Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JX-3P Roland Cloud

DrGonzo wrote: I understand that Roland doesn't sell their plugins separately because they want you to be a subscriber. But then some people are simply going to find other plugins. Do I need the JV1080? No. I have Omnisphere and it kills the 1080 in every way.
So, $240 is steep (and I agree). What about $500 (which is what Omnisphere costs)?
DrGonzo wrote: But the 1080 is cool and have it's own sound. Just like the M1 and Wavestation. But they can be bought separately. And at the moment they are having a sale so they just cost 25 bucks each.

Quite the difference.
Maybe if you wait 14 years, you will be able to buy the JV-1080 for $25 (Korg Collection - which includes Wavestation - was first released in 2004) :shrug:
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:
DrGonzo wrote: I understand that Roland doesn't sell their plugins separately because they want you to be a subscriber. But then some people are simply going to find other plugins. Do I need the JV1080? No. I have Omnisphere and it kills the 1080 in every way.
So, $240 is steep (and I agree). What about $500 (which is what Omnisphere costs)?
500 bucks for Omnisphere is a real chunk of cash. Crazy amount of power and sound compared with the JV - but a real chunk of money, yep.
fmr wrote:
DrGonzo wrote: But the 1080 is cool and have it's own sound. Just like the M1 and Wavestation. But they can be bought separately. And at the moment they are having a sale so they just cost 25 bucks each.

Quite the difference.
Maybe if you wait 14 years, you will be able to buy the JV-1080 for $25 (Korg Collection - which includes Wavestation - was first released in 2004) :shrug:
Yeah, maybe. But as I said - I'm not needing a software JV. I would just like to have one. If Roland would sell individual licenses I would grab one probably up to 150 dollar. But they don't and I'm not suffering.

/C
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

fmr wrote:First: If you have one of the SRX Expansion (let's say, the Orchestra) you have also the 5080. So, owning the 5080 (which is the JV-1080 in Roland Could, BTW) would be redundant. You have it too, of course, but YOU DON'T NEED TO).
Roland have not launched YOURS yet! We don't know -ANY- of the conditions they will impose. Now consider that Roland may REQUIRE that you must nominate the 1080 plugin as a YOURS instrument first, before you can then nominate any of the others, as they are considered "additional add-ons" to that 1080 content (even if they can run by themselves).

We (posters in this thread) need to remember Rolands YOURS does not exist. There is NO "own your own instrument". There is merely a promise, on their website, which they could back out of at any time. I don't expect them to, but they have had 15 months to add a license type and have failed to deliver. So good luck to anyone giving them the benefit of the doubt about anything at this stage. Unless someones happy with only renting, I advise people to wait and see what the details are regarding YOURS..
Second: To own the mentioned plug-in you only have to be subscribed for one year.
As there is a yearly option, in theory, this should allow someone to qualify instantly. The details will depend on whether they give you the YOURS instrument straight away, or make you wait a year. Again, no way to know until they actually launch.
Fourth: For the time your subscription lasts, you not only may use the plug-in you want BUT EVERYTHING ELSE.
Everything else.. at that $20 tier. Until they add a new tier and you have to pay more per month to access those instruments.

PAK wrote: We (posters in this thread) need to remember Rolands YOURS does not exist. There is NO "own your own instrument". There is merely a promise, on their website, which they could back out of at any time. I don't expect them to, but they have had 15 months to add a license type and have failed to deliver. So good luck to anyone giving them the benefit of the doubt about anything at this stage. Unless someones happy with only renting, I advise people to wait and see what the details are regarding YOURS..
All Roland's x0x Drum Machines on the same license.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

electro wrote:All Roland's x0x Drum Machines on the same license.
I believe that's the TR-8S option ;)

Roland Cloud will likely go with only the 808 option. 808 being the number of rental months it will take to successfully own all of them.

fmr wrote:
Dip200 wrote:To get a software "5080" + all srx expansions (with some waveforms missing) I only need to wait 13 years and pay 2800$. :smack:
There are some problems with your arithmetics.

First: If you have one of the SRX Expansion (let's say, the Orchestra) you have also the 5080. So, owning the 5080 (which is the JV-1080 in Roland Could, BTW) would be redundant. You have it too, of course, but YOU DON'T NEED TO).

Second: To own the mentioned plug-in you only have to be subscribed for one year.

Third: I presume you are thinking that ALL SRX expansions will be released. I sincerely doubt that, if not for anything else, just because they will be repetitive, and will probably make people lose interest in the Roland Cloud if all the new things that would be released would be SRX expansion. Actually, I doubt they will release any other besides the ones already released (but that's just my opinion).

