Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JX-3P Roland Cloud

Man..... wheb will the f×cking jd be released :D
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

I am waiting for the V-Synth, all digita so it should be a perfect port, all the original presets, fx- Come on Roland, you know you want to (then the VG Guitar stuff, V Drums.... :D)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Shiek927 wrote:Back to waiting on a JD synth :lol:
Yeah a "HUGE" update as they say... I don't even use their Roland Cloud Concerto player. You're not alone waiting for the JD. I also thought they would add more SRX expansions at this point.

SLiC wrote:I am waiting for the V-Synth, all digita so it should be a perfect port, all the original presets, fx- Come on Roland, you know you want to (then the VG Guitar stuff, V Drums.... :D)
The part that stinks about the V-Synth is that they seem to be going in chronological order with their release dates? they've done the 80's stuff already with the Juno, Jupiter and D-50. They're now getting into the 90's stuff with Anthology 1993 (which come from the JD990), hopefully soon a JD synth, and moving forward from there. Since the V-Synth wasn't out until the 2000's the wait may still be a long way out ><.

Of course, it depends on just how many interesting synths Roland has released until then and where the demand seems to be. For me personally, I'm most excited for a:

1) JD800 synth with the JD990's enhancements and hopefully the Vintage card stuff thrown in
2) "Super JX" synth from the JX8P/JX10P/MKS-70 (this was in the late 80's, so I suppose they already past that date, but I guess it depends on how much demand there is haha!)
3) V-Synth

These are just my preferences, so I'm wondering what else Roland has done that people are craving.

But yeah, I agree that the "Legendary" series is really the only ones I care for. Things like the Concerto player, Anthology series and more just seem like...ehh? it's not bad, but I don't care for them as much

https://www.rolandcloud.com/catalog/flavr/resin

It looks like some sort of old synthedit plugin.

Examigan wrote:https://www.rolandcloud.com/catalog/flavr/resin

It looks like some sort of old synthedit plugin.
Looks like a ghetto ghetto version of SubBoomBass.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Has anyone else bought content store plugins earlier and now subscribing to cloud? How do you have the plugins installed?

So far I've kept my four content store plugins installed and not installed those from cloud, but today I installed the cloud versions to see if they have the knob behaviour changed. I knew there would be copy protection issues with the two different plugins, but it seems that they can't be run simultaneously as the content store plugins were overwritten by cloud versions.

I've mailed with support if they will update the content store plugins and they said they are two separate product lines with different features. No clear word yet if they will update or not. Damn annoying situation, now I have no idea which version to have installed of those that I've already bought. There's no point sticking to old and possibly abandoned "product line", but atleast I own those in case I stop subscribing to cloud.

raymondwave wrote:I've mailed with support if they will update the content store plugins and they said they are two separate product lines with different features.
Or Roland Support could have replied:-
We haven't updated the fully paid for (non-Roland Cloud) plug-out versions since 2016. So you won't have the new features that we have added for those who subscribe to the Roland Cloud. And, no, we aren't going to actually answer your question about if we will update the version you have paid for.
Remind me of this little interaction I had with support@rolandcloud in April:-
Hi there. I currently have licenses for 2 plugins:- Purchase Number______ Model NumberPG-SH2 Purchase Date2015/03/21 Purchase Number______ Model NumberPG-SH101 Purchase Date2015/03/15 I have noticed the following info has been on the FAQ of the RolandCloud.com site for quite some time now and would really appreciate an update on the situation.:- "From RolandCloud.com:- In the very near future we will be announcing a special Roland Cloud offer for existing Roland Contents Store customers- please stay tuned!" Will the Jupiter-8 and Juno-106 be updated to run on 96kHz systems? If so, when? I guess this limitation is due to these being older plugins and no such limitations will be made on future releases? Really looking forward to subscribing and using the Legendary range of Roland plugins. Just waiting on these details to be finalized. Many thanks.
The (complete) reply back from support@rolandcloud:-
We don't comment on unannounced products, but we've got a lot of exciting things in the works. Stay tuned!
Or Roland Support could have replied:-
We aren't going to actually answer your question about if we will update the Jupiter-8 and Juno-106 to run on 96kHz systems.

