Bazille - most misunderstood synth?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bazille

Bazille is probably the only U-he synth that I honestly fear of using. I can easily see myself installing it and I would completely disappear from all kinds of social interactions with the outside world.

/C
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

I would opt for Bazille, and the :party: real world :party:
rather than the :ud: outside world :ud:

How is bazille misunderstood when you know what you are getting when you buy it?

Dasheesh wrote:How is bazille misunderstood when you know what you are getting when you buy it?
I think what the OP really meant is why it isn't more popular (implying that it is "misunderstood"). And the reasons why that is have been thoroughly pointed out in this thread.

kmonkey wrote:To my ear (and therefore to my opinion so take it with grain of salt) Bazille is best sounding synth to this date. Better then Zebra, Repro or any vanilia vendory synth out there. I am speaking about sheer amount of solidity to sound. There is something which is making it stand out of the everything else i ever tried. And i have pretty a lot of stuff on my computer.
I agree... Bazille is not for everyone. But it is the synth that I'd choose if I absolutely could only have one synth. It does something for me that nothing else does.

chk071 wrote:
Dasheesh wrote:How is bazille misunderstood when you know what you are getting when you buy it?
I think what the OP really meant is why it isn't more popular (implying that it is "misunderstood"). And the reasons why that is have been thoroughly pointed out in this thread.
Exactly. I took it to mean that people think of it as a typical subtractive modular and are then a bit disappointed in the oscillators. That is where, IMNSHO, much of the misunderstanding lies even if people can't articulate it well. They say that it sounds too dark, or too noisy. Those are classic symptoms of not understanding to get the desired set of harmonics out of an FM synth.

IDK I bought Bazille right off the bat because it does what it does and I bought it to do what it does and I knew what I was getting. Can I be honest, I think Bazille is probably the most easy to program I've ever come across. Take A, plug into B, turn knob. Everything is right in front of you.

Hive however...that one took some work.

Dasheesh wrote:IDK I bought Bazille right off the bat because it does what it does and I bought it to do what it does and I knew what I was getting. Can I be honest, I think Bazille is probably the most easy to program I've ever come across. Take A, plug into B, turn knob. Everything is right in front of you.

A lot of us did, so clearly, you aren't in the class of people that misunderstand it. Read the thread if you're interested, it's clear that people think of it as something that it isn't.

For me, it's only clear that the OP thinks that people think of it as something that it isn't. :D

Dialetheistically? Maybe? :lol:

chk071 wrote:For me, it's only clear that the OP thinks that people think of it as something that it isn't. :D
Well, the fact that people say things like "I don't like it because it's dark or harsh" is a clear indication that they misunderstand it. Especially if the purchased it thinking it could be something else and then weren't able to make it that.

ghettosynth wrote:
chk071 wrote:For me, it's only clear that the OP thinks that people think of it as something that it isn't. :D
Well, the fact that people say things like "I don't like it because it's dark or harsh" is a clear indication that they misunderstand it. Especially if the purchased it thinking it could be something else and then weren't able to make it that.
You never bought anything you disliked after buying it? "Misunderstanding" doesn't quite cut it, unless you feel like anything which is sold after you bought it has been misunderstood.

My answer to the question was no. Bazille is not the most misunderstood softy.

chk071 wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:
You never bought anything you disliked after buying it? "Misunderstanding" doesn't quite cut it, unless you feel like anything which is sold after you bought it has been misunderstood.
I'm sorry, I disagree. There's plenty of evidence in this thread that people misunderstand what it is. Some people think that it's a substitute for a more traditional modular. It isn't, I've explained this over and over so I won't explain it again. Some people think it can only do dirty and/or dark sounds, this is wrong, so that's a misunderstanding.

The only time that I've been disappointed in a product is when it sucks, or, wait for it, when I misunderstood what it was supposed to do. Bazille doesn't suck at what it does, and, so long as you don't misunderstand that, there really isn't a better choice than it on the market.

I get the sense that there's some silly attempt to say that because a particular poster understands it that everyone who buys it does. That's just nonsense, it's unique among plugins and that alone is enough that people who lack the experience are going to buy it with misunderstanding.

Whether it's the "most" misunderstood synth, I don't know about that. But there's plenty of evidence in this thread and elsewhere to demonstrate that many people buy it believing that it is something other than what it is. That's exactly what misunderstood means.

I actually think that Reaktor is more misunderstood than Bazille. But, it's not a synth.

Dasheesh wrote:IDK I bought Bazille right off the bat because it does what it does and I bought it to do what it does and I knew what I was getting. Can I be honest, I think Bazille is probably the most easy to program I've ever come across. Take A, plug into B, turn knob. Everything is right in front of you.

I Felt exactly the same way.

I misunderstood Bazille thinking I was going to have a hard time. And I misunderstood Hive thinking it was going to be easier than Bazille. I guess I mean difficulty in putting some random ideas together and it sounding good. I believe sounding "good" is....; where I enjoy strange glitchy or pulsy sounds that something like Bazille would produce but someone else wouldn't. I suppose after that all-in-all Hive is easier to get into and do basic sound design... I almost bought Bazille recently, but I still need a bread and butter. Been using stock plugins, and free synths exclusively since always.

But, Bazille is a real treat and on my list for sure.

Return to “Instruments”