Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New

Synthmaster One?

zvenx
KVRAF

5730 posts since 16 Feb, 2005, from Kingston, Jamaica

Postby zvenx; Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:00 am Re: Synthmaster One?

kv331 wrote:................

Rating presets is trickly though. I guess it would make more sense if the ratings are collected on the server and a common "rating" is calculated for each preset ?

Surprise Surprise I have strong views on this :-)...... Ratings aren't bad if we get to choose our own ratings that we want...... Like Omnisphere and NI...... their presets come with no predesignated ratings so each user can apply their own. That system I love.
Then there is the one that Tone2, Steinberg and Alchemy did when everthing came with 3 stars.... what an annoying system......if I had hundreds of patches I had to go thru them to remove all the ratings (I still have to do that whenever steinberg has a major upgrade. It makes the system so much more ineffective..... How do I know if I have given a 3 star rating or the factory developers have? it makes my 3 stars totally useless as a search tool.

If you do allow ratings, please please PLEASE let no star be the default.
rsp
atya
KVRist

155 posts since 17 Sep, 2014, from LPGC

Postby atya; Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:28 am Re: Synthmaster One?

kv331 wrote:
Rating presets is trickly though. I guess it would make more sense if the ratings are collected on the server and a common "rating" is calculated for each preset ?

Collective ratings don't make much sense to me - YMMV. My basic idea was an option to meaningfully tag those xyz presets (and maybe waveforms & -tables, yikes) in order to keep xyz presets better organized and prioritized.
So if that would be doable anyone could add his/her own attributes according to individual needs and preferences, e.g. I could really need some project related attributes, they'd make my life with SM far more easy.
Last edited by atya on Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ah_Dziz
KVRAF

2017 posts since 2 Jul, 2005

Postby Ah_Dziz; Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:34 am Re: Synthmaster One?

Didn't want to read through all 80 ish pages to find out. Does synthmaster one have full MPE support like synthmaster does?
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.
kv331
KVRAF

5147 posts since 14 Nov, 2006, from Ankara, Turkey

Postby kv331; Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:02 am Re: Synthmaster One?

Ah_Dziz wrote:Didn't want to read through all 80 ish pages to find out. Does synthmaster one have full MPE support like synthmaster does?

They have the same code base, so yes. you should turn on "Map CC76 to CC1 setting though", under settings. Check out the demo!
Works for SynthMaster
Voted "Best VST/AU Synth" by MusicRadar readers
atya
KVRist

Postby atya; Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:52 am Re: Synthmaster One?

Here's the last one for today: I just went through some looong lists of presets in SM one and 2.9. Now, each time I'm not sure if I've already added the actual preset to my favorites I have to right-click on it to open the menu, check and do a left click on an empty area or e.g. somewhere in the upper preset window to close the menu and move on. What about giving the favorite presets a different color or using a bold font for them? Could be a real time saver, especially if you have to dig your way through hundreds of patches.
kv331
KVRAF

Postby kv331; Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:57 am Re: Synthmaster One?

atya wrote:What about giving the favorite presets a different color or using a bold font for them? Could be a real time saver, especially if you have to dig your way through hundreds of patches.

That's a good idea :tu:
Works for SynthMaster
gjvti
KVRist

77 posts since 15 Sep, 2013

Postby gjvti; Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:27 pm Re: Synthmaster One?

kv331 wrote:
atya wrote:What about giving the favorite presets a different color or using a bold font for them? Could be a real time saver, especially if you have to dig your way through hundreds of patches.

That's a good idea :tu:

I would prefer favorite presets showing up in different favorite preset bank/list so I can filter favorite and then bass or lead or whatever. Current favorite implementation is indeed limiting as that list grow out of window.
fisherKing
KVRian

1466 posts since 6 Aug, 2009

Postby fisherKing; Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:40 pm Re: Synthmaster One?

for me, the ideal would be to hide all the presets i don't like (but still keep them accessible, ie in a 'hidden' or 'unused' list). so, everything in front of me is what i'd possibly work from. not so much suggesting this, just... favorite lists never work, are still buried in clutter.
Last edited by fisherKing on Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
always one plugin short of perfection...
kv331
KVRAF

Postby kv331; Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:14 pm Re: Synthmaster One?

gjvti wrote:I would prefer favorite presets showing up in different favorite preset bank/list so I can filter favorite and then bass or lead or whatever. Current favorite implementation is indeed limiting as that list grow out of window.

When you click on the "Favorite" attribute you'll see your favorite presets.
Works for SynthMaster
reV01D
KVRer

4 posts since 31 Jan, 2017

Postby reV01D; Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:23 pm Re: Synthmaster One?

