Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New What is KVR? Submit News Advertise
Sounds Outside
KVRer
 
14 posts since 23 Dec, 2016

Postby Sounds Outside; Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:32 am Re: Who's getting the new Wave Alchemy Revolution Drum machine?

Awesome! Glad to hear you got it working!

In regards to loading any sound in any slot, you are correct - that would have been nice! We really pushed Kontakt to the limits on this one. An individual instrument can only have approximately 113,000 zones and we came about 1000 or so away in the current configuration. We spent quite awhile experimenting with many different voice configurations and numbers of channels. In the end we felt the current layout worked best.

You are also right that in the future this shouldn't be a problem when do the individual module version.
SebAV
KVRer
 
6 posts since 31 Oct, 2015

Postby SebAV; Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:37 am Re: Who's getting the new Wave Alchemy Revolution Drum machine?

It's a great plug, thanks a lot !
kmonkey
KVRAF
 
3509 posts since 17 Aug, 2004

Postby kmonkey; Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:45 am Re: Who's getting the new Wave Alchemy Revolution Drum machine?

Tried demo. Amazed on how well they did it. I only dislike that ugly LED blinking top right in the GUI and i would like to have alternate GUI i mean like black one.

But overall i am quite amazed on how they built this one. It's like they turned Kontakt in to something completely different. Me guessing even people like EvilDragon would be impressed.

Can anyone tell me is 909 and 808 same very same samples like form Transistor Revolution or these are new ones

I am buying it!

Well done WaveAlchemy.

edit: forgot to ask. Can this plugin send MIDI out to host? Asking because i really like x0x0 sequencer but even their advanced one. So ending midi notes to other instruments would be cool. edit: update i found by myself - YES it can.

Another feature suggestion. When in advanced sequencer please add dedicated buttons for sequencer operation not keyboard shortcut. Why? Because i am using it on Touch screen and there i don't have CTR+key. Btw operation is amazing on touch screen as well apart from advanced seq.
Last edited by kmonkey on Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Echoes in the Attic
KVRAF
 
5160 posts since 12 May, 2008

Postby Echoes in the Attic; Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:46 am Re: Who's getting the new Wave Alchemy Revolution Drum machine?

kmonkey wrote:Another feature suggestion. When in advanced sequencer please add dedidcated buttons for sequencer operation not keyboard shortcut. Why? Because i am using it on Touch screen and there i don't have CTR+key. Btw it is amazing on touch screen as well.


Yes please! I meant to request this as well. I miss out on the keyboard shortcuts too using a surface pro.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit. Once I have something clever, I will certainly fill it in.
wave alchemy
KVRist
 
261 posts since 29 Jun, 2009

Postby wave alchemy; Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:52 am Re: Who's getting the new Wave Alchemy Revolution Drum machine?

kmonkey wrote:Tried demo. Amazed on how well they did it. I only dislike that ugly LED blinking top right in the GUI and i would like to have alternate GUI i mean like black one.

But overall i am quite amazed on how they built this one. It's like they turned Kontakt in to something completely different. Me guessing even people like EvilDragon would be impressed.

Can anyone tell me is 909 and 808 same very same samples like form Transistor Revolution or these are new ones

I am buying it!

Well done WaveAlchemy.

edit: forgot to ask. Can this plugin send MIDI out to host? Asking because i really like x0x0 sequencer but even their advanced one. So ending midi notes to other instruments would be cool. edit: update i found by myself - YES it can.

Another feature suggestion. When in advanced sequencer please add dedicated buttons for sequencer operation not keyboard shortcut. Why? Because i am using it on Touch screen and there i don't have CTR+key. Btw operation is amazing on touch screen as well apart from advanced seq.


Thank you for your interest in Revolution, and many thanks for the kind words - it's great to hear that you're enjoying the instrument :D

In regards to the 808/909 samples in Revolution. These are based on the same samples as found in Transistor Revolution, but we have improved them to give better accuracy and more accurate start points.

