Steinberg HALion 6 & HALion Sonic 3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

aMUSEd wrote:Finally got my H5 addon license so Hypersonic 2 is working again.
This mean that H5 includes Hypersonic 2?
I have Halion 5 how i can obtain HS2?

krraqk wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:Finally got my H5 addon license so Hypersonic 2 is working again.
This mean that H5 includes Hypersonic 2?
I have Halion 5 how i can obtain HS2?
No you have to already have a copy, I upgraded to Halionsonic from Hypersonic.

Sorry Im confussed then HS2 is not included with all H5 or Halion sonicc 2 licenses, is your previous HS2 license what is included in H5 license?
So its not going to work to me if I download Hypersonic from the steinberg ftp archives (assuming its here which I dont know atm)?

Guess it might, if it's there. Not sure it is though.

Well it seems its not in the steinberg ftp archives. Maybe if its requested to Steinberg they will provide the iso, I think I have read something like that.

Steinberg sold Hypersonic 2 to Wizoo which later branched off and created AIR so Steinberg has NO more rights to the content. Your best bet would be to try n scour the depths of the internet for an iso dvd of the original content dvd and installer honestly, or try and find it on ebay or something. This is not an easy task,unless you know of someone with it on hand.
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

krraqk wrote:Well it seems its not in the steinberg ftp archives. Maybe if its requested to Steinberg they will provide the iso, I think I have read something like that.
They do not give iso if you did not buy Hypersonic 2, that naturally 8)

krraqk wrote:Sorry Im confussed then HS2 is not included with all H5 or Halion sonicc 2 licenses, is your previous HS2 license what is included in H5 license?
So its not going to work to me if I download Hypersonic from the steinberg ftp archives (assuming its here which I dont know atm)?
When you say HS2, I presume you are referring to HALion Sonic 2, which is, indeed, part of the package of HALion 5 (as HALion Sonic 1 was part of the package of HALion 4).

Hypersonic 2 (and Hypersonic 1) was a different thing. The content (at least that, not sure about the engine) was licensed from Wizoo (and not SOLD to Wizoo, as someone said), so, when Wizoo was bought by Avid, the contract was terminated - that's why Steinberg came out with HALion Sonic, to replace Hypersonic.

It's good to know that HALion 5 license can unblock Hypersonic 2, but you can't get that from Steinberg anymore. So, the only solution, as someone also said, is to find it second hand, or someone who can loan you the DVDs.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:
krraqk wrote:Sorry Im confussed then HS2 is not included with all H5 or Halion sonicc 2 licenses, is your previous HS2 license what is included in H5 license?
When you say HS2, I presume you are referring to HALion Sonic 2, which is, indeed, part of the package of HALion 5 (as HALion Sonic 1 was part of the package of HALion 4).

Hypersonic 2 (and Hypersonic 1) was a different thing. The content (at least that, not sure about the engine) was licensed from Wizoo (and not SOLD to Wizoo, as someone said), so, when Wizoo was bought by Avid, the contract was terminated - that's why Steinberg came out with HALion Sonic, to replace Hypersonic.

It's good to know that HALion 5 license can unblock Hypersonic 2, but you can't get that from Steinberg anymore. So, the only solution, as someone also said, is to find it second hand, or someone who can loan you the DVDs.
Here the full H2 Version

https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/do ... nic_2.html

and here the Halion 5 Full

https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/do ... ion_5.html

Im talking about Hypersonic 2 all the time, Halion 5 Includes Halion Sonic 2 so I have already both.

can anyone point me in the direction of the wavetables folder for halion 6 (windows)? cheers

bundoo wrote:can anyone point me in the direction of the wavetables folder for halion 6 (windows)? cheers
If you are talking about the wavetables you create, over here they are in:

C:\Users\Your user\Documents\Steinberg\HALion\Sub Presets\Wavetable\Wavetables

Bear in mind that these are proprietary files, with the extension halpreset

The factory ones, I guess they are in the HALion Content files that are installed.
Fernando (FMR)

I bought Halion Sonic 3 update yesterday. Nearly 24 hours later, I'm almost done downloading the 25 GB file. This is my first time using the Steinberg Download Assistant, so I'm not sure what to expect here. Hoping everything goes smoothly because I'm not downloading 25 GB again.

Live on video: re-synthesizing/wave-tabling male overtone singing from my Alchemy library MetaVox in Halion 6, trying various re-synthesis modes, tweaking things on the fly, editing the harmonics in the spectrum editor, manipulating the phases. I'm very impressed by the results I must say...

The only thing I'm really missing are some phase distortion modes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7ApV9ioqf4

Ok so...

Is it worth it to upgrade?

Return to “Instruments”