Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
This forum is sponsored by
Bass Master from Loopmasters

Heavy, speaker-shaking tones are just a few clicks away with Bass Master. This synth is totally dedicated to bass, and it's built on Loopmasters' award-winning sonic history.

Whether you are making House, Techno, Drum and Bass, Trap, Hip Hop or other electronic music styles, Bass Master's huge variety of source sounds provide the inspiration for a weighty, powerful bass tone.

Read more at www.pluginboutique.com
User avatar
mgw38
KVRian
 
943 posts since 26 Jul, 2015, from Philadelphia

Postby mgw38; Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:44 am Re: Sonic Academy new synth!

Iva wrote:OSX 10.12.6
MacBook Pro 15 touchbar late 2016, Cubase 9.5.1, ANA 2.0.7b - January 12 - 2018


Same annoying problem.

OSX 10.13.2, MacBook Pro 13 touchbar late 2016, Ableton Live 9 and 10 Beta, ANA 2.0.3

Will try ANA 2.0.7b later tonight.
User avatar
wagtunes
KVRAF
 
12397 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Postby wagtunes; Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:58 am Re: Sonic Academy new synth!

I haven't said anything up to now but there is a dangerous bug that needs to be taken care of. It concerns the size parameter of the reverb.

At first I thought it was caused by moving it and playing notes at the same time. Then I thought it was from turning it to far to the right.

Just now it happened when I wasn't playing any notes and the slider was just mid way.

The bug is a crashing sound that continues on and on and doesn't stop. It is nearly deafening.

I can't believe something this obvious wasn't spotted.

It's gotten to the point where I don't dare touch that parameter anymore unless I've got the volume of my monitor turned all the way off. Then I bring it up slowly. If I hear the sound, I have to take the output slider and turn it all the way down for several seconds until it eventually stops.
bryansonic
KVRist
 
75 posts since 6 Oct, 2010

Postby bryansonic; Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:01 am Re: Sonic Academy new synth!

wagtunes wrote:I haven't said anything up to now but there is a dangerous bug that needs to be taken care of. It concerns the size parameter of the reverb.

Which reverb unit?

wagtunes wrote:I can't believe something this obvious wasn't spotted.

We've not experienced nor had a report of this behaviour before

If you can let me know what version you are using / which patch its happening on / and steps to recreate it if possible ?

also are you on the AU or VST and what DAW / DAW version and OS Version.
User avatar
wagtunes
KVRAF
 
12397 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Postby wagtunes; Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:11 am Re: Sonic Academy new synth!

bryansonic wrote:
wagtunes wrote:I haven't said anything up to now but there is a dangerous bug that needs to be taken care of. It concerns the size parameter of the reverb.

Which reverb unit?

wagtunes wrote:I can't believe something this obvious wasn't spotted.

We've not experienced nor had a report of this behaviour before

If you can let me know what version you are using / which patch its happening on / and steps to recreate it if possible ?

also are you on the AU or VST and what DAW / DAW version and OS Version.


It's the default plate send all the way on the far right. Doesn't matter what patch. Just move the size dial to the right and eventually it'll trigger if you're not careful. If you want to definitely trigger it, move it quickly and as far right as you can. That'll do it.

I'm on Windows 7 64 bit using Cubase 7. But it also does this on MuLab 6 as well. I don't think the DAW matters.

I'm on version 2.0.3 because 2.0.4 was recalled back and I haven't updated to 2.0.7 yet because of the new problems reported with that version. And since this is something you've never looked into, I'm sure it's a bug on all versions. Just pull of 2.0.7 and play with that size dial and you'll trigger it. But keep the sound down low because the noise is deafening.
User avatar
jasonwoodman
KVRist
 
30 posts since 10 Mar, 2015, from UK

Postby jasonwoodman; Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:49 am Re: Sonic Academy new synth!

Solved..
User avatar
exmatproton
KVRAF
 
2032 posts since 24 Apr, 2011

Postby exmatproton; Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:46 am Re: Sonic Academy new synth!

wagtunes wrote:
bryansonic wrote:
wagtunes wrote:I haven't said anything up to now but there is a dangerous bug that needs to be taken care of. It concerns the size parameter of the reverb.

Which reverb unit?

wagtunes wrote:I can't believe something this obvious wasn't spotted.

We've not experienced nor had a report of this behaviour before

If you can let me know what version you are using / which patch its happening on / and steps to recreate it if possible ?

also are you on the AU or VST and what DAW / DAW version and OS Version.


It's the default plate send all the way on the far right. Doesn't matter what patch. Just move the size dial to the right and eventually it'll trigger if you're not careful. If you want to definitely trigger it, move it quickly and as far right as you can. That'll do it.


No such issue (win10, x64, vst2, latest beta of ana2) after trying moving the dial (on the send Plate and Hall reverb) for 5 minutes
User avatar
wagtunes
KVRAF
 
12397 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Postby wagtunes; Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:41 am Re: Sonic Academy new synth!

exmatproton wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
bryansonic wrote:
wagtunes wrote:I haven't said anything up to now but there is a dangerous bug that needs to be taken care of. It concerns the size parameter of the reverb.

Which reverb unit?

wagtunes wrote:I can't believe something this obvious wasn't spotted.

We've not experienced nor had a report of this behaviour before

If you can let me know what version you are using / which patch its happening on / and steps to recreate it if possible ?

also are you on the AU or VST and what DAW / DAW version and OS Version.


It's the default plate send all the way on the far right. Doesn't matter what patch. Just move the size dial to the right and eventually it'll trigger if you're not careful. If you want to definitely trigger it, move it quickly and as far right as you can. That'll do it.


No such issue (win10, x64, vst2, latest beta of ana2) after trying moving the dial (on the send Plate and Hall reverb) for 5 minutes


Well, it figures I would have a bug that nobody else is going to have.

Guess I'm just going to have to be careful when programming this thing and keep myself aware of it.
bryansonic
KVRist
 
75 posts since 6 Oct, 2010

Postby bryansonic; Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:01 am Re: Sonic Academy new synth!

wagtunes wrote:
exmatproton wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
bryansonic wrote:
wagtunes wrote:I haven't said anything up to now but there is a dangerous bug that needs to be taken care of. It concerns the size parameter of the reverb.

Which reverb unit?

wagtunes wrote:I can't believe something this obvious wasn't spotted.

We've not experienced nor had a report of this behaviour before

If you can let me know what version you are using / which patch its happening on / and steps to recreate it if possible ?

also are you on the AU or VST and what DAW / DAW version and OS Version.


It's the default plate send all the way on the far right. Doesn't matter what patch. Just move the size dial to the right and eventually it'll trigger if you're not careful. If you want to definitely trigger it, move it quickly and as far right as you can. That'll do it.


No such issue (win10, x64, vst2, latest beta of ana2) after trying moving the dial (on the send Plate and Hall reverb) for 5 minutes


Well, it figures I would have a bug that nobody else is going to have.

Guess I'm just going to have to be careful when programming this thing and keep myself aware of it.


very weird yeh, i have tested on OSX with Ableton Live and also on Windows 7 x64 with Cubase 9.5 and am unable to reproduce the error on any version of ANA 2 so far

Have you tried the .0.7b?
User avatar
wagtunes
KVRAF
 
12397 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Postby wagtunes; Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:34 am Re: Sonic Academy new synth!

bryansonic wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
exmatproton wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
bryansonic wrote:
wagtunes wrote:I haven't said anything up to now but there is a dangerous bug that needs to be taken care of. It concerns the size parameter of the reverb.

Which reverb unit?

wagtunes wrote:I can't believe something this obvious wasn't spotted.

We've not experienced nor had a report of this behaviour before

If you can let me know what version you are using / which patch its happening on / and steps to recreate it if possible ?

also are you on the AU or VST and what DAW / DAW version and OS Version.


It's the default plate send all the way on the far right. Doesn't matter what patch. Just move the size dial to the right and eventually it'll trigger if you're not careful. If you want to definitely trigger it, move it quickly and as far right as you can. That'll do it.


