Welcome back Cobalt.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cobalt

Shemsu-Heru wrote:I may have been inspired by racks, but not that much :wink:
And by my black skin too, it would seem. :wink:

Speaking of which, (or the screenshot rather), the host where i used to upload all my images went offline some time ago and still hasnt come online again. And at this point i dont think it will ever come back either. So heres the screenshot once more on a hopefully more reliable hoster. Like i said, the basic design will remain more or less as it is now, but the window size and item dimensions and positions etcetera will be changed from portrait to landscape in order to use screen space more efficiently. I should be able to have this one finished around autumn or so.

click for fullsize

ENV1 wrote:
ENV1,
In fact by a lot of created skins. Lots of yours have very interesting "Elements positions".
So thank you all...

No, i meant the labeling.

Like the 'Analog/Digital Hybrid Synthesizer' at the top.

And Voice Mode, Glide Time, Mod. Intensity, Bend Range, etcetera.

These labels are not on the factory skin (i did some re-labeling there) so i knew they came from the black skin screenshot.

(Not that thats a problem, i just noticed because it looked familiar.) :)

My bad.... :ud:
After a check through all the pages, I used the labels from Layzer which is in the end a modification from yours.
Thank you

ENV1 wrote:

Speaking of which, (or the screenshot rather), the host where i used to upload all my images went offline some time ago and still hasnt come online again. And at this point i dont think it will ever come back either. So heres the screenshot once more on a hopefully more reliable hoster. Like i said, the basic design will remain more or less as it is now, but the window size and item dimensions and positions etcetera will be changed from portrait to landscape in order to use screen space more efficiently. I should be able to have this one finished around autumn or so.

click for fullsize
Looks great, as I already wrote, Please let us know as soon as you finish it. :tu:
Fernando (FMR)

I had an idea.

Considering that Cobalt is a digital/analog wavetable hybrid, it stands to reason that the name 'Cobalt' was chosen because the PPG wave, which is also a digital/analog wavetable hybrid, was cobalt-blue in color.

So maybe it would be kind of fitting to take this a step further and make an UI similar to the one i made for the PPG wave 2.2 by Waldorf? Since the resources are already done im sure i could adapt these as required, which should speed up the process quite a bit.

What do you think?

click thumbnail to load image, then click into image to enlarge to fullsize

ENV1 wrote:I had an idea.

Considering that Cobalt is a digital/analog wavetable hybrid, it stands to reason that the name 'Cobalt' was chosen because the PPG wave, which is also a digital/analog wavetable hybrid, was cobalt-blue in color.

So maybe it would be kind of fitting to take this a step further and make an UI similar to the one i made for the PPG wave 2.2 by Waldorf? Since the resources are already done im sure i could adapt these as required, which should speed up the process quite a bit.

What do you think?

Please no. As much as I like the PPG WAve, I never liked that bright blue. especially in a computer screen. Follow the panel layout, if you want to, but please, use your previous color scheme.
Fernando (FMR)

ENV1 wrote:I had an idea.

What do you think?

Yes please!
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

sweet! I did buy this back in the day but don't know what I did with the files and don't even have access to the email I bought it with. I'm going to have to dl it I remember it sounding pretty good.

Also bought the chorus man that thing was nice and had the phaser I think that was magware if I remember right.
Wouldn't mind having those again, I really have do dig through my disks I bet they're somewhere on disk.
In the future there will be robots!

theorize wrote:sweet! I did buy this back in the day but don't know what I did with the files and don't even have access to the email I bought it with. I'm going to have to dl it I remember it sounding pretty good.

Also bought the chorus man that thing was nice and had the phaser I think that was magware if I remember right.
Wouldn't mind having those again, I really have do dig through my disks I bet they're somewhere on disk.
Hem...
All these things from Leslie are free. Even Cobalt since November 2016.
You can get them all here:
http://www.lesliesanford.com/vst/plugins/
:D
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

theorize wrote:sweet! I did buy this back in the day but don't know what I did with the files and don't even have access to the email I bought it with. I'm going to have to dl it I remember it sounding pretty good.

Yeah, the phaser was CM magware and still sounds great.
A well-behaved signature.

Leslie, if youre still reading,

I have the time now to make the new 'widescreen' format UI i wanted to make, but there is one thing i found about Cobalt that doesnt really make me want to use it and that is the decay of the release stages. It seems that their slopes are more or less linear, which makes them cut off so suddenly that it almost sounds like somebody is chopping the end off with an axe. (Sorta.) The decay stages are fine though, so is there any way you could be persuaded to make the release slopes the same as the decays? This would be really great because the decay slopes are just about perfect in how they decay.

Audio demonstration below. Decay stage first, Release second.

decay vs release slope.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ENV1 wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:24 pm Leslie, if youre still reading,

I have the time now to make the new 'widescreen' format UI i wanted to make, but there is one thing i found about Cobalt that doesnt really make me want to use it and that is the decay of the release stages. It seems that their slopes are more or less linear, which makes them cut off so suddenly that it almost sounds like somebody is chopping the end off with an axe. (Sorta.) The decay stages are fine though, so is there any way you could be persuaded to make the release slopes the same as the decays? This would be really great because the decay slopes are just about perfect in how they decay.

Audio demonstration below. Decay stage first, Release second.

decay vs release slope.zip
I second this! Leslie please :pray:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Return to “Instruments”