Welcome back Cobalt.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cobalt

Grymmjack's beautiful, elegant and understated GUI is one of my all-time faves!

:tu: Fantastic synth. Many thanks for this kind sir :tu:
:tu: All is good

I believe that I was the first customer Leslie had on this if I remember correctly, back before it was Colbalt (still Lightwave to me :) ). Glad to see it back and in 64bit and now free for everyone. It's still a fantastic piece of coding that nails that 80s DCO polysynth sound.

Honest, the more I play Cobalt, the more it feels to be the most important acquisition of this Black Friday.

Mr. Sanford, you're a genius.

(And your reverb is a great one, too.)

Can you imagine if the Cobalt and Helix devs teamed up
to create a new instrument with effects? :party: :hyper: :party:

Thanks for the gift. :) :party:

glokraw wrote:Can you imagine if the Cobalt and Helix devs teamed up
to create a new instrument with effects? :party: :hyper: :party:
They could call it Bitwig :D

pandashake wrote:I believe that I was the first customer Leslie had on this if I remember correctly, back before it was Colbalt (still Lightwave to me :) ).
It ended up as Litewave ;)

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=201945&hilit=lightwave

Yes!
Thank you Leslie!
Very much appreciated!

ENV1 wrote:Is it just me or does this synth have a totally unique character?

Try as i might, i honestly cant think of a single other synth that has this kind of 'flavor' to the sound. Its decidedly digital, no doubt about that, but there is something to it that makes it very different from other digitals, kind of hard to put into words but i must say i find it extremely pleasant.

Impressive, and a keeper for sure.

lol I'm not joking but it's sorta like analog-digital :D
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

ATS wrote:

Try as i might, i honestly cant think of a single other synth that has this kind of 'flavor' to the sound. Its decidedly digital, no doubt about that, but there is something to it that makes it very different from other digitals, kind of hard to put into words but i must say i find it extremely pleasant.

Sort of 80's like when analog went digital :wink:

Numanoid wrote:
ATS wrote:

Sort of 80's like when analog went digital :wink:
The reason for this digital sound, is due to the oscillators,they are bandlimited to a point that they lose all the top end (eg. max freq .response 10 khz) in some keys, no oversampling.it still have it's charm ,other synths like OP-X have some of the same bandlimited oscillators,but that (high end)loss seems pleasent in a certain way.
...want to know how to program great synth sounds,check my video tutorials: http://www.youtube.com/user/sergiofrias25

Thank you for a wonderful sounding Synth. Place J's midi tools AftertouchToCC set to CC#1 and it is a lead Synth monster. Rick very happy to see you still involved with audio and graphics, clear and usable at first glance. Bless ya both

This is fantastic... use this still myself. Thanks, Leslie!
You need to limit that rez, bro.

pandashake wrote:I believe that I was the first customer Leslie had on this if I remember correctly, back before it was Colbalt (still Lightwave to me :) ). Glad to see it back and in 64bit and now free for everyone. It's still a fantastic piece of coding that nails that 80s DCO polysynth sound.
Lol I was the last customer. ... glad to see it in the wild and 64 bit :tu:

Return to “Instruments”