Synthmaster One?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SynthMaster One

Here is Tom from Synth Anatomy (NAMM show at the moment)

Synthmaster One is an independant Synthesizer plugin beside Synthmaster. It's kind like a Sylenth1 but with more features like
a big amount of oscillator shaping options, full step sequencer, and more ;) It will be a bargain because it sounds great. I'm beta tester since some months and it's really rocks.

This is btw only the second GUI. A really nice designed GUI is coming in the first version ;) This is a skin from satYunes ;)
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

I enjoy playing around with Synthmaster One, but absolutely can't get into Synthmaster because of the awful workflow. Also, Synthmaster One is limited, to two oscillators. :hihi: There is no option to use an oscillator as a source, although obviously the different selections for the sub oscillator (AM, FM, RM, PM) is very nice.

I will say, that the unison on each oscillator is very very nice. Huge analog sounds. :tu:

Resonance on the Ladder filter is a bit screechy when set high. :ud:
<List your stupid gear here>

4damind wrote:
Ingonator wrote:
4damind wrote:But there is also new stuff like Wavetable synthesis (not available in Synthmaster). I have not tested it yet but it looks very good and seems to be an interesting and compared to Synthmaster not so complex synth.
Synthmaster 2 has a wavetable oscillator module since long time where you could create a wavetable from up to 16 different waveforms that create a morphable wavetable in real-time. While the wave index parameter has limited steps (127 selectable waveforms + some steps between two waves) when modulated with an envelope there seem to be very smooth interpolations.
I think this is a bit different. Afaik Synthmaster One has predefined "typical" wavetable with a knob where you can walk thru the index. If understand this correctly, Bülent spoke also in the video that wavetable synthesis is something Synthmaster doesn't have right know.
Well in Synthmaster 2 you get a wavetable from up to 16 waveforms and a lot of aditional waveforms are craeted by interpolation in real-time. The fact that those are no predefined tables does not make it "wrong" while having more waveforms to create more complex tables would be nice. It still acts like a normal wavetable in practical use with a "wave index" parameter that could be modulated and a smooth interpolation betwen the waveforms. As mentioned above the wave index parameter has 127 selectable steps and also some more between them. With envelope modulation the interpolation seems to be really smooth.

In Zebra 2 wavetables are created from up to 16 waveforms too.
Last edited by Ingonator on Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

fmr wrote:
chk071 wrote:Doesn't normal Synthmaster also have 2 oscillators? Various layers though.
2 layers, each one with two oscillators and two filters (therefore, four oscillators, like Sylenth and Spire).
Can't a user just load two instances of Synthmaster One in their DAW and thus get 4xOSCs in Synthmaster One as well.

Numanoid wrote:
fmr wrote:
chk071 wrote:Doesn't normal Synthmaster also have 2 oscillators? Various layers though.
2 layers, each one with two oscillators and two filters (therefore, four oscillators, like Sylenth and Spire).
Can't a user just load two instances of Synthmaster One in their DAW and thus get 4xOSCs in Synthmaster One as well.
How would you be able to route these 4 oscillators into one instance's filter(s)? Or use shared envelopes, or LFO's?

chk071 wrote: How would you be able to route these 4 oscillators into one instance's filter(s)? Or use shared envelopes, or LFO's?
Not to mention sharing 4 Osc patches might be a bit awkward :)

I hope development doesn't grind to a halt on Synthmaster 3.

nm
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

chk071 wrote:How would you be able to route these 4 oscillators into one instance's filter(s)? Or use shared envelopes, or LFO's?
The filters in Synthmaster 2 are also separated in two layers.

The layers are joined when adding LFO and FX

If Synthmaster Three has multiple layers, but keeps the single page layout, with added functionality, then it will a winner.
<List your stupid gear here>

Ingonator wrote:
4damind wrote:
Ingonator wrote:
4damind wrote:But there is also new stuff like Wavetable synthesis (not available in Synthmaster). I have not tested it yet but it looks very good and seems to be an interesting and compared to Synthmaster not so complex synth.
Synthmaster 2 has a wavetable oscillator module since long time where you could create a wavetable from up to 16 different waveforms that create a morphable wavetable in real-time. While the wave index parameter has limited steps (127 selectable waveforms + some steps between two waves) when modulated with an envelope there seem to be very smooth interpolations.
I think this is a bit different. Afaik Synthmaster One has predefined "typical" wavetable with a knob where you can walk thru the index. If understand this correctly, Bülent spoke also in the video that wavetable synthesis is something Synthmaster doesn't have right know.
Well in Synthmaster 2 you get a wavetable from up to 16 waveforms and a lot of aditional waveforms are craeted by interpolation in real-time. The fact that those are no predefined tables does not make it "wrong" while having more waveforms to create more complex tables would be nice. It still acts like a normal wavetable in practical use with a "wave index" parameter that could be modulated and a smooth interpolation betwen the waveforms. As mentioned above the wave index parameter has 127 selectable steps and also some more between them. With envelope modulation the interpolation seems to be really smooth.

In Zebra 2 wavetables are created from up to 16 waveforms too.
Both are right and both not completely right. Dynamic wavetable scanning synthesis implies a wavetable which the oscillator scans. Interpolation, AFAIK wasn't even present in PPG Wave 2, and was only added later (not sure, but I think only in the Microwave someone correct me if I'm wrong). OTOH, wavetables, even on the PPG, already had 64 waves (although technically only 60, since the last four in ANY wavetable are the common four synth waves: triangle, pulse, square, saw).

Synthmaster wavetable, as described in the manual: "Wavetable oscillator is similar to basic oscillator, except that the waveform can be scanned (interpolated) in between 16 different waveforms shapes. The position of the wavefrom can be adjusted using the "wave index" parameter.

While it is indeed wavetable, it is somehow limited by the amount of waves from where it interpolates, and is always an interpolated wavetable. Different from what we have in Serum or Icarus or Nave, for example, and more similar to what we have in Zebra.

My 2 cents.
Fernando (FMR)

Nice GUI. I hope the sound is not so thin as I remembered from my synthmaster version.

I think this version of synthmaster is a success. I'm really liking it so far. Things get a little loud rather quickly and spikes through the roof though. Is there a limiter? Right click assign to modulation needs added too!
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Something I miss (but also with Synthmaster):
The small ring around a knob which indicates a modulation target is only visible if the modulation source is selected? This should be permanently visible but with a different color to indicate that this parameter is attached to a modulation source.

Btw... this satYunes skin is only available for "Synthmaster One"? It would be nice to have it also for Synthmaster 8)

4damind wrote: Btw... this satYunes skin is only available for "Synthmaster One"? It would be nice to have it also for Synthmaster 8)
Last version of Synthmaster also has a similarly styled skin from satYunes
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:
4damind wrote: Btw... this satYunes skin is only available for "Synthmaster One"? It would be nice to have it also for Synthmaster 8)
Last version of Synthmaster also has a similarly styled skin from satYunes
This Tranquil Blue Skin? Hmm...

Return to “Instruments”