Who's getting the new Wave Alchemy Revolution Drum machine?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Revolution Revolution-606

I'm pretty impressed so far. My wife usually buys me a download for Xmas and this could be it from what I've read so far.

if they offer a cross grade I'll probably grab it.

dw

dusted william wrote:if they offer a cross grade I'll probably grab it.

dw
Wave Alchemy just announced a demo download. I'm downloading it now. It's very limited but it will be enough to decide if I want it for sure.

Looks like a sort of repackaging of their earlier products Transistor Revolution, Digital Revolution and the 606. But in one single interface.

I'm wondering if there are differences in audio/sample quality too.

I would only be tempted by a very generous crossgrade offer for owners of their previous products.

RichN wrote:Looks like a sort of repackaging of their earlier products Transistor Revolution, Digital Revolution and the 606. But in one single interface.

I would only be tempted by a very generous crossgrade offer for owners of their previous products.
Agreed. As a user of their current drum machine products I'm in at the right upgrade price. I like that they put it all together in one package and have utilised the new Kontakt wider UI option. I'm guessing they've re-used the samples from the earlier instruments.
γνῶθι σαὐτόν

I wanted to but the Transistor but didn't because it lacked drag and drop midi which is a must for me. This new version has it so I'm in.

ahh so it's still kontakt. for some reason I was sure it was gonna be a vst.
well I might still be interested if it's like one single .nki with the whole content in it, I can work with that

dusted william wrote:if they offer a cross grade I'll probably grab it.

dw
We will indeed be offering a very tasty upgrade price to those who already own one or more of our older drum machine instruments (Transistor Revolution, Digital Revolution, Revolution-606)

The pricing will be as follows - If a customer owns:

• All 3 Revolution instruments - £29.95 (80% off)
• 2 Revolution instruments - £49.95 (66% off)
• 1 Revolution instrument - £74.95 (50% off)

:)

For those who don't own any of our past drum instruments, the introductory price will be £119.95, with an RRP of £149.95.
http://www.wavealchemy.co.uk

Specializing in the development of forward-thinking virtual instruments and sample libraries.

kingtubby wrote:
RichN wrote:Looks like a sort of repackaging of their earlier products Transistor Revolution, Digital Revolution and the 606. But in one single interface.

Agreed. As a user of their current drum machine products I'm in at the right upgrade price. I like that they put it all together in one package and have utilised the new Kontakt wider UI option. I'm guessing they've re-used the samples from the earlier instruments.
I can confirm that we have done much more than re-use the samples from our earlier instruments :)

Here are some of things we've improved in regards to the sample content:

1. Thousands of new samples
2. Recorded new drum machines that aren't included in any of our older instruments
3. Improved sample content quality throughout
4. Recorded many of the new, and existing drum machines to analogue tape at multiple saturation levels - giving you much more choice over tone and saturation
5. Recorded a second, different TR-808 drum machine, and offering the option of choosing between the two (each sound slightly different, with the new one have a noticeably longer 808 bass drum decay)
6. 160 brand new custom high-end reverb impulses from iconic reverb units such as the Lexicon 300L, AKG BX20 Spring, AMS RMX16 and many others, alongside wonderful acoustic rooms from world class studios, recorded with multiple mic positions.

Amongst many other things :D

Specializing in the development of forward-thinking virtual instruments and sample libraries.

acYm wrote:ahh so it's still kontakt. for some reason I was sure it was gonna be a vst.
well I might still be interested if it's like one single .nki with the whole content in it, I can work with that
I can confirm that Revolution is a Kontakt Player instrument, with full NKS compatibility for total integration with Maschine and Komplete Kontrol. You of course won't need to own the full version of Kontakt to use Revolution :)

And yes, the whole instrument is loaded as a unified instrument. 'drum machines' can be loaded in an almost modular way into any of the instruments' 14 channels - meaning you can mix and match drum machines to build your dream drum machine instrument!

Do you have a single instrument mode still? Where a Kontakt instrument is one drum? It seemed like that was how the original was set up. Single instruments can be useful for things like maschine pads or Ableton or Bitwig drum rack pads. Thanks.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:Do you have a single instrument mode still? Where a Kontakt instrument is one drum? It seemed like that was how the original was set up. Single instruments can be useful for things like maschine pads or Ableton or Bitwig drum rack pads. Thanks.
unfortunately, no. :?

What I think the sequencers of these vintage drum machines often miss is a view of all drum sequences at once, rather than just one drum sequence at a time. Does this sequencer have a full pattern view?

What I think the sequencers of these vintage drum machines often miss is a view of all drum sequences at once, rather than just one drum sequence at a time. Does this sequencer have a full pattern view?

Echoes in the Attic wrote:... Does this sequencer have a full pattern view?
yes.

screenshots and demo download here:

http://www.wavealchemy.co.uk/revolution-demo/pid178/

Return to “Instruments”