BW-Tron Beta Tests

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Nice work so far :tu:

Four more suggestions:

1. Standard for most plugins for the knob movement is vertical now, not circular (can be changed in the .txt description of the knob graphics)
2. Something is wrong with the "wet" knob. There is a volume jump when moving from zero slightly upwards (maybe there is a routing for the dry signal plus a dry signal from the rev module?)
3. Maybe there should be seperate "wet" routings and knobs of chorus and reverb for the two sections?
4. I think "Output 3/4 without effects" is obsolete, as effects could be set to "dry". Wouldn't these be better used for seperate ouputs of the A and B section?
ImageImage

BTW:
About MIDI Automation/Control Learn: Although Synthedit site states that DH Controlmeister does not work, I did not have problems with it:
This gives MIDI learn function with a click of a button. This is saved independent of the preset selection.

To control the two sound sections on different MIDI channels, it would be necessary to put two MIDItoCV and the belonging sound engine in different containers. Or you use 3rd party "sc:MIDI2CV" which allows more than one module in the same container.

ImageImage

Hello Wolfgang and all !
WOK wrote:Nice work so far :tu:
Thank you !
:hug:
WOK wrote:Four more suggestions:

1. Standard for most plugins for the knob movement is vertical now, not circular (can be changed in the .txt description of the knob graphics)
2. Something is wrong with the "wet" knob. There is a volume jump when moving from zero slightly upwards (maybe there is a routing for the dry signal plus a dry signal from the rev module?)
3. Maybe there should be seperate "wet" routings and knobs of chorus and reverb for the two sections?
4. I think "Output 3/4 without effects" is obsolete, as effects could be set to "dry". Wouldn't these be better used for seperate ouputs of the A and B section?
Points 1, 2, and 4, are now fixed in the new beta version 0.6e below.
:)

About the point 3, wouldn't is lead to double the effects (and of course move the merge of A and B from before the effect section to after the effect section. I think that it is the suggestion you do, isn't it? It would also add two knobs if I understand correctly, and... I don't know where I could put these two new knobs.
:hihi:

About the MIDI Learn using DH_MIDIControlmeister, I'm going to make experimentations and small projects in sandboxes to master correctly this other technique and implement it in a future version 1.1. I keep your suggestion and your picture very carefully (I already have the modules themselves).

The problem now is that many of the old modules written in 32-bit will not be ported to 64-bit, especially those from Dave Haupt and those from Chris Kerry, and I hope that some C++ developers will produce modules twice equivalent... and of the same wonderful quality.

As it is currently, BW-Tron can't even be ported to 64-bit without replacement of some highly important modules since it uses some CK and some DH modules among these most important ones. The port to 64-bit of SE-made plugins will be a strong problem for us developers who use these wonderful modules which won't be ported.

For now... the new beta version of BW-Tron 0.6e, fixing the points 1,2, and 4, is here:
http://hsjp.eu/mao/BW-Tron/BW-Tron_06e.zip
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

In FLStudio(11) the pan knobs do nothing (well they do something but, they don't PAN anything).
I know there are 4 OUTs 2 wet 2 dry but routing to those don't change a thing.
The pan works great in REAPER, so I think it has to do with the channels being mono/stereo or double mono or something like that that FLStudio does not like....

Furthermore I don't think the mixed presets are very useful because you can't change the levels of the mixed sounds, say 40/60 30/70 or something like that (I think it's a hard 50/50 mix :scared: ?).

I love the way it sounds, and it's great to have all the Taijiguy samples in one place, and the GUI(s) are very pleasing :hyper: :tu: :clap:

EDIT after trying 06E with the 2 OUTs it's still not Pannable :scared: but the vertical knob action is a PLUS ! :tu:

Hello Yeager

To test, did you try with two very different instruments, for example the cello on the set A and the flute on the set B ?
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

Yep, the pan knobs in FLSTudio do something to the volume, other than that no left/right action at all 8)
BlackWinny wrote:Hello Yeager

To test, did you try with two very different instruments, for example the cello on the set A and the flute on the set B ?

Yes the duets are 50/50 in hard in the soundfont.

Although some mixed sounds are very interesting.

For example, try to play a progression of chords with pads using:
  1. 5. Cello on A with Tone at 5 and 54. Strings+Winds on B with Tone at 4.
The now try to play a lead at an average tempo using:
  1. 12. 1 Violin+BrassGC3 on A with Tone at 4 and 25. 2 Violins+Strings on B with Tone at 6.
I have found some other interesting combinations, especially using the cello on a set with strings and the choirs on the other set with brasses.

Yeager wrote:Yep, the pan knobs in FLSTudio do something to the volume, other than that no left/right action at all 8)

That's curious...

Do others have the same strange absence of pan using a different instrument on A and B ?
(when it is the same instrument on A and B or two too close timbres each other, the pan effect on one set is of course less noticeable)

What happens, Yeager, when you use the PAN knob on set A having the MIX knob put hard left ? Make the experience with headphones if possible.

When I pan Hard left the volume of that part changes but it does not pan to the left :(

I think it's a FLStudio thing the way it handles mono samples or double-mono or something, I only know it works different in REAPER.
BlackWinny wrote:
Yeager wrote:Yep, the pan knobs in FLSTudio do something to the volume, other than that no left/right action at all 8)

That's curious...

Do others have the same strange absence of pan using a different instrument on A and B ?
(when it is the same instrument on A and B or two too close timbres each other, the pan effect on one set is of course less noticeable)

Here is a completely useless example :
Part A solo Flute going from left to right, then Part B solo Brass going from right to left.
Then the same with mix 50/50.
As you can hear there is no panning whatsoever 8) (but the knobs move :hyper: :lol: )

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/862 ... 022017.mp3

BlackWinny wrote:About the point 3, wouldn't is lead to double the effects (and of course move the merge of A and B from before the effect section to after the effect section. I think that it is the suggestion you do, isn't it? It would also add two knobs if I understand correctly, and... I don't know where I could put these two new knobs.
The "dry/wet" knob would have to be changed internally into a "send" knob for this (controlling the INPUTS of the effects instead the mix of the dry/effect signals)
So each section gets two knobs for chorus and reverb with a VCA controlling the amount of signal fed into the effects. Effect ouput is connected fixed to the main out then. Dry/wet becomes obsolete. Of course the maximum effect amount is 50:50 with this construction, which should be OK.
ImageImage

Yeager wrote:In FLStudio(11) the pan knobs do nothing (well they do something but, they don't PAN anything).
The pan works great in REAPER, so I think it has to do with the channels being mono/stereo or double mono or something like that that FLStudio does not like....
I think the plugin was exported without the setting "output as stereo pairs" in Synthedit, which might cause problems in some hosts.
ImageImage

WOK wrote:
Yeager wrote:In FLStudio(11) the pan knobs do nothing (well they do something but, they don't PAN anything).
I think the plugin was exported without the setting "output as stereo pairs" in Synthedit, which might cause problems in some hosts.
Yes, you're right. I didn't think it was still useful for new releases of the DAWs. And even less for FL Studio. I'm going to upload a new beta version with this setting checked on.

Hello Yeager and all!
:D

Yeager, you can try with the new version 0.6f I've just compiled a few minutes ago with the compilation option "Outputs as stereo pairs" set to true. Here is the new link:

http://hsjp.eu/mao/BW-Tron/BW-Tron_06f.zip
:pray:

Return to “Instruments”