Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JX-3P Roland Cloud

Sparky77 wrote:All these new synths and additions almost make me want to join......mmmm
Do it if you want and need it. I for one joined Roland Cloud and couldn’t be happier :)

beely wrote:Oh, here you go anyway: JV-1080 presets that load into the SRX Orchestra plugin:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qc6cm3nozc7zo ... X.zip?dl=1

Maybe I'll need to add a "Target Plugin" for this sysex import tool, to import into whatever JV/SRX plugin you require... :roll:
beely wrote:
czsynth wrote:Hi beely, can you please convert jv-1080 bin files with jv-1080 presets to SRX KEYBOARDS compatible bin files?
I wondered when someone would ask..! :hihi:

Edit: Here you go: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kzxo3q6llh2u0 ... s.zip?dl=1

Note: The SRX Keyboards header is, as expected, "PG-NEX02"...
Thanks for these :tu:

Sparky77 wrote:All these new synths and additions almost make me want to join......mmmm
Really ? To me Roland Cloud is just bloatware, filled with quickly released crap synths.

Dip200 wrote:
Really ? To me Roland Cloud is just bloatware, filled with quickly released crap synths.
The quickly released bloatware (ie, all the Concerto/sample playback stuff, that originated from VitualSonics) *should* be ignored, imho. It's cheesy, looks cheap and has limited appeal, imo.

The actual emulations are good. The D50 is unique, and the JV-1080/SRX give you that 90s Roland rompler sound you can't also get in plugin form elsewhere, so they are unique (not to everyone's taste, of course!) and the analog emulations are also very good, with the JP8 being the best JP8 full-on emulation out there. With more to come, by the looks of it.

I agree with D50, JV etc. but pay them over and over and never own a freaking license ? Nope thanks.

Dip200 wrote:I agree with D50, JV etc. but pay them over and over and never own a freaking license ? Nope thanks.
You own one instrument after 12 months subscription .
It has been said numerous times
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote:
Dip200 wrote:I agree with D50, JV etc. but pay them over and over and never own a freaking license ? Nope thanks.
I'm not into the subscription model for software, and don't imagine myself getting involved (In certain cases, I could see myself using subscriptions in the short term to get a deeper demo-time, before investing large sums of money e.g EastWest Composer Cloud). However, I have to commend Roland on their approach in this regard. The fact that you get rewarded in this way is more than just a deal sweetener.

Well played :tu:

Yes I know this, probably longer than you. But every shitty plugin inclusive SRX expansion count as one item. So yes, saying "never" is not correct but that's how I feel. So my opinion is still:

To get a software "5080" + all srx expansions (with some waveforms missing) I only need to wait 13 years and pay 2800$. :smack:

Dip200 wrote:To get a software "5080" + all srx expansions (with some waveforms missing) I only need to wait 13 years and pay 2800$. :smack:
- You don't have to wait 13 years for anything - that's like saying you'd pay for 13 years of subs and then only *then* get to use them. You'd get to use them (the ones released of course) from day 1, after only a few bucks

- I already have a real 5080 and loaded sample ram, and to get all the SRX expansions, s/h, would probably cost in the same ballpark. Here they go for typically £90-200 still, and there's at least ten of them. Plus shipping. And I have to find them all. And I wouldn't get to use them all on day 1 for just a few bucks, either. ;)

So the software isn't necessarily all disadvantage... And it's a heckuva lot easier to arrange with multiple instances than to put up with the compromises of working in multi mode on the hardware...

Just sayin' ;)

We all know the Cloud thing is not for everybody. At least it's making Roland release more plugins... And you can use them all for a few bucks on your next project, and stop paying the subs after that. I don't know how much it would cost to rent in a JP8 for a day, but I figure it's probably about the cost of a year Cloud subs...

Dip200 wrote:To get a software "5080" + all srx expansions (with some waveforms missing) I only need to wait 13 years and pay 2800$. :smack:
You will of course have had full access to about $5000 worth of plugs with all the free updates and new plug ins for 13 years in addition to ending up owning a few.

Most software would be obsolete and /or paid upgraded way before 13 years, I hate top thinbk what I have paid for DAWS and VST and VST upgrades over 13 years, and if you don't upgrade you end up with a pretty much worthless or non-functioning software anyway.....

For example, I now can't run Alchemy on my PC (corrupt licence file) and I had bought dozens of packs...no guarantees with software, no guarantees it will be update or work after a computer OS update- its all rented really!!

At least with the Cloud I only pay a small amount whilst its working and I am using it- I can choose to drop it at any point without the hassle of re-selling (at a loss) and I have no upgrades to worry about and a constant stream of GAS supressing new stuff.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Subscriptions make my skin crawl. I know some people love them and all - but for me they are like rashes. I left Adobe when they went all cloud - and that went fine. I wonder how many people would shell out a 100-150 bucks for the JV1080 if you could buy it straight off. I know I would be first in line.

All power to the people who like subs. You are clearly the winners here. I just find it a bit sad that Roland doesn't give you the option to just buy one.

/C
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

What's all the fuzz about ?
Assume you wan't to buy an 'u-he 'plug ,you got to the webshop and buy the plug , done .
While this is also the case for 'some' roland plugins , the majority of the offerings is sold only trough a subscription model .
So you want the system 8 , download cloud manager ...pay your monthly fee and use all of the great sounding ana.modelled .plugs including the system 8 .
At the end of the year ...you own it ...
WHy are people so upset about this , is it because you don't own it from the start ?
That being said , I think Roland would sell more if all of the offerings would be purchasable immediately.
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

There are some problems with your arithmetics.

First: If you have one of the SRX Expansion (let's say, the Orchestra) you have also the 5080. So, owning the 5080 (which is the JV-1080 in Roland Could, BTW) would be redundant. You have it too, of course, but YOU DON'T NEED TO).

Second: To own the mentioned plug-in you only have to be subscribed for one year.

Third: I presume you are thinking that ALL SRX expansions will be released. I sincerely doubt that, if not for anything else, just because they will be repetitive, and will probably make people lose interest in the Roland Cloud if all the new things that would be released would be SRX expansion. Actually, I doubt they will release any other besides the ones already released (but that's just my opinion).

Fourth: For the time your subscription lasts, you not only may use the plug-in you want BUT EVERYTHING ELSE. Probably, by the end of the year, it may happen that you have changed your mind more than once about what plug-in you should keep. :hihi:
Fernando (FMR)

gentleclockdivider wrote: WHy are people so upset about this , is it because you don't own it from the start ?
Different people have different reasons.

My personal reason is a bit like you suggest - but it's just a part of it. I would never go to a bank and borrow money. If I want something, I save until I can afford it - and then buy it cash. Subscriptions sound cheap in the beginning - but they stack up and chew away on your money real quick. Subscriptions are also easy to lose track of. It's like subscriptions through Paypal. Suddenly you get the notification that you have paid one additional year for a service you're not using.

And re. Roland Cloud. Sure, you are getting a lot of stuff for your 20 bucks per month. But what if I just want the JV? That's 240 dollars for a plugin. Pretty steep. It's almost what you can snag a real 1080 s/h for. One could compare the 50 bucks Korg charges for their M1 / Wavestation including all cards.

I understand that Roland doesn't sell their plugins separately because they want you to be a subscriber. But then some people are simply going to find other plugins. Do I need the JV1080? No. I have Omnisphere and it kills the 1080 in every way. But the 1080 is cool and have it's own sound. Just like the M1 and Wavestation. But they can be bought separately. And at the moment they are having a sale so they just cost 25 bucks each.

Quite the difference.

/C
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

Return to “Instruments”