On top of this we also recorded the TR-808 and TR-909 (and all other analogue machines) to analogue tape at 2 saturation levels. Finally, we recorded a completely different TR-808 and offer this at a switch of a button inside Revolution, allowing you to choose between two 808 machines (they both sound rather different)... :)

I totally understand your point in regards to having buttons for some of the hidden sequencer functions (keyboard shortcuts). The reason for doing it this way is because we ran out of space in the GUI and we consider these functions to be 'bonus' features. Having said this, we can consider this and see what we can do. It could be possible we could accommodate this in a creative way in the future, but we can't make any promises just yet.

Revolution cannot currently send MIDI to other devices. Kontakt can output MIDI when running as a VST (not AU) but the issue is that because of the way we are triggering samples inside of Revolution (by remapping notes in so many combinations) this wouldn’t give the expected results. That being said, in the future we may at building an nki version of Revolution which has no samples loaded but could be used solely to trigger external sounds. Would this work for you? :D
www.wavealchemy.co.uk

specializing in the development of cutting-edge 24-bit sample libraries
kmonkey
KVRAF
 
3509 posts since 17 Aug, 2004

Postby kmonkey; Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:51 am Re: Who's getting the new Wave Alchemy Revolution Drum machine?

wave alchemy wrote:
On top of this we also recorded the TR-808 and TR-909 (and all other analogue machines) to analogue tape at 2 saturation levels. Finally, we recorded a completely different TR-808 and offer this at a switch of a button inside Revolution, allowing you to choose between two 808 machines (they both sound rather different)... :)

I totally understand your point in regards to having buttons for some of the hidden sequencer functions (keyboard shortcuts). The reason for doing it this way is because we ran out of space in the GUI and we consider these functions to be 'bonus' features. Having said this, we can consider this and see what we can do. It could be possible we could accommodate this in a creative way in the future, but we can't make any promises just yet.

Revolution cannot currently send MIDI to other devices. Kontakt can output MIDI when running as a VST (not AU) but the issue is that because of the way we are triggering samples inside of Revolution (by remapping notes in so many combinations) this wouldn’t give the expected results. That being said, in the future we may at building an nki version of Revolution which has no samples loaded but could be used solely to trigger external sounds. Would this work for you? :D


Wow thanks for details. I was not aware you added even second 808 to palette - this is stellar. Really stellar.

Regarding dedicated buttons in sequencer - i totally understand you when you say you run out of space for buttons. It is crowded there. Maybe it's not nice form me to say but i really don't like that jumping led meter (top right of gui) and you could consider to make it smaller and possible to add some sort of seq. toolbox there. Anyway this is just me rambling my ideas loudly i am perfectly aware you have to deal with a lot of things inside this wonderful instrument.

Regarding midi to be fair i am running Kontakt as a VSTin Ableton and from there it worked exactly as i wanted it - i can send notes from Revolution sequencer to another midi track, even to trigger other VST instrument notes. I do realize what you said it won't work as expected but i just wanted ability to record notes and to save them as midi clips after some tweaking and i can do that in Ableton with some editing after recording.

Having dedicated "emtpy" Revolution solely for sequencing purposes would be even more great.

But even at this stage this is truly marvelous instruments. I will buy it. Another big selling point for me is great IR recordings. I see in manual there is quite a lot of them.

Honestly for some reason i wasn't aware and did not focused on your company but this weekend i discovered you are offering some amazing instruments. I mean you are totally making Kontakt fun to play and to experiment with.

My wallet and my girlfriend won't like you :)
wave alchemy
KVRist
 
261 posts since 29 Jun, 2009

Postby wave alchemy; Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:11 am Re: Who's getting the new Wave Alchemy Revolution Drum machine?

kmonkey wrote: Wow thanks for details. I was not aware you added even second 808 to palette - this is stellar. Really stellar.

Regarding dedicated buttons in sequencer - i totally understand you when you say you run out of space for buttons. It is crowded there. Maybe it's not nice form me to say but i really don't like that jumping led meter (top right of gui) and you could consider to make it smaller and possible to add some sort of seq. toolbox there. Anyway this is just me rambling my ideas loudly i am perfectly aware you have to deal with a lot of things inside this wonderful instrument.

Regarding midi to be fair i am running Kontakt as a VSTin Ableton and from there it worked exactly as i wanted it - i can send notes from Revolution sequencer to another midi track, even to trigger other VST instrument notes. I do realize what you said it won't work as expected but i just wanted ability to record notes and to save them as midi clips after some tweaking and i can do that in Ableton with some editing after recording.

Having dedicated "emtpy" Revolution solely for sequencing purposes would be even more great.

But even at this stage this is truly marvelous instruments. I will buy it. Another big selling point for me is great IR recordings. I see in manual there is quite a lot of them.

Honestly for some reason i wasn't aware and did not focused on your company but this weekend i discovered you are offering some amazing instruments. I mean you are totally making Kontakt fun to play and to experiment with.

My wallet and my girlfriend won't like you :)


Thanks for the positive feedback!

We will certainly see what we can do in regards to adding some additional buttons to the sequencer page. We will have a think about this and see if we can come up with a solution.

In regards to the meter in the top right of Revolution. This is the volume meter and we think it is a good idea to keep this and it gives a rough visual overview on which sounds are being triggered and how loud they are being triggered :)

We will be looking into updating Revolution to include an empty sequencer nki that will allow you to sequence other instruments :D

Thank you for the kind words - I hope you thoroughly enjoy the full version of Revolution!

Dan
www.wavealchemy.co.uk

specializing in the development of cutting-edge 24-bit sample libraries
wave alchemy
KVRist
 
261 posts since 29 Jun, 2009

Postby wave alchemy; Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:11 am Re: Who's getting the new Wave Alchemy Revolution Drum machine?

kmonkey wrote: Wow thanks for details. I was not aware you added even second 808 to palette - this is stellar. Really stellar.

Regarding dedicated buttons in sequencer - i totally understand you when you say you run out of space for buttons. It is crowded there. Maybe it's not nice form me to say but i really don't like that jumping led meter (top right of gui) and you could consider to make it smaller and possible to add some sort of seq. toolbox there. Anyway this is just me rambling my ideas loudly i am perfectly aware you have to deal with a lot of things inside this wonderful instrument.

Regarding midi to be fair i am running Kontakt as a VSTin Ableton and from there it worked exactly as i wanted it - i can send notes from Revolution sequencer to another midi track, even to trigger other VST instrument notes. I do realize what you said it won't work as expected but i just wanted ability to record notes and to save them as midi clips after some tweaking and i can do that in Ableton with some editing after recording.

Having dedicated "emtpy" Revolution solely for sequencing purposes would be even more great.

But even at this stage this is truly marvelous instruments. I will buy it. Another big selling point for me is great IR recordings. I see in manual there is quite a lot of them.

Honestly for some reason i wasn't aware and did not focused on your company but this weekend i discovered you are offering some amazing instruments. I mean you are totally making Kontakt fun to play and to experiment with.

My wallet and my girlfriend won't like you :)


Thanks for the positive feedback!

We will certainly see what we can do in regards to adding some additional buttons to the sequencer page. We will have a think about this and see if we can come up with a solution.

In regards to the meter in the top right of Revolution. This is the volume meter and we think it is a good idea to keep this and it gives a rough visual overview on which sounds are being triggered and how loud they are being triggered :)

We will be looking into updating Revolution to include an empty sequencer nki that will allow you to sequence other instruments :D

Thank you for the kind words - I hope you thoroughly enjoy the full version of Revolution!

Dan
www.wavealchemy.co.uk

specializing in the development of cutting-edge 24-bit sample libraries
User avatar
Timman
KVRist
 
129 posts since 6 Mar, 2014, from Moon

Postby Timman; Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:34 am Re: Who's getting the new Wave Alchemy Revolution Drum machine?

