Sonic Academy new synth!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ANA ANA 2 The Earth & Moon Expansion

One other thing. The price of ANA 1 has come down considerably since I got it. I paid $80 for ANA 1. So getting it right now, you're already saving $15 off the price from 2014.

So even if the upgrade cost was $59. That's still $139 for anybody who bought the synth back then. For the upgrade to be any kind of value for those people, the price of the synth would have to be at least $159 to $169. At $149 I'm saving what, a whole $10?

Yeah, those who jump on ANA 1 now will probably make out a lot better than those who bought it years ago. But in order for the upgrade to appeal to old customers, the cost would either have to be ridiculously small or the price of the synth would have to be high.

I could keep crunching numbers and probably come up with a model that would make everybody happy (old and new customers) but for what purpose? It's out of my control. I'm sure the upgrade and regular prices have already been set. So I'll just wait to find out if I'm going to be happy or disappointed.

There won’t be an upgrade price per say.. it will be a discount based on what you paid for Ana 1...

Unfortunately we only have Ana 1 purchase data back to to feb 2016 when we changed the website.

So if you paid £40 for Ana after feb 2016 you get a voucher for £40 etc.

Before then it will be £35 for everyone.

Phil Sonic Academy wrote:There won’t be an upgrade price per say.. it will be a discount based on what you paid for Ana 1...

Unfortunately we only have Ana 1 purchase data back to to feb 2016 when we changed the website.

So in other words, those who paid MORE for ANA (Because the price HAS come down) get less of a voucher than those who paid less for it.

That is SOOOOO messed up. LOL.

Whatever.

No biggie. The synth is basically free considering the value

borealfarmer wrote:No biggie. The synth is basically free considering the value
Where do you come up with the synth being free? What kind of math did YOU learn in school?

wagtunes wrote:
Phil Sonic Academy wrote:There won’t be an upgrade price per say.. it will be a discount based on what you paid for Ana 1...

So in other words, those who paid MORE for ANA (Because the price HAS come down) get less of a voucher than those who paid less for it.

Whatever.

If you promise to stop repeating yourself I'll paypal you the difference.

wagtunes wrote:

Whatever.
The price has always been £49 (£29 for subscbers) unless it’s in a sale.

We can’t obviously control currency fluctuations that might increase or decrease the price where you are... you would need to speak to Theresa may or Donald trump maybe to sort that out :shrug:

Well, if the synth is really good, who cares about those 5 pounds...
To me buying that synth would be a long-term investment. And I will only pay if the demo version is better than Sylenth1 in every way. I won't spend any money on a compromise. So, I am looking forward to testing the shit out of the demo version :hihi:
Last edited by fluffy_little_something on Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

As far as I can recall ANA1 has always been £49 (or £29 if you subscribed to some academy program). Any change in price is probably just due to exchange rates.

michaelbrac wrote:whats the average of ana 2 from other wavetable synths
I am not a wavetable-expert, but for me its the easy to use. There is everything on one nice well designed gui. And the chord memory device is big. And a nice arpeggiator. Nice sounding filters. The only bad thing is that i have to upgrade my PC to get the full range. An old 2Core Intel.
Was Große tun, beschwatzen gern die Kleinen.

Okay, I just did a little calculating. This is TOTALLY messed up.

On December 29th 2014, I paid 49.99 pounds which came out to $79.63 US currency.

So I'm losing 15 pounds of credit because I bought this synth when it was more expensive.

If the price of the synth is say, $149 and I get 35 pounds credit, which today translates to about $45, that means I'll have to pay $105 for ANA 2 which would make my total expenditure for ANA 1 and 2 about $185.

Conversely, if you buy the synth right now and spend $65 and get a voucher for 40 pounds which translates to $52 and the synth costs $149, you'll be paying $97 for ANA 2 and a total of $162 for both ANA 1 and 2. That's a savings of $23 over those of us who bought the synth in 2014.

But I'm not upset. FML.

db3 wrote:As far as I can recall ANA1 has always been £49 (or £29 if you subscribed to some academy program). Any change in price is probably just due to exchange rates.
My receipt clearly says 49.99 British Pounds.

wagtunes wrote:Okay, I just did a little calculating. This is TOTALLY messed up.

On December 29th 2014, I paid 49.99 pounds which came out to $79.63 US currency.

So I'm losing 15 pounds of credit because I bought this synth when it was more expensive.

If the price of the synth is say, $149 and I get 35 pounds credit, which today translates to about $45, that means I'll have to pay $105 for ANA 2 which would make my total expenditure for ANA 1 and 2 about $185.

Conversely, if you buy the synth right now and spend $65 and get a voucher for 40 pounds which translates to $52 and the synth costs $149, you'll be paying $97 for ANA 2 and a total of $162 for both ANA 1 and 2. That's a savings of $23 over those of us who bought the synth in 2014.

But I'm not upset. FML.
I think the flaw in your calculations is that you think in dollars. Since it is a British developer, the dollar price is irrelevant, it is simply derived from the pound price based on the exchange rate at any time. It is simply bad luck for you, people in other parts of the world might benefit from the current exchange rate.

Unlike Americans we Europeans have to pay VAT, so stop whining :wink:

fluffy_little_something wrote:
wagtunes wrote:Okay, I just did a little calculating. This is TOTALLY messed up.

But I'm not upset. FML.
I think the flaw in your calculations is that you think in dollars. Since it is a British developer, the dollar price is irrelevant, it is simply derived from the pound price based on the exchange rate at any time. It is simply bad luck for you, people in other parts of the world might benefit from the current exchange rate.
Which is why I don't normally buy products from foreign companies unless they have a dollar price on their products. Some actually do for US customers. In fact, they'll show 2 prices on their sales page.

But, you live and learn.

Still going to buy this in spite of all this because I'm going to make a library for it and make a shit load of money from selling it.

wagtunes wrote:
borealfarmer wrote:No biggie. The synth is basically free considering the value
Where do you come up with the synth being free? What kind of math did YOU learn in school?
borealfarmer is a spam account. Joined today and already 35 posts on random topics. Can we get a mod over here?
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Return to “Instruments”