PRODUCTS
ANA ANA 2 The Earth & Moon Expansion

Mace404 wrote:
Phil Sonic Academy wrote:
ATS wrote:
You bought it second hand tho?
yes but why am i penalized for that?
We are basing the vouchers on what the user paid us for their copy of ANA 1. you paid us £10 license transfer fee.
Wait, so anyone who bought ANA trough a reseller or second hand won't get an upgrade deal?
We don't use any resellers.. if you bought it second hand you get what you paid us which is the License Transfer Fee... that's all we have on record so the only thing to base the voucher code price on.

anoise wrote:Hard decision between ANA 2 (intro price but no demo yet) or Rapid (on sale)... :help:
Its only got 8 Unison Voices we have 9 ;)

Phil Sonic Academy wrote: We don't use any resellers.. if you bought it second hand you get what you paid us which is the License Transfer Fee... that's all we have on record so the only thing to base the voucher code price on.
Hold on, didn't the original owner paid you for the license in full?

Mace404 wrote:
Wait, so anyone who bought ANA trough a reseller or second hand won't get an upgrade deal?
We don't use any resellers.. if you bought it second hand you get what you paid us which is the License Transfer Fee... that's all we have on record so the only thing to base the voucher code price on.
I dont' get the logic.

A user buys second hand to save money.
You don't give that user a voucher, you think that same user will pay full price instead?
No, he will wait for a sale or buys second hand again.
In case of second hand: That leaves you with only that transfer fee again.
I may be wrong but that's less money generated than giving that voucher to the second hand buyer.
You tickle impulse buying GAS :clown: and you still have that second hand transfer fee from the one selling his ANA - that doesn't change. You just made a second hand buyer a 'new' buyer and probably gain another second hand buyer.

And what greedy.mf mentions:
Hold on, didn't the original owner paid you for the license in full?
Since the new owner isn't getting the voucher - the old owner is? (Who sold his ANA so probably isn't interested)
Last edited by Mace404 on Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

anoise wrote:Hard decision between ANA 2 (intro price but no demo yet) or Rapid (on sale)... :help:
Not sure if it helps, but Rapid looks horrible, almost makes my eyes bleed. Didn't even bother with demo.
For me to buy it with that UI it should write Top 10 tracks by itself.

ANA 2 comparing to Rapid is a looker.
Sounds OK on demo.

Question to Sonic Academy representative:
What is the 2nd hand policy? Can it be resold?

:lol: It looks and sounds great (from the YT videos) :clap:
greedy.mf wrote: Not sure if it helps, but Rapid looks horrible, almost makes my eyes bleed.
I read that it will get a new UI/Skin with different colors and so on.
I really need a demo to decide though. I like how ANA 2 sounds from the few videos but it's not enough.

ana 2 has no demo and phil ignores me because it is crap to maybe end the sale price before the demo arrives
you may NOT resell rapid!

Get ana 2 then.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

Caine123 wrote:ana 2 has no demo and phil ignores me because it is crap to maybe end the sale price before the demo arrives
you may NOT resell rapid!

Get ana 2 then.
Lol im not ignoring anyone... we said we would get the Demo out as soon as we can. It will be out before the offer expires.

This is great news - thanks once again, Phil! And btw, the sounds in your demos doesn't sound bad at all! :)

egbert101 wrote: Rapid has eight layers. Not sure why anyone would need eight
Very useful when doing "stacks" of sounds or movie-ish sound design, or drones. Also it can route audio from a layer to another in a manner of send/return busses. It really lets you go crazy (and CPU-friendly - I can have close to 1200 voices before it eats my whole CPU). As Avenger & Rapid owner I'm really looking for enough reasons to buy ANA2 before the sale ends. Hopwfully I will :)

i have Rapid and i love it,
Ana2 can loop and modulate the loop point in the sampler section, the filters are really nice, and you have a lot of differents type, and the big plus is the fast modulation, i think the lfo go to 200hz-perhaps more, i don"t have the plug in front of me-, it's not so 'high' but the result is very good.
you can modulate the phase of an osc, the pwm, the sync, the filter.....
the chord and the arp are very well design, and the cpu is low too.

kokotte wrote: Ana2 can loop and modulate the loop point in the sampler section
Questions for Phil:

1. can ANA2 load samples via drag & drop in a sampler slot? I am thinking for one-shots (be they synth or drum hits). Adding them to ANA's library first, then to sampler is something I try to avoid - annoyingly most of the new synths with sample capabilities want to add to their own library the new samples and the result is bloated folders on the hardd rive with duplicate one-shots.

2. only if first is true, it is feasible to implement in the future a "slicer" - like dropping a 1-bar loop into a sampler module then having either the possibility to trigger the slices via keyboard, independently (slices detection via transient sensibility and/or manual input of number of slices and position), either the possibility to play them with a long midi note in sync with the daws bpm?

garryknight wrote:Big problem for some of us, Phil. This is what ANA 2.0 looks like on my Microsoft Surface Pro 3

It's in Studio One 3.5 but I doubt that makes a difference. It's because the Surface Pro 3 runs in hi-res mode. It looks fine on my Windows PC.
WOW WTF!...

is it like that for all sizes? can you even get into settings to change sizes?

What is the screen resolution of the surface pro 3?

I'm having the same problem on my 28" 4k monitor in Bitwig.
The only way to fix it is set my Windows 10 display scaling to 100% or 200% and matching those settings in Bitwig. I usually run in 150% scaling. Running at 200% everything pixelated & blurry and at 100% everything is painfully small.

Other than that. Its a great synth.
Last edited by Electrobop on Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sircuit wrote: 1. can ANA2 load samples via drag & drop in a sampler slot? I am thinking for one-shots (be they synth or drum hits). Adding them to ANA's library first, then to sampler is something I try to avoid - annoyingly most of the new synths with sample capabilities want to add to their own library the new samples and the result is bloated folders on the hardd rive with duplicate one-shots.
Yep it got drag and drop - or you can navigate to an external location
sircuit wrote: 2. only if first is true, it is feasible to implement in the future a "slicer" - like dropping a 1-bar loop into a sampler module then having either the possibility to trigger the slices via keyboard, independently (slices detection via transient sensibility and/or manual input of number of slices and position), either the possibility to play them with a long midi note in sync with the daws bpm?
We've got lots of ideas to expand on the sampler area - not sure which of them will be implemented first but will certainly note is as a request

Return to “Instruments”