Introduction to Curve 2 by Dan Worrall

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Curve Curve 2 CM

We've just uploaded a new video on our synth Curve 2, by Dan Worrall:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJOS7s27rEE

He looks at the Preset Library and macro controls in the first 2-3 minutes, and then shows how easy it is to design your own sounds in Curve 2.

I hope you find the video useful!

Plus, we've just released updates for all our plugins, with bugfixes and tweaks.

Dan's videos are always top quality and this one is no exception. :)
Certainly explains Curve 2's core functionality.

Interesting Synth for sure!

What is curves demo restrictions?

surreal wrote:What is curves demo restrictions?
You can only load one instance of the Curve demo at a time, and when you open a song that has a Curve demo in it, this will always be reset to its default preset.

There's no other limitation, though (no time limitation, no limitation in features, and no limitation in using the Preset Library).

Yet another solid presentation from Worrall, if not very deep or revealing.

Curve is an amazing synth, but the contrast between the white text and near-black background is too much to be comfortable, and poor antialiasing due to the exaggerated contrast decreases text legibility. It's the only synth that literally hurts my eyes- the design and styling is world-class fantastic, just marred by this technical oversight.

Are cableguys planning to support vst3 in the near future?

.jon wrote:Yet another solid presentation from Worrall, if not very deep or revealing.

Curve is an amazing synth, but the contrast between the white text and near-black background is too much to be comfortable, and poor antialiasing due to the exaggerated contrast decreases text legibility. It's the only synth that literally hurts my eyes- the design and styling is world-class fantastic, just marred by this technical oversight.
Thank you for your feedback on the contrast! We've made it harder with every release as users asked for it - but I absolutely see your point. I guess the root cause for that users wanted this high contrast is that our text rendering is rather poor on non-Retina displays (something we want to address at some point..).

SeeingInMidi wrote:Are cableguys planning to support vst3 in the near future?
I don't know if it's worth the effort? As long as all VST-DAWs support VST 2.x

Jakob / Cableguys wrote: Thank you for your feedback on the contrast! We've made it harder with every release as users asked for it - but I absolutely see your point. I guess the root cause for that users wanted this high contrast is that our text rendering is rather poor on non-Retina displays (something we want to address at some point..).
Good to hear, keeping an eye on it!

There's a sale on this synth. I hear very little about it on here. Looks great, unique and intuitive. Is it? Anyone use this regularly?

twal wrote:There's a sale on this synth. I hear very little about it on here. Looks great, unique and intuitive. Is it? Anyone use this regularly?

What's funny is I've been looking at curve two for the past couple of weeks and thinking I should have picked it up earlier. It has that "clean" and "standard" sound that is necessary in most racks. Cable guys probably has the best filters to my ears. Plus it does FM. I'm assuming better then Spire does (which SUCKS at FM). Can I ask where you spied the sale? It's not the 129 on the main page is it? It's a good standard/middle of the road sound maker with very nice editing capabilities. I'm definitely interested in it as everyone needs that kind of sound in their rack. I'm hoping it's got good Fm capabilities and has audio rate adjust.

Dasheesh wrote:
twal wrote:There's a sale on this synth. I hear very little about it on here. Looks great, unique and intuitive. Is it? Anyone use this regularly?

What's funny is I've been looking at curve two for the past couple of weeks and thinking I should have picked it up earlier. It has that "clean" and "standard" sound that is necessary in most racks. Cable guys probably has the best filters to my ears. Plus it does FM. I'm assuming better then Spire does (which SUCKS at FM). Can I ask where you spied the sale? It's not the 129 on the main page is it? It's a good standard/middle of the road sound maker with very nice editing capabilities. I'm definitely interested in it as everyone needs that kind of sound in their rack. I'm hoping it's got good Fm capabilities and has audio rate adjust.
The coupon code is 20off, and comes out to about $100 with that. Saw it in the buy/sale forum. It has a clean interface and the sound system is different being you can go online and load up whatever presets people have in a shared forum. The only thing so far that some may not like is it has no effects.

well, as far as I'm concerned the filters are more important than the effects, and the filters are brilliant. Thanks for the heads up. Good chance I take advantage of the offer. I've been looking at it lately.

I demoed it once...I want to say 2 years ago.... and it was a pad monster.

Dasheesh wrote:well, as far as I'm concerned the filters are more important than the effects, and the filters are brilliant. Thanks for the heads up. Good chance I take advantage of the offer. I've been looking at it lately.
Yeah, it ends June 5th. Here is a video of Pluginguru using it. Glad to help those who don't check the buy/sale forum much https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJ2ma-Ojr-8&t=826s

Return to “Instruments”