Dune 2 ...absolutely fantastic ..audio rate modulation ..lil appreciation thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

cytospur wrote:
chk071 wrote:What i find really cool is this almost vowel like sound when you modulate the filter cutoff on a Minimoog: viewtopic.php?p=5939476 Haven't really heard that effect on many synths, actually, i can't remember any. I'll have a go at it in Monark later, it should be capable of that. :)
You can get similar vocal effect sounds from DUNE2 using that approach.
Nice. I actually tried earlier with Monark, but can't quite get to it. Sounds cleaner, and better in the video, than when i try it with Monark. Might have to do with the more distortive/saturated filter from Monark.

Here's a DUNE2 patch. Just quickly knocked up ;)

Filter modulation by osc3 plus LFO mods of filter, osc1 pitch and osc3 pitch to morph through different sounds.

Edit: Try playing around C5 to G5 on the keyboard.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by cytospur on Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Wavetables for DUNE2/3, Blofeld, IL Harmor, Hive and Serum etc: http://charlesdickens.neocities.org/
£10 for lifetime updates including wavetable editor for Windows.

Music: https://soundcloud.com/markholt

Synthman2000 wrote:Oh. So Hz are not Hz in Dune ?

Yes I get it now, and even greater reason to ignore anything but what you hear. :tu:
BOy , I created this thread because I thought dune deserved some credit for the ' samplerate update ' cappabilities in the mod .matrix .
Now yo tell me to shut up , I know perfectly what I am talking about , been into synthesis max/msp .reaktor building for a long time ..
https://www.native-instruments.com/en/r ... l/1781422/

Now you 're assuming I don't know what hertz is ...aren't you projecting a lil bit ?
The update rate (hertz ) defines the resolution ( samples ) of an lfo .
If you update rate = S.R.(44.1Khz) and your lfo runs at 500 hz , One cycle of the lfo = 88samples long .
If your update rate is 1000Hz and your lfo runs @ 500hz , ONe cycle of an lfo = 2samples ...if your lfo is a sine , 2 samples are not enough to represent it ..got it ? :tu:
Now , this will eventually produce artifacts when used as a modulation source
Last edited by gentleclockdivider on Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: dune deserved some credit for the ' samplerate update ' cappabilities in the mod .matrix .
It's great that Dune does this. But for the sake of more Dune2 appreciation, which synths don't (I mean, among the newer/popular ones)?
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Cinebient wrote:F.e. the LFO´s from Icarus goes up to 440Hz or so but you hear that they really loose out above 100Hz compared to the ones in Dune 2 (which ends at 220Hz).
And when you use an OSC to modulate something it is even more important that the update rate is sample accurate.
I think many people don´t need this stuff but if you like it you will appreciate real audio rate modulation.
Yep, for Osc modulation it is essential. My favorite aspect is MSEGs though, with audio-rate modulation you can make extremely rapid and accurate envelopes, great for percussive sounds like kicks. This is why MSEGs allow you to zoom in to fractions of a millisecond.

Richard
Synapse Audio Software - www.synapse-audio.com

Richard is there any more updates planned for Dune 2.5 like last year and what will they be if any?

surreal wrote:Richard is there any more updates planned for Dune 2.5 like last year and what will they be if any?
The next major version would be Dune 3, however this is a much bigger step and thus for the distant future, certainly not this year. 8)
A smaller update is certainly possible but I cannot give any ETA yet when or what exactly it would contain.

Richard

Richard_Synapse wrote:
surreal wrote:Richard is there any more updates planned for Dune 2.5 like last year and what will they be if any?
The next major version would be Dune 3, however this is a much bigger step and thus for the distant future, certainly not this year. 8)
A smaller update is certainly possible but I cannot give any ETA yet when or what exactly it would contain.

Richard
Thank you Richard.. wish I could be a beta tester though.. for Dune and Legend for current and future developments :hihi:

surreal wrote: Thank you Richard.. wish I could be a beta tester though.. for Dune and Legend for current and future developments :hihi:
Check your PM ;)

Richard

Richard_Synapse wrote:
surreal wrote: Thank you Richard.. wish I could be a beta tester though.. for Dune and Legend for current and future developments :hihi:
Check your PM ;)

Richard
+1 ?? :)

Ok another PM then ;)

Richard

+1???

Richard_Synapse wrote:Ok another PM then ;)

Richard
:tu:

question please - how do you sustain with a sustain pedal ARPS in Dune 2 please ?

I thought it wasn't possible as I can't get it to work in Cubase, Ableton (trial) etc

BUT in FL Studio 12 - it does work !!! - I can't work out what FL Studio is doing different than the rest

Sustain works in Cubase, Ableton in Dune 2 on all non ARP patches, but not on those that are ARPs, but as I said it does work fine in FL Studio

any ideas please ?

Return to “Instruments”