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.

@kv331 can we please get an update on the iOS release of Synthmaster One. People are getting curious about it over on the Audiobus forum: https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/1707 ... ter-one/p3 (https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/17078/synthmaster-one/p3) That includes myself. I even bought the Mac version of Synthmaster One before the discount and without cross grade to support you guys in anticipation for the iOS release. Would just love an update to know you guys are still working on a release.
braj
KVRAF

7953 posts since 4 Feb, 2004

Postby braj; Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:38 pm Re: Synthmaster One?

Feature request: I love the very flexible arp in Synthmaster One, but would it be possible to make the Arp mode polyphonic and add a 4th and or 5th key slot? This would allow much more complex arpeggiations. And I know 32 steps may be a bit much, but I'd love them too.

Thinking about it more, I can understand if this is impossible given the way you can switch between arp modes in the current design, so no big deal if my request isn't realistic 8)
gjvti
KVRist

Postby gjvti; Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:57 pm Re: Synthmaster One?

braj wrote:Feature request: I love the very flexible arp in Synthmaster One, but would it be possible to make the Arp mode polyphonic and add a 4th and or 5th key slot? This would allow much more complex arpeggiations. And I know 32 steps may be a bit much, but I'd love them too.

Thinking about it more, I can understand if this is impossible given the way you can switch between arp modes in the current design, so no big deal if my request isn't realistic 8)

If we talk about sequencer I would be happy if Bulent finds time to iron some (what I would call them) bugs first:

1) on my laptop (1280x800 screen) when programming arpeggiator only 7 from 8 steps are displayed and as window follows current step it is pretty impossible adjusting step parameters live for basic 8 step pattern (when arpeggiator/sequencer is running) as arpeggiator steps window constantly is jumping back and forth. There is also no option that window doesn't follows currents step. On desktop (1920x1080) it works fine and is usable at least with 8 and less steps, though. Perhaps it would be a good idea to reallocate arpeggiator/sequencer steps window from its current position to lower part where global settings and modulation matrix is located (when arpeggiator is active step window covers that part, otherwise it is hidden) that would allow displaying at least 16 or even more steps without scrolling.

2) It is not possible to disable or clear steps as there are only insert and delete options. If I want to make fancier rhythms the only options to play with are step length and step volume - it is kind a workaround to the problem, but I'd love to see that working appropriately - steps can be initialised/cleared (not deleted) and muted

+ while we at middle section... I would also wish to have an option to save arpeggiator and effect settings so they can be reused when programming other patches currently there is only copy/paste, what is not quite useful to me.

PS. just a side note - my priority still is any SM iOS AUv3, but apparently SM One iOS is not on the table as desktop update is postponed from November 1st to the end of November, and Bulent haven't commented does previously mentioned 'autumn' for SM One iOS was meant this year on next... Still hope and wish the best wishes for Bulent and whole Synhmaster team!
kv331
KVRAF

Postby kv331; Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:13 am Re: Synthmaster One?

gjvti wrote:PS. just a side note - my priority still is any SM iOS AUv3, but apparently SM One iOS is not on the table as desktop update is postponed from November 1st to the end of November, and Bulent haven't commented does previously mentioned 'autumn' for SM One iOS was meant this year on next... Still hope and wish the best wishes for Bulent and whole Synhmaster team!

Actually, I am going to allocate my entire December for SynthMaster One+SynthMaster One iOS/AUv3. We have to release it during NAMM 2018 :)
Works for SynthMaster
gjvti
KVRist

Postby gjvti; Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:43 am Re: Synthmaster One?

kv331 wrote:
gjvti wrote:PS. just a side note - my priority still is any SM iOS AUv3, but apparently SM One iOS is not on the table as desktop update is postponed from November 1st to the end of November, and Bulent haven't commented does previously mentioned 'autumn' for SM One iOS was meant this year on next... Still hope and wish the best wishes for Bulent and whole Synhmaster team!

Actually, I am going to allocate my entire December for SynthMaster One+SynthMaster One iOS/AUv3. We have to release it during NAMM 2018 :)

Great to know that. Thank you! :tu:
atya
KVRist

Postby atya; Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:41 am Re: Synthmaster One?

kv331 wrote:Actually, I am going to allocate my entire December for SynthMaster One+SynthMaster One iOS/AUv3.

Once you're at it ... would be nice to have the lists in the browser (author, attributes, ...) sorted alphabetically like in SM 2.9.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments