Who's getting the new Wave Alchemy Revolution Drum machine?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Revolution Revolution-606

Sounds Outside wrote:
enronhubbard wrote:What are some distinctions between this and Spark 2?
Not being a user of Spark 2 (although I admit it does look cool!) here are some of the main differences between Revolution and other sample based products ...
Except that Spark 2 isn't a sample based product. It has samples, like many drum machines, but it has several other synthesis methods as well, like many drum machines.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Echoes in the Attic wrote:Understood. However I'd rather use the 12 patterns as actual different patterns rather than for example 6 pairs that should be played together. That adds complexity that wouldn't be needed with a longer pattern. ...
i see your point, but this is limited old-school thinking. you seem to be overlooking a very powerful feature here:
Sounds Outside wrote:... One of the advantages of this is that the switching happens legato, meaning you can switch the patterns in realtime. This allows you to have patterns with variations that can be switched as you press the key. This could be one bar of straight hihats, one bar of syncopated hihats, one bar with a fill at the end / cymbals and One bar with just kick and snare. Then you still have 8 bars (sequences) left over for more programming.
have you tried using this feature? by "cutting" between patterns like this you have more possibilities available to you than you think. legato triggering from a pool of up to twelve 32-step (one bar of 32nd notes) gives you an almost unlimited number of pattern combinations. the days of "let this single 2-bar pattern loop over and over" are gone, you might want to think of using this to your advantage. of course, doing this with twelve 64-step patterns would be even better, but starts to seem a bit unnecessary once you realize how this works and how much you can do with it. i use this feature (legato pattern switching) in Maschine all the time, it's f'ing brilliant. hell, i usually only use 16-step patterns now that i think of it.

you're actually pretty lucky that they made the default pattern length 32-steps, or you'd really be screwed. :hihi:

Sounds Outside wrote:Ok, good points and I see where you're coming from. This could be doable but it will take some rethinking of how several things are currently implemented. I'm not sure if this will make it for the next update but we'll definitely put some thought towards this. We would need to be sure this doesn't break compatibility with the current implementation as well but if it's possible we'll add this feature.
love this attitude, so great to see from a developer.
Last edited by jbuonacc on Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lotuzia wrote:... Spark 2 isn't a sample based product. It has samples, like many drum machines, but it has several other synthesis methods as well, like many drum machines.
uhh... it started out as a solely sample-based product and remains a mainly sample-based product.

Love it!

jbuonacc wrote:
Echoes in the Attic wrote:Understood. However I'd rather use the 12 patterns as actual different patterns rather than for example 6 pairs that should be played together. That adds complexity that wouldn't be needed with a longer pattern. ...
i see your point, but this is limited old-school thinking. you seem to be overlooking a very powerful feature here:
Sounds Outside wrote:... One of the advantages of this is that the switching happens legato, meaning you can switch the patterns in realtime. This allows you to have patterns with variations that can be switched as you press the key. This could be one bar of straight hihats, one bar of syncopated hihats, one bar with a fill at the end / cymbals and One bar with just kick and snare. Then you still have 8 bars (sequences) left over for more programming.
have you tried using this feature? by "cutting" between patterns like this you have more possibilities available to you than you think. legato triggering from a pool of up to twelve 32-step (one bar of 32nd notes) gives you an almost unlimited number of pattern combinations. the days of "let this single 2-bar pattern loop over and over" are gone, you might want to think of using this to your advantage. of course, doing this with twelve 64-step patterns would be even better, but starts to seem a bit unnecessary once you realize how this works and how much you can do with it. i use this feature (legato pattern switching) in Maschine all the time, it's f'ing brilliant. hell, i usually only use 16-step patterns now that i think of it.

you're actually pretty lucky that they made the default pattern length 32-steps, or you'd really be screwed. :hihi:

Sounds Outside wrote:Ok, good points and I see where you're coming from. This could be doable but it will take some rethinking of how several things are currently implemented. I'm not sure if this will make it for the next update but we'll definitely put some thought towards this. We would need to be sure this doesn't break compatibility with the current implementation as well but if it's possible we'll add this feature.
love this attitude, so great to see from a developer.
I already know all of this. You are preaching to the choir here. It does not change anything. Wanting at least 64 steps is not old school thinking, but my example did make it sound that way I'll admit. Having a longer pattern means you have to do less legato pattern switching just for a simple variation on a second bar which is almost always wanted, and you can instead use the patter switching for more drastic pattern changes, or you have more over which to modify patterns by changing from one to another and back. Legato switching does not mean infinite possibilities, you still have to work within the patterns you've written and you can get more out of that with optional longer sequences. They've taken the point, let it go.

Sounds Outside wrote:
Raddler1 wrote: Yes, I believe you are correct. Kontakt 5/ Kontakt player 5 V5.6.5 64 bit is the only version that will load the revolution library. Well that really sucks. I hate these libraries being forced into native instruments stuff. I wish WA would have made their own "true" version of this product. So i will confirm....UNLESS YOU ARE USING A 64BIT VERSION OF KONTAKT 5, THIS PRODUCT WILL NOT WORK (MAC/LOGIC).
I can understand your feeling towards wishing we had of made our own true version of the product but the truth is this would have been next to impossible for us outside of using Kontakt. Besides the fact that using Kontakt allowed us to develop this with many development concerns already taken care of (serial system, DSP effects, RAM mangement, etc.) my understanding through talking with numerous developers is that building an instrument like this outside of Kontakt would have required years more of development time. Revolution has been built entirely by us using no 3rd party assistance and that's important for us as it allows us to issue updates and respond to user requests quickly. I would have loved to have develop this as it's own plugin but unfortunately I've only been given one lifetime and it doesn't appear being a C++ programmer is going to be one of them this time around :wink:

Regarding 32-bit this is correct and sorry to hear this makes the product incompatible with your workflow. Please allow me to explain the reasons why this is the case ...

1) We are supporting the very latest version of Kontakt to take advantage of the larger GUI size available among other new features. In our opinion this makes a profound experience on the workflow and makes for a far stronger product than we could have created by using an earlier version.

2) The instrument can easily use over 500mb of RAM utilizing the tens of thousand of samples included in the instrument. On a 32-bit system users would easily run out of RAM and experience crashing if using other RAM intensive effects and instruments in a heavy session.

This all being said although we haven't tested the instrument on a 32-bit system the System Requirements for the latest version of Kontakt do list Windows 32 bit as an option. All modern Macs should have no problem running in 32 bit.

Thanks for the feedback with reference to my post, albeit disappointing, I can see you point. Thanks

Anyone else have trouble downloading this thing from their Wave Alchemy accounts? When I first started, my account said I had 10 download attempts available on each of the 4 parts. The first 3 parts downloaded fine, the 4th failed. When I went back to my account to try again, it now says I have 0 attempts available. (And my available downloads of two Synth Drums packages went from 10 earlier this evening to 6!)

The product looks and sounds very interesting, but for me and my setup (already own a lot of emulations, huge sample libraries, plus some other synthetic drum machines) the price is too steep. It won't add much for my workflow, except I'd ditch everything and just go for the WA drum machine. It would be just GAS for me :D :D :D

Sorry Wave Alchemy I will skip this one.
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

UltimateOutsider wrote:Anyone else have trouble downloading this thing from their Wave Alchemy accounts? When I first started, my account said I had 10 download attempts available on each of the 4 parts. The first 3 parts downloaded fine, the 4th failed. When I went back to my account to try again, it now says I have 0 attempts available. (And my available downloads of two Synth Drums packages went from 10 earlier this evening to 6!)
Hello,

Dan here from Wave Alchemy. I believe we have solved this issue for you via e-mail contact. Can you confirm everything is now working for you? :)
http://www.wavealchemy.co.uk

Specializing in the development of forward-thinking virtual instruments and sample libraries.

I know that from the kontakt interface I can cycle through the individual drums while a sequence is playing simultaneously but I noticed that I can't audition entire drum kits from the kontakt interface while a sequence is playing or the sequence is reset to blank. I have to first drag the midi seq to the DAW.Only then can I cycle through whole kits while the seq is playing.
It that the way Revolution works or am I missing something?

dblock wrote:I know that from the kontakt interface I can cycle through the individual drums while a sequence is playing simultaneously but I noticed that I can't audition entire drum kits from the kontakt interface while a sequence is playing or the sequence is reset to blank. I have to first drag the midi seq to the DAW.Only then can I cycle through whole kits while the seq is playing.
Thanks for the question and yes, there is an easy solution to this. If you press the lock icon to the right of the Sequence select drop down menu your pattern will be saved while switching presets.

Sounds Outside wrote:
dblock wrote:I know that from the kontakt interface I can cycle through the individual drums while a sequence is playing simultaneously but I noticed that I can't audition entire drum kits from the kontakt interface while a sequence is playing or the sequence is reset to blank. I have to first drag the midi seq to the DAW.Only then can I cycle through whole kits while the seq is playing.
Thanks for the question and yes, there is an easy solution to this. If you press the lock icon to the right of the Sequence select drop down menu your pattern will be saved while switching presets.
It worked perfectly! You guys thought of everything.This is my new go-to workhorse drum machine. Love this thing. Any plans to do something else with it?
Thanks for the response! :tu:

I need help, if anybody can answer this I will be very very grateful.

I mapped out all the "instrument buses" in the instrument bus sections to map to the proper outputs, this way I have everything tracked out from my Komplete Kontrol instance of Revolution and directed to my drum rack in Ableton. I like having full control of each sound. So kick is output 1, kick 2 is output 2, etc. All works fine, except when I save my settings and then re-load all my instrument bus settings are back to default. What am I missing here?

I added a screen shot of the section I am trying to change. For what it's worth, the wave alchemy ableton drum rack located in the "extras" folder loads these mappings each time, so I know it's possible. Only problem is their version loads a mapped out Kontakt instance of Revolution and I want a mapped out Komplete Kontrol instance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

crevice wrote:I need help, if anybody can answer this I will be very very grateful.

I mapped out all the "instrument buses" in the instrument bus sections to map to the proper outputs, this way I have everything tracked out from my Komplete Kontrol instance of Revolution and directed to my drum rack in Ableton. I like having full control of each sound. So kick is output 1, kick 2 is output 2, etc. All works fine, except when I save my settings and then re-load all my instrument bus settings are back to default. What am I missing here?

I added a screen shot of the section I am trying to change. For what it's worth, the wave alchemy ableton drum rack located in the "extras" folder loads these mappings each time, so I know it's possible. Only problem is their version loads a mapped out Kontakt instance of Revolution and I want a mapped out Komplete Kontrol instance.
Hi crevice! In the attached screenshot you will see an area that says Output 1. Click that and you get the option to send each channel to it's own output. Alternately you can also press the Box Icon to the right of this to auto route each drum to it's own channel. After you do this it will be remembered while switching presets and reloading sessions.

As a general rule we wouldn't advise changing any settings internally within Kontakt as every aspect of the instrument is heavily being influenced by the script.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sounds Outside wrote:
crevice wrote:I need help, if anybody can answer this I will be very very grateful.

Hi crevice! In the attached screenshot you will see an area that says Output 1. Click that and you get the option to send each channel to it's own output. Alternately you can also press the Box Icon to the right of this to auto route each drum to it's own channel. After you do this it will be remembered while switching presets and reloading sessions.

As a general rule we wouldn't advise changing any settings internally within Kontakt as every aspect of the instrument is heavily being influenced by the script.
Thank you that def did the trick. I know we talked a bit over email, but figured I would ask here in case you missed it. I am noticing that in that same area as your screenshot it says Bass Drum 1 when I select BD2. Is that a bug, normal, or did I mess something up? :help:

Return to “Instruments”