Steinberg HALion 6 & HALion Sonic 3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

trusampler wrote:Anyone know if you can change the default patch of Halion 6 upon load?
Funny, I was just thinking there's a bug. I thought in H5 I just emptied the project and saved it as startup. But, that isn't working. hmmmm.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

ok got it, you have to right click on the preset slot and select "set default".

SJ_Digriz wrote:
trusampler wrote:Anyone know if you can change the default patch of Halion 6 upon load?
Funny, I was just thinking there's a bug. I thought in H5 I just emptied the project and saved it as startup. But, that isn't working. hmmmm.
right click on the multi patch load , Clear Plug-in Instance , now rename it maybe to "empty startup" , save as default .

again , its all with right click on the multi patch load

next time you load H6 it will be load the "empty startup" .

edit: ok i see you found it now yourselves

Compyfox wrote:So the "previous license nuke" bug happens no matter what? Yet Steinberg pulled something out of thin air that it has something to do with the "HDD eLicenser"?!

Now I'm completely confused.
Version 5's license is dongle only. Because v6 introduces the possibility of soft-elicenser, Steinberg said it requires a completely new license type be issued.

So, rather than change v5's license to add v6 support, as would normally happen with an upgrade, it replaces the v5 license entirely with the new v6 only license. That is why it leaves you unable to run older versions.

You then have to ask Steinberg support to give you an old v5 license type back, if you still want to run older versions. You will then be given a second v5 type license, in addition to your new v6 type license. So you will have two licenses, one for Hypersonic through HALion 5, and one for HALion v6 only.

Why they did it this way, rather than leave your v5 license alone and add a new v6 license I'm not sure. Probably because they don't want people using their v5 license to upgrade more than once.

If all this is still too difficult to follow check for info in your native language :)

Compyfox wrote: And I keep checking the thread to get an answer to "what is specifically missing in Windows 7". So far no answer either. :hihi:
Nothing is missing in Win 7. Steiney announced they are supporting Win 7 now.
For streaming and free music downloads visit http://kennethrobertsmusic.com/

PAK wrote:If all this is still too difficult to follow check for info in your native language :)
Now it's crystal clear. Thanks for the clear-up.

There is only hope that the hosts will NEVER go that route. Then again, only the "LE versions" are Soft eLicenser (HDD), the big versions (pro) were always USB key.

Doesn't mean that we'd be save of any faux-pas however. As I mentioned earlier, wouldn't be the first time that an installer (maintenance update even!) refuses to even launch on a "considered unsupported OS".

BassMasterK wrote:
Compyfox wrote: And I keep checking the thread to get an answer to "what is specifically missing in Windows 7". So far no answer either. :hihi:
Sampleconstruct insisted that there are "features missing" due to "missing OS stuff" or whatever. I wanted to know which features explicitly.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote:
BassMasterK wrote:
Sampleconstruct insisted that there are "features missing" due to "missing OS stuff" or whatever. I wanted to know which features explicitly.
As I said more than once, I've been working with the wavetable, granular, synth, sampling, FX (both as inserts in tme mixer and include in the program), created Multis, imported, exported, and also tried it already as a plug-in, and so far nothing has failed. As a matter of fact, I even found that HALion 6 is as stable or even more stable than HALion 5 in my system.

So, I think that those alleged "missing components" are not missing, after all.
Fernando (FMR)

Here's another attempt to bring H6 back to discussing features.

I was trying to get some bellish/gongish kind of stuff. I played with the start position to find either dull or bright attacks. Really easy, with very little in the way of effects. The only things going here are the filter and a little reverb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnehjlh_WqE

by the way, it's a PITA to use a computer keyboard to play a regular keyboard. Can't wait to get my controller keyboard back under my desk.

Can anyone tell me how granular works if you have multiple zones? Say you record something on every key and want to apply the same granular settings to each one. Is it easy to tweak granular parameters across key zones?

Also, is there an easy way to swap out a multi-sampled instruments and change them all to granular? Like perhaps load an SFZ file? And you want to apply granular to all keys...

What I'm basically trying to figure out is if I create some multi-sampled basic patches (like capturing from another soft synth), is it easy enough to use granular on it and swap that instrument out for another one, keeping the granular settings.

Finally got my H5 addon license so Hypersonic 2 is working again.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:Can anyone tell me how granular works if you have multiple zones? Say you record something on every key and want to apply the same granular settings to each one. Is it easy to tweak granular parameters across key zones?

Also, is there an easy way to swap out a multi-sampled instruments and change them all to granular? Like perhaps load an SFZ file? And you want to apply granular to all keys...

What I'm basically trying to figure out is if I create some multi-sampled basic patches (like capturing from another soft synth), is it easy enough to use granular on it and swap that instrument out for another one, keeping the granular settings.
I don't have HALion but if granular works similar to the way it does in The Mangle, you should be able to swap samples. Of course the resulting sounds are going to be radically different depending on the swapped sample even if the granular automations are retained.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:Can anyone tell me how granular works if you have multiple zones? Say you record something on every key and want to apply the same granular settings to each one. Is it easy to tweak granular parameters across key zones?

Just select all zones in the program tree on the upper right of the interface, if you have a layer, just click on the layer and all zones will get selected automatically, then make your settings in the granular editor and all zones will get affected. Swapping samples can be done easily in the sample mapping window -> replace sample. You can also batch change oscillator types and set them all from sampling to granular, select all zones -> zone type -> make you selection.

aMUSEd wrote:Finally got my H5 addon license so Hypersonic 2 is working again.
Good news.

Sampleconstruct wrote:

Just select all zones in the program tree on the upper right of the interface, if you have a layer, just click on the layer and all zones will get selected automatically, then make your settings in the granular editor and all zones will get affected. Swapping samples can be done easily in the sample mapping window -> replace sample. You can also batch change oscillator types and set them all from sampling to granular, select all zones -> zone type -> make you selection.
That sounds pretty good, thanks. But the one thing I'm still not sure about is can you replace samples from multiples zones at once and load for example an SFZ of multi-samples, and have the granular settings left in place? I'd surprised if this was possible but it would be useful. Otherwise I guess you'd have to load an SFZ (or whatever other multi-sample format) and put all your granular settings back to how you wan them?

This seems like a unique benefit to Omnisphere and using the built-in library of sound sources. You can swap out a multi-sampled instrument, leaving granular settings as they are.

Return to “Instruments”