No such issue (win10, x64, vst2, latest beta of ana2) after trying moving the dial (on the send Plate and Hall reverb) for 5 minutes


Well, it figures I would have a bug that nobody else is going to have.

Guess I'm just going to have to be careful when programming this thing and keep myself aware of it.


very weird yeh, i have tested on OSX with Ableton Live and also on Windows 7 x64 with Cubase 9.5 and am unable to reproduce the error on any version of ANA 2 so far

Have you tried the .0.7b?


I've stayed away from it because it's still technically in beta. Once it's an official release, I'll download it.
emef
KVRist
 
465 posts since 4 Jun, 2001

Postby emef; Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:15 am Re: Sonic Academy new synth!

hey Sonic Academy, hope you see this
i've been trying to transfer my ana 1 and ana 2 licenses to another user for over a week
i've emailed you several times, i've had one reply from sonic academy, but no details to take forward the license transfer
i've already been paid for the transfer by another user here on KVR
it'd be great if you could pm me here and get this transfer moving

cheers Michael
User avatar
nevis
KVRist
 
106 posts since 17 Dec, 2016, from Germany

Postby nevis; Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:23 am Re: Sonic Academy new synth!

There has been a new beta V2.0.8 released end of last week.

Here's the copy/paste change log, straight out of their email they sent:

v2.0.8b
- Fixed further issues with VST not recalling save data properly
- Fixed CMD Preset lock issues
- Fixed issue with duplicating tracks in Cubase / FL Studio
- Fixed inconsistent note starts when using EMS Filter
- Limiters now forced to use 0ms lookahead - causing audio dropouts on preset navigation in Cubase
- Fixed LFO dot not tracking phase offset
- Multi Limiter now uses Soft Clipping
- Fixed VST Program name issues when GUI is closed
- Fixed note hang issue with CMD on / Mono on / Arp off combo


v2.0.7b
- Fixed issue where VST was not recalling save data properly
emef
KVRist
 
465 posts since 4 Jun, 2001

Postby emef; Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:07 pm Re: Sonic Academy new synth!

bigups sonic academy, still no license transfer, some email contact, then nothing, the worst company by miles i have had to deal with for license transfers
thanks for nothing sonic academy
sircuit
KVRist
 
442 posts since 15 Jul, 2016

Postby sircuit; Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:22 am Re: Sonic Academy new synth!

wagtunes wrote:I've stayed away from it because it's still technically in beta. Once it's an official release, I'll download it.


As the latest "stable" release is still 2.0.3 while beta is at 2.0.7 (normally the stable version is one point behind the beta so it should be at 2.0.6) it is safe to assume that the next stable release will be 2.1.0. It's probably for the best to test and then keep one of the beta updates that works best on your configuration, especially if you develop commercial banks.
 MacBook Pro Quad-Core _ macOS High Sierra __ ♫ Logic Pro X
User avatar
wagtunes
KVRAF
 
12397 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Postby wagtunes; Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:40 am Re: Sonic Academy new synth!

sircuit wrote:
wagtunes wrote:I've stayed away from it because it's still technically in beta. Once it's an official release, I'll download it.


As the latest "stable" release is still 2.0.3 while beta is at 2.0.7 (normally the stable version is one point behind the beta so it should be at 2.0.6) it is safe to assume that the next stable release will be 2.1.0. It's probably for the best to test and then keep one of the beta updates that works best on your configuration, especially if you develop commercial banks.


Well, I'm currently using 2.0.3 here but am holding off releasing my set (which is done) until we have something at least fairly stable. Right now, I'm shooting for June.
Phil Sonic Academy
KVRist
 
465 posts since 9 Aug, 2006

Postby Phil Sonic Academy; Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:42 pm Re: Sonic Academy new synth!

I’d say for most people 2.0.8 should be the most stable.. most of the work we did was fixing stability and cpu issues...

It’s still beta until we get feedback that it’s cool for all users. But I’d recommend giving it a try especially if you have any slow down or cpu spikes with previous builds.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments