Synthmaster One?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SynthMaster One

ProducerHookUp wrote:Yes, there's A LOT of HYPE going on about this VST. Haven't tried it yet, but I will be getting it soon. What do ya'll think about it?
I use it alongside Serum - and it compliments Serum's generally brash and digital sound (IMO) really well. Great sound with warmth and grit when you need it.

Latest version has bigger window than GUI when initially loaded in Logic Express 9.1.8 i.e. extra grey space below and to right... Close and open and all is good...

What/how can you use other -> constant for in mod matrix? Is there a way to construct a macro for external automation even if there is no gui (knobs) for one?

I can't seem to figure out how to tune the oscillators once key tracking is disabled. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Mike
Just a touch of EQ and a tickle of compression

It indeed seems as if any pitch modulation (constant, aftertouch, LFO) is disabled when tracking is set to 0.

Thanks FLWrd! It makes making drums user unfriendly. Envelope retriggering and mono/legato settings seem to have a mind of their own at times, too.
Just a touch of EQ and a tickle of compression

I just downloaded the demo and i have mixed feelings about this.

- It sometimes looses notes and when dialing controls with the mouse feels sketchy, not smooth.

- I also would like to be able to choose the waveforms with a midi message.

- Same goes for mod matrix elements (to be able to choose source, via, and targets with a midi message so i dont have to use the mouse and do everything from my custom midi controler)

- I also think that the interface is well too cramped, lettering is very small, and the knob indicators are too small. I honestly think the gui could use some redesign to make it easier to read. Look up at something like massive.

- The effects are so low quality that you could just do away with them, or give an option to hide them from the interface. Actually it would be awesome if you did it where one could design your own interface like diva so we could customize it ad nauseum. I personally would get rid of the effects, the second mod env, second amp env and probably half of the mod matrix slots.

- Preset management could be simplified, just do it like synth1, one file per preset in a folder and point the plugin to that folder where subfolders are soundsets and be done.

- Why did you not allow for full exp to logaritmic envelopes for ADR? I honestly see no reason to cap them at half. And honestly it would improve the versatility a whole lot more!

- Whats the point of having to click on the titlebar of mod env, amp, lfo to show their current amount applied? Why not do something like Massive, with color coded indicators? or just do away with it? i mean it its curren state is not really useful IMHO.

Dont get me wrong, im probably being harsh, but I REALLY WANT TO BUY THIS! THE SOUND IS INCREDIBLE! its just that the current state of afairs feels to be lacking these things.

My ideas are open to discussion so if anybody has a different opinion or argument against them id love to hear.

100F wrote: - I also think that the interface is well too cramped, lettering is very small, and the knob indicators are too small. I honestly think the gui could use some redesign to make it easier to read. Look up at something like massive.
Looks like you haven't been aware of our larger UIs at 120% and 140% resolution ? Right click, and change the global skin.
100F wrote: - Preset management could be simplified, just do it like synth1, one file per preset in a folder and point the plugin to that folder where subfolders are soundsets and be done.
SM1/SM already saves presets as files. But with SM1 we released the factory presets as a single bank file.
100F wrote:- Whats the point of having to click on the titlebar of mod env, amp, lfo to show their current amount applied? Why not do something like Massive, with color coded indicators? or just do away with it? i mean it its curren state is not really useful IMHO.
Because in that case we'd have to introduce many rings around each knob and that'd increase the UI size.
We have 1 ring around each knob and when you click on the modulation source target knobs are redrawn with rings indicating the modulation amounts.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

kv331 wrote: Looks like you haven't been aware of our larger UIs at 120% and 140% resolution ? Right click, and change the global skin.
I didnt say the gui is too small, i said its cramped and the indicator in the knobs is hard to read. attached to this message is a quick rendition of what i think it should be like. something easier to read, compare.
kv331 wrote: SM1/SM already saves presets as files. But with SM1 we released the factory presets as a single bank file.
How do i program it to store files in a given directory?
kv331 wrote: Because in that case we'd have to introduce many rings around each knob and that'd increase the UI size.
We have 1 ring around each knob and when you click on the modulation source target knobs are redrawn with rings indicating the modulation amounts.
Thats something that i understand, but the current implementation does a terrible service at it.

I have tested the other guis, and they all suffer the same problem.

I havent done much graphic work in the last years, but if youre interested i could probably sketch something that incorporates these few ideas in an easier to read form. maybe you like it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Also, the routing diagram is just absurd, is not intuitive, the drawings arent even labeled. You could probably just do away with it.

I love the routing diagram, can certainly be improved upon, but definitely needs to be there, important for sound design to know what is going on

I bought Synthmaster One and I love it. Such a great, warm and musical synth.

Taurus wrote:I bought Synthmaster One and I love it. Such a great, warm and musical synth.
+1 :tu:

Really like this synth! :tu:
And I made mod for GUI knobs. Let me know if You like it I will share it here.

Thats def an improvement!

Return to “Instruments”