's a nice example on how to improve the grey default one then.

Return to “Instruments”