Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New What is KVR? Submit News Advertise
dblock
KVRAF
 
1947 posts since 24 Feb, 2005

Postby dblock; Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:04 am Who's getting the new Wave Alchemy Revolution Drum machine?

I'm pretty impressed so far. My wife usually buys me a download for Xmas and this could be it from what I've read so far.
dusted william
KVRAF
 
4691 posts since 17 Dec, 2000

Postby dusted william; Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:20 pm Re: Who's getting the new Wave Alchemy Revolution Drum machine?

if they offer a cross grade I'll probably grab it.

dw
dblock
KVRAF
 
1947 posts since 24 Feb, 2005

Postby dblock; Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:26 pm Re: Who's getting the new Wave Alchemy Revolution Drum machine?

dusted william wrote:if they offer a cross grade I'll probably grab it.

dw

Wave Alchemy just announced a demo download. I'm downloading it now. It's very limited but it will be enough to decide if I want it for sure.
RichN
KVRist
 
113 posts since 4 Dec, 2004, from The Netherlands

Postby RichN; Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:07 am Re: Who's getting the new Wave Alchemy Revolution Drum machine?

Looks like a sort of repackaging of their earlier products Transistor Revolution, Digital Revolution and the 606. But in one single interface.

I'm wondering if there are differences in audio/sample quality too.

I would only be tempted by a very generous crossgrade offer for owners of their previous products.
kingtubby
KVRian
 
870 posts since 1 Mar, 2003, from Duston, NN5

Postby kingtubby; Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:33 am Re: Who's getting the new Wave Alchemy Revolution Drum machine?

RichN wrote:Looks like a sort of repackaging of their earlier products Transistor Revolution, Digital Revolution and the 606. But in one single interface.

I'm wondering if there are differences in audio/sample quality too.

I would only be tempted by a very generous crossgrade offer for owners of their previous products.

Agreed. As a user of their current drum machine products I'm in at the right upgrade price. I like that they put it all together in one package and have utilised the new Kontakt wider UI option. I'm guessing they've re-used the samples from the earlier instruments.
everybody entertains everybody else
dblock
KVRAF
 
1947 posts since 24 Feb, 2005

Postby dblock; Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:10 am Re: Who's getting the new Wave Alchemy Revolution Drum machine?

I wanted to but the Transistor but didn't because it lacked drag and drop midi which is a must for me. This new version has it so I'm in.
acYm
KVRist
 
342 posts since 11 Sep, 2015

Postby acYm; Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:57 pm Re: Who's getting the new Wave Alchemy Revolution Drum machine?

ahh so it's still kontakt. for some reason I was sure it was gonna be a vst.
well I might still be interested if it's like one single .nki with the whole content in it, I can work with that
wave alchemy
KVRist
 
263 posts since 29 Jun, 2009

Postby wave alchemy; Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:17 pm Re: Who's getting the new Wave Alchemy Revolution Drum machine?

dusted william wrote:if they offer a cross grade I'll probably grab it.

dw


We will indeed be offering a very tasty upgrade price to those who already own one or more of our older drum machine instruments (Transistor Revolution, Digital Revolution, Revolution-606)

The pricing will be as follows - If a customer owns:

• All 3 Revolution instruments - £29.95 (80% off)
• 2 Revolution instruments - £49.95 (66% off)
• 1 Revolution instrument - £74.95 (50% off)

:)

For those who don't own any of our past drum instruments, the introductory price will be £119.95, with an RRP of £149.95.
www.wavealchemy.co.uk

specializing in the development of cutting-edge 24-bit sample libraries
wave alchemy
KVRist
 
263 posts since 29 Jun, 2009

Postby wave alchemy; Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:25 pm Re: Who's getting the new Wave Alchemy Revolution Drum machine?

kingtubby wrote:
RichN wrote:Looks like a sort of repackaging of their earlier products Transistor Revolution, Digital Revolution and the 606. But in one single interface.

I'm wondering if there are differences in audio/sample quality too.

I would only be tempted by a very generous crossgrade offer for owners of their previous products.

Agreed. As a user of their current drum machine products I'm in at the right upgrade price. I like that they put it all together in one package and have utilised the new Kontakt wider UI option. I'm guessing they've re-used the samples from the earlier instruments.


I can confirm that we have done much more than re-use the samples from our earlier instruments :)

Here are some of things we've improved in regards to the sample content:

1. Thousands of new samples
2. Recorded new drum machines that aren't included in any of our older instruments
3. Improved sample content quality throughout
4. Recorded many of the new, and existing drum machines to analogue tape at multiple saturation levels - giving you much more choice over tone and saturation
5. Recorded a second, different TR-808 drum machine, and offering the option of choosing between the two (each sound slightly different, with the new one have a noticeably longer 808 bass drum decay)
6. 160 brand new custom high-end reverb impulses from iconic reverb units such as the Lexicon 300L, AKG BX20 Spring, AMS RMX16 and many others, alongside wonderful acoustic rooms from world class studios, recorded with multiple mic positions.

Amongst many other things :D
www.wavealchemy.co.uk

specializing in the development of cutting-edge 24-bit sample libraries
wave alchemy
KVRist
 
263 posts since 29 Jun, 2009

Postby wave alchemy; Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:28 pm Re: Who's getting the new Wave Alchemy Revolution Drum machine?

acYm wrote:ahh so it's still kontakt. for some reason I was sure it was gonna be a vst.
well I might still be interested if it's like one single .nki with the whole content in it, I can work with that


I can confirm that Revolution is a Kontakt Player instrument, with full NKS compatibility for total integration with Maschine and Komplete Kontrol. You of course won't need to own the full version of Kontakt to use Revolution :)

And yes, the whole instrument is loaded as a unified instrument. 'drum machines' can be loaded in an almost modular way into any of the instruments' 14 channels - meaning you can mix and match drum machines to build your dream drum machine instrument!
www.wavealchemy.co.uk

specializing in the development of cutting-edge 24-bit sample libraries
Echoes in the Attic
KVRAF
 
5187 posts since 12 May, 2008

Postby Echoes in the Attic; Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:14 pm Re: Who's getting the new Wave Alchemy Revolution Drum machine?

Do you have a single instrument mode still? Where a Kontakt instrument is one drum? It seemed like that was how the original was set up. Single instruments can be useful for things like maschine pads or Ableton or Bitwig drum rack pads. Thanks.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit. Once I have something clever, I will certainly fill it in.
jbuonacc
KVRist
 
448 posts since 7 May, 2006

Postby jbuonacc; Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:28 pm Re: Who's getting the new Wave Alchemy Revolution Drum machine?

Echoes in the Attic wrote:Do you have a single instrument mode still? Where a Kontakt instrument is one drum? It seemed like that was how the original was set up. Single instruments can be useful for things like maschine pads or Ableton or Bitwig drum rack pads. Thanks.


unfortunately, no. :?
Echoes in the Attic
KVRAF
 
5187 posts since 12 May, 2008

Postby Echoes in the Attic; Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:30 pm Re: Who's getting the new Wave Alchemy Revolution Drum machine?

What I think the sequencers of these vintage drum machines often miss is a view of all drum sequences at once, rather than just one drum sequence at a time. Does this sequencer have a full pattern view?
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit. Once I have something clever, I will certainly fill it in.
Echoes in the Attic
KVRAF
 
5187 posts since 12 May, 2008

Postby Echoes in the Attic; Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:31 pm Re: Who's getting the new Wave Alchemy Revolution Drum machine?

What I think the sequencers of these vintage drum machines often miss is a view of all drum sequences at once, rather than just one drum sequence at a time. Does this sequencer have a full pattern view?
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit. Once I have something clever, I will certainly fill it in.
jbuonacc
KVRist
 
448 posts since 7 May, 2006

Postby jbuonacc; Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:33 pm Re: Who's getting the new Wave Alchemy Revolution Drum machine?

Echoes in the Attic wrote:... Does this sequencer have a full pattern view?


yes.

screenshots and demo download here:

http://www.wavealchemy.co.uk/revolution-demo/pid178/
Next

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments