Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise
wagtunes
KVRAF

8717 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Postby wagtunes; Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:45 pm Re: Steinberg HALion 6 & HALion Sonic 3

Romantique Tp wrote:This is what works as proof of purchase: https://www.steinberg.net/en/shop/crossgrades.html

The products that qualify for both Absolute 3 and Halion 6 crossgrades are Kontakt / Komplete, Falcon, Machfive, Omnisphere.

This list shows up when you click Add to cart.

Thanks. I have everything but Machfive. I guess a screen shot of my product registration would be easiest to send. I assume that's somewhere on the About screen.

Sorry for the stupid questions but I've never done a crossgrade before. Honestly, I don't understand why one company will give you a discount on their product if you bought a product from another company.
Googly Smythe
KVRAF

1801 posts since 11 May, 2011, from The 51st state

Postby Googly Smythe; Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:50 pm Re: Steinberg HALion 6 & HALion Sonic 3

nm :dog:
Last edited by Googly Smythe on Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zyguli
KVRist

173 posts since 11 May, 2006, from Warszawa

Postby zyguli; Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:38 am Re: Steinberg HALion 6 & HALion Sonic 3

wagtunes wrote:Honestly, I don't understand why one company will give you a discount on their product if you bought a product from another company.

The reasoning behind this is that you won't consider buying the product, if you own a product of the competition that covers the same area, unless the price is right.
chk071
KVRAF

13494 posts since 10 Apr, 2010, from Germany

Postby chk071; Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:52 am Re: Steinberg HALion 6 & HALion Sonic 3

Yep. It's like when a car company buys your old car from a competing company, when you buy a new car from them.
It's not "news" anymore, it's "infotainment".
Echoes in the Attic
KVRAF

5445 posts since 12 May, 2008

Postby Echoes in the Attic; Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:00 am Re: Steinberg HALion 6 & HALion Sonic 3

chk071 wrote:Yep. It's like when a car company buys your old car from a competing company, when you buy a new car from them.

Ya. Except for the fact that Steinberg doesn't take your old license from you. And that there is no physical product involved. So I guess not like that at all. But I can't tell if you're being sarcastic, sorry.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit. Once I have something clever, I will certainly fill it in.
chk071
KVRAF

13494 posts since 10 Apr, 2010, from Germany

Postby chk071; Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:04 am Re: Steinberg HALion 6 & HALion Sonic 3

Well, you pay less for the crossgrade, don't you?

The point is that they want to make you check out their product. Or completely switch to it.
It's not "news" anymore, it's "infotainment".
steff3
KVRian

535 posts since 7 Oct, 2006

Postby steff3; Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:14 am Re: Steinberg HALion 6 & HALion Sonic 3

Hello,

any real world user reports on how stable HALion 6 is on Mac.

I used HALion1-3 (with 2 being quite great, 3 being acceptable) and then updated to HALion 5 but only lately started to use it (on MacOS El Capitan - not on Sierra, latest HALion 5 update) - and - at least on my system - calling HALion 5 'not that stable' is pretty diplomatic expression for how it works. Also the UI is not that responsive .... (regarding sample layout, editing sample mapping - not playing and using the standard modules as is)

Did HALion 6 improve on that?
(I cannot install the demo without killing HALion 5 installation - which actually might not be a bad thing, but, well ....)

Any real word reports?

Thanks
best
Romantique Tp
KVRer

27 posts since 2 Nov, 2015

Postby Romantique Tp; Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:13 am Re: Steinberg HALion 6 & HALion Sonic 3

I don't use OS X but Halion 6 should be more stable. They've fixed a ton of bugs since Halion 5 was released.

wagtunes wrote:Sorry for the stupid questions but I've never done a crossgrade before. Honestly, I don't understand why one company will give you a discount on their product if you bought a product from another company.

Halion has advantages over competing products, but there's a certain amount of feature overlap that might otherwise discourage owners of these products to buy it. In this case I think it makes sense to give them a small discount.
Previous

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments