VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SynthMaster 2 SynthMaster Player for iOS

Interesting! :)

A couple of questions from me as well:
kv331 wrote:Regarding external effects, we meant audio effects/effect plugins
1) Do "audio effects" include hardware processing (hardware sends/inserts), or is this strictly itb?

2) Is it allowed to bounce a Synthmaster track and edit it for effect/consistency/convenience, for example freezing a section and then copy/pasting it in multiple places inside the project as audio? Or is it strictly realtime instances and untouched frozen tracks only, as in OSC?

3) I understand kv331 receives the rights to use the submitted material in their own promotion etc, but does the person entering a track retain the rights in other respects?

oh, and one more : )

4) It's probably okay to master the track in a separate step, operating on the resulting WAV file after rendering the mixdown to stereo? Explicitly forbidden in OSC, but from the point of view of this competition, should be ok here, I think?

Guenon wrote:oh, and one more : )

4) It's probably okay to master the track in a separate step, operating on the resulting WAV file after rendering the mixdown to stereo? Explicitly forbidden in OSC, but from the point of view of this competition, should be ok here, I think?
Yep, it's ok for us!
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

My entry for this year's contest.

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... ng-contest

** EDIT ** Updated with complete track details
Last edited by wagtunes on Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Where can we find a complete list of the synthmaster preset banks? I think I'm being slow, but I can't see anything on the everything bundle page that looks like a list of the banks. The player app on the side appears to show only about 11 by my browser count. Maybe I should try another browser? It does look a little clipped in my old version of Opera.

I think I'll try again this year. I had fun last year, so I'll give it another go.
Here is my entry from last year

https://soundcloud.com/chandlerhimself/ ... tury-blues

I think this year I'll try something different. I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone can do.

Guenon wrote:Interesting! :)

A couple of questions from me as well:
kv331 wrote:Regarding external effects, we meant audio effects/effect plugins
1) Do "audio effects" include hardware processing (hardware sends/inserts), or is this strictly itb?

2) Is it allowed to bounce a Synthmaster track and edit it for effect/consistency/convenience, for example freezing a section and then copy/pasting it in multiple places inside the project as audio? Or is it strictly realtime instances and untouched frozen tracks only, as in OSC?

3) I understand kv331 receives the rights to use the submitted material in their own promotion etc, but does the person entering a track retain the rights in other respects?
1. Yes audio effects include hardware or software effects :)

2. Yes you can freeze and edit a track. I

3. We only ask for the right to
a. upload your track on our SoundCloud playlist (downloads are not allowed for the playlist).
b. to examine the project file (for verification)
c. to shoot a YouTube video using the project file :D
Works at KV331 Audio

:tu:

Thanks for the answers, sounds cool! I still don't know if I'll have time to participate, but it's tempting :)

Is there any reason us non-owners can't also use the demo of the full product. I bought the player version, but many of the patches I would like to use need tiny tweaks to be usable in the way I'd like.

I know there is a 15-minute limit, but if I can work with that I am guessing it's ok?

Also, are we able to manipulate audio that we have bounced down, e.g time-stretching a pad, fx stab?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'll take being annoying over being disqualified :wink:

With reference to my earlier post, yes, my old version of Opera doesn't allow me to see or use the scroll bar in the soundbanks applet. I'm sorted now and checking.

Why does your SC page for last year's Top 20 only include 19 tracks?

https://soundcloud.com/kv331synthmaster ... tes-top-15
None of the really dumb people I knew when I was young are young any more.

Are we allowed to enter more than 1 track?
Eternitysound VST Banks

omac wrote:Where can we find a complete list of the synthmaster preset banks? I think I'm being slow, but I can't see anything on the everything bundle page that looks like a list of the banks. The player app on the side appears to show only about 11 by my browser count. Maybe I should try another browser? It does look a little clipped in my old version of Opera.
Check out this soundcloud page, all banks are listed there with the audio demos:

https://soundcloud.com/kv331synthmaster ... expansions
Works at KV331 Audio

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:Is there any reason us non-owners can't also use the demo of the full product. I bought the player version, but many of the patches I would like to use need tiny tweaks to be usable in the way I'd like.

I know there is a 15-minute limit, but if I can work with that I am guessing it's ok?

Also, are we able to manipulate audio that we have bounced down, e.g time-stretching a pad, fx stab?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'll take being annoying over being disqualified :wink:
Well, if you think you can create a song with the demo version, go ahead! We'll accept it! BTW, you can use the free player as well!
Works at KV331 Audio

Thank you, kv331. I was able to view the list using a different web browser. I sent an email to you yesterday. I'm now working on getting myself in the composing mood.

Return to “Instruments”