Still, I am now paying for the Roland Cloud as their Cloud only plugins System-100, Promars, TR-808 and TR-909 do sound magnificent. And I am really looking forward to the "special Roland Cloud offer for existing Roland Contents Store customers" "in the very near future".
Windows 10. Asus X99-Pro i7 6950X 10 Core 3GHz (Overclocked to 3.5GHz). Corsair DDR4 64GB Vengeance LPX 2400MHz. RME RayDAT. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970. UAD2 Quad+Octo. Reaper. A couple of plugins.

raymondwave wrote:Has anyone else bought content store plugins earlier and now subscribing to cloud? How do you have the plugins installed?

So far I've kept my four content store plugins installed and not installed those from cloud, but today I installed the cloud versions to see if they have the knob behaviour changed. I knew there would be copy protection issues with the two different plugins, but it seems that they can't be run simultaneously as the content store plugins were overwritten by cloud versions.
I just have the cloud versions installed now. I haven't noticed any changes in the knob behaviour from the time I purchased the SH101 and SH2 plugins till the latest cloud versions. Has your knob behaviour changed? :oops:
raymondwave wrote:I've mailed with support if they will update the content store plugins and they said they are two separate product lines with different features. No clear word yet if they will update or not. Damn annoying situation, now I have no idea which version to have installed of those that I've already bought. There's no point sticking to old and possibly abandoned "product line", but atleast I own those in case I stop subscribing to cloud.
From Roland FAQ https://www.rolandcloud.com/faq :-
For every 12 months as an active subscriber to Roland Cloud, you will be able to pick one out of any of your favorite Software Instruments or Software Studio tools that are included with your basic subscription tier to become yours permanently, regardless of your subscription status, forever.
So, with this system, you should be able to get a permanent license for any of the Roland Cloud products for every 12 months active Roland Cloud subscription. This is only of any real benefit if you decide to unsubscribe from Roland Cloud. But, as you have pointed out, Roland Support have advised that the Roland Cloud and the fully paid for content store plugins are "two separate product lines with different features"........ so that may affect your view of "atleast I own those in case I stop subscribing to cloud" and certainly makes me think about how Roland's "become yours permanently, regardless of your subscription status" will work.
Windows 10. Asus X99-Pro i7 6950X 10 Core 3GHz (Overclocked to 3.5GHz). Corsair DDR4 64GB Vengeance LPX 2400MHz. RME RayDAT. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970. UAD2 Quad+Octo. Reaper. A couple of plugins.

I'm trying to listen to more and more of the V-Synth to get a feel for it's sound because I have extremely small experience with that synth, though I know how flexible it is. It feels like it has a very clear, almost sort of metallic character that reminds me of the Virus, Zebra2 or Dune 2. Does anyone have any experience with it? :)

hesnotthemessiah wrote:I just have the cloud versions installed now. I haven't noticed any changes in the knob behaviour from the time I purchased the SH101 and SH2 plugins till the latest cloud versions. Has your knob behaviour changed? :oops:
I think they're working backwards. The System-8, Juno, and Jupiter were all updated so their GUI's scale up properly, and got their knob behaviors updated as part of that release. From what I can tell, the older plug-outs still haven't been updated.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:
hesnotthemessiah wrote:I just have the cloud versions installed now. I haven't noticed any changes in the knob behaviour from the time I purchased the SH101 and SH2 plugins till the latest cloud versions. Has your knob behaviour changed? :oops:
I think they're working backwards. The System-8, Juno, and Jupiter were all updated so their GUI's scale up properly, and got their knob behaviors updated as part of that release. From what I can tell, the older plug-outs still haven't been updated.
Thanks for the info Funkybot's Evil Twin. I haven't installed the Juno or Jupiter as they still haven't updated their sampling frequency spec. I thought these were the two oldest plugins so that was possibly the reason why they had not been updated yet to run at 88.2 kHz, 176.4 kHz, 96 kHz, or 192 kHz like the other Legendary products. Seems strange that the newer plugins (Juno, and Jupiter) are not 88.2 kHz, 176.4 kHz, 96 kHz, or 192 kHz compatible but their older ones are.

This is what i call a scam :tantrum:
You can't have double of the same products and update only one of them and call them 2 different products :wheee: :dog:

We who already own some of the plugouts should have gotten them for free in the updated cloud versions or as a permanent owner of them in the cloud.

This is exactly why i don't trust Roland on the Cloud either because suddenly they turn around and do something else there too :dog:

i got a plugout VST too, maybe we should post on facebook so people see it and they act
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote:i got a plugout VST too, maybe we should post on facebook so people see it and they act
They sent a survey a couple days ago ("Help us do more for you"). Hopefully enough people used this opportunity to complain about the situation.

Return to “Instruments”