Fourth: For the time your subscription lasts, you not only may use the plug-in you want BUT EVERYTHING ELSE. Probably, by the end of the year, it may happen that you have changed your mind more than once about what plug-in you should keep. :hihi:
There are some problems with your arithmetics:

First: If I want the JV1080 plugin because of the presets (I don't care but hypothetically) I need to buy the Jv1080 plugin, not just the expansions. Also: If I leave out the JV1080 and only buy the expansions I need to wait 12 years instead of 13. Wow.

Second: I need to subscribe one year for each expansion.

third: It doesn't matter what you doubt or not. Actually, It doesn't matter if Roland releases all expansions, I'm talking about the business model per se and tried to illustrate my point with the example of a fully expaned JV1080 (or 5080 basically)

If Roland releases all expansions I would have to wait 13 years until I have a perpetual license. Got it ? Roland does not want you to own anything. Getting one plugin after a year is just a "figleaf" because they know that there is some opposition against such business models.

In fact, all those neolibral assholes running software companies don't want you to own anything anymore because that's the best way to make profits from the damn sheeples.

Fourth: I don't give a f**k about all their crap plugins. I'm not a f**king plugin collector or mindless consumer who needs to get new stuff all the time to be happy.

Easy decision then: Don't subscribe.

Dip200 wrote:First: If I want the JV1080 plugin because of the presets (I don't care but hypothetically) I need to buy the Jv1080 plugin, not just the expansions.
Note: You can load the 1080 presets into either SRX plugin, I posted them here already. So you *don't* have to "buy" the 1080 plugin.
Dip200 wrote:If Roland releases all expansions I would have to wait 13 years until I have a perpetual license. Got it ?
I don't really get this "waiting" thing. You will be using it all the time. The only thing you have to *wait* for is the period of time where you can go "Phew, my licence type has changed now, I can feel better because I now *own* this plugin, and I can now choose to stop paying for a subs for all the Cloud instruments." As you load it, and once a week, it connects to Roland servers and prompts you to authorise it, no different behaviour than before.
Dip200 wrote:Roland does not want you to own anything. Getting one plugin after a year is just a "figleaf" because they know that there is some opposition against such business models.
Of course. However, they didn't *have* to do the perpetual license thing (assuming they ever go through with it of course) - they chose to do it to sweeten the deal and convince more people to subscribe, for at least some time. As it has done just that, we can assume it was a successful business strategy for them.
Dip200 wrote:Fourth: I don't give a f**k about all their crap plugins. I'm not a f**king plugin collector or mindless consumer who needs to get new stuff all the time to be happy.
Yes, that describes all the potential customers perfectly... :roll: :dog:

In any case, you've expressed your dissatisfaction - check - we get it.

Via Roland Cloud facebook:

> Neil Fellowes Any news or a date for the JX-3P?
> Roland Cloud Stay tuned!

So looks like it's imminent, for those that care (that's one I'm not too bothered about, personally...)

beely wrote:Via Roland Cloud facebook:

> Neil Fellowes Any news or a date for the JX-3P?
> Roland Cloud Stay tuned!

So looks like it's imminent, for those that care (that's one I'm not too bothered about, personally...)
They pretty much say that with regards to everything. 'Stay tuned!" "on the request list", etc haha :D

I DID ask them though if they could release the JD990 plugin by October for my birthday and they said they would get that down too. Hope it works :lol:

I'm just glad they fixed the Cloud Manager. Now it's a breeze to update stuff without issue. I'm totally happy with this. I also didn't think I'd like the System 100 or the SH-2, but these two kick ass. I love the Anthology series also. Just such a cool catalog of stuff. Way worth it! I'll deem the Roland Cloud as one the best investments I've ever made as far as software instruments is concerned. Well, next to VPS Avenger that is.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

My System: Win7, PC

The "Roland Cloud Manager.exe" can no longer be started. Restarting the computer did not help. What should I do now to start the "Roland Cloud Manager.exe" again?

Thanks for your help, L

Leander wrote:My System: Win7, PC

The "Roland Cloud Manager.exe" can no longer be started. Restarting the computer did not help. What should I do now to start the "Roland Cloud Manager.exe" again?

Thanks for your help, L

Maybe check your virus software? I had to whitelist it on my system to make updates work.

Maybe check your virus software? I had to whitelist it on my system to make updates work.

I have no Virus Software on my AudioPc

Leander wrote:

I have no Virus Software on my AudioPc

After the "Roland Cloud Manager.exe" reinstall everything worked again. :love:

Return to “Instruments”