The intro price it's a bit too much for my pockets but the teaser demo is so juicy!!!
Anechoic Chamber Screaming :o
wave alchemy
KVRist
 
261 posts since 29 Jun, 2009

Postby wave alchemy; Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:20 am Re: Who's getting the new Wave Alchemy Revolution Drum machine?

Timman wrote:The intro price it's a bit too much for my pockets but the teaser demo is so juicy!!!


We understand your thoughts about the price. We believe for the amount of content (and quality) you are getting inside Revolution, that the price is extremely good - although we do understand that this may be outside of some peoples budget.

Thanks for the kind words on the Demo! :D
www.wavealchemy.co.uk

specializing in the development of cutting-edge 24-bit sample libraries
wave alchemy
KVRist
 
261 posts since 29 Jun, 2009

Postby wave alchemy; Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:36 am Re: Who's getting the new Wave Alchemy Revolution Drum machine?

For those of you interested in using Revolution inside NI Maschine, here is a video that shows how to set it up:

https://youtu.be/9mmqQl21rTg

:D
www.wavealchemy.co.uk

specializing in the development of cutting-edge 24-bit sample libraries
wave alchemy
KVRist
 
261 posts since 29 Jun, 2009

Postby wave alchemy; Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:48 am Re: Who's getting the new Wave Alchemy Revolution Drum machine?

Hello everyone,

Fuelled by popular demand, we have decided to upload the free Demo version of Revolution to Wetransfer, meaning you can now download it directly from the below link without having to register on our website :)

Here is the direct download link: https://we.tl/FCIYnLPPNF

The free demo of Revolution is a great instrument in its own right :D

Demo limitations

Revolution Demo has some big limitations in comparison to the full version of Revolution, such as being limited to just 11 playable drum machine modules(the full instrument features 150 drum machine modules, each with multiple character styles and recording chains) A full list of the limitations can be found below:

  • Limited to just 1400 Samples (Full version boasts tens of thousands of unique samples)
  • Limited to just 2 high-quality custom Impulse Response reverbs (Full version features 160)
  • Limited to just 11 playable drum modules (Full version features 150 drum machine modules)
  • Limited to just 5 included sequence patterns (Full version features over 300)
  • Bass Drum 2, Snare Drum 2 and Tom 3 are disabled

Please note: You must have a full registered version of Native Instruments Kontakt 5.6.5 or higher to use Revolution Demo without limitations. However it will run in Demo Mode in Free kontakt Player.

The full version of Revolution of course works fully in Free Kontakt Player.
www.wavealchemy.co.uk

specializing in the development of cutting-edge 24-bit sample libraries
mholloway
KVRian
 
586 posts since 10 Jan, 2009, from Portland, OR, USA

Postby mholloway; Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:19 am Re: Who's getting the new Wave Alchemy Revolution Drum machine?

How do you disable / bypass the sequencer altogether?

I just want to trigger the samples via my controller keyboard and record the MIDI into my host, Ableton.

The presets load with built-in sequences, and I don't want to have to clear them manually every time I load a preset, just so I can play / record via my host.

thanks,
-Michael
www.dwifh.com - old-school industrial music by DEAD WHEN I FOUND HER
Echoes in the Attic
KVRAF
 
5160 posts since 12 May, 2008

Postby Echoes in the Attic; Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:26 pm Re: Who's getting the new Wave Alchemy Revolution Drum machine?

Is it correct that only the processed drum kits have sequences loaded with them? The other 4 categories have no sequences by default.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit. Once I have something clever, I will certainly fill it in.
mholloway
KVRian
 
586 posts since 10 Jan, 2009, from Portland, OR, USA

Postby mholloway; Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:31 pm Re: Who's getting the new Wave Alchemy Revolution Drum machine?

Echoes in the Attic wrote:Is it correct that only the processed drum kits have sequences loaded with them? The other 4 categories have no sequences by default.


Yeah I realized this shortly after making my post, I had at that point only loaded processed drum kits. But so far in my exploration this does seem to be the case, yes.

thanks
-M
www.dwifh.com - old-school industrial music by DEAD WHEN I FOUND HER
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments