Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New#KVRDeals

Sonic Academy new synth!

cb8rwh
KVRist
 
300 posts since 25 Apr, 2005

Postby cb8rwh; Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:21 pm Re: Sonic Academy new synth!

Yeah I also get the jumbled text, but only when I don't use the default 100% size - well the larger sizes produce it, I haven't used the smaller one.
bryansonic
KVRist
 
69 posts since 6 Oct, 2010

Postby bryansonic; Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:12 am Re: Sonic Academy new synth!

the text issue is resolved - we are trying to fix a few other bugs right now rather than releasing a small update -

i HOPE this will be available today - as well as a demo
User avatar
exmatproton
KVRAF
 
1935 posts since 24 Apr, 2011

Postby exmatproton; Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:16 am Re: Sonic Academy new synth!

bryansonic wrote:the text issue is resolved - we are trying to fix a few other bugs right now rather than releasing a small update -

i HOPE this will be available today - as well as a demo


:tu: :hyper:
cb8rwh
KVRist
 
300 posts since 25 Apr, 2005

Postby cb8rwh; Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:16 am Re: Sonic Academy new synth!

Thanks for the update Bryan.
iHartBeats
KVRist
 
44 posts since 12 May, 2012, from Canada

Postby iHartBeats; Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:34 pm Re: Sonic Academy new synth!

cb8rwh wrote:Yeah I also get the jumbled text, but only when I don't use the default 100% size - well the larger sizes produce it, I haven't used the smaller one.


Good point... I'm running it at 125%.

But it sounds like a fix is en route.... GJ Bryan.
sircuit
KVRist
 
261 posts since 15 Jul, 2016

Postby sircuit; Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:56 pm Re: Sonic Academy new synth!

bryansonic wrote:the text issue is resolved - we are trying to fix a few other bugs right now rather than releasing a small update -

i HOPE this will be available today - as well as a demo


Can you please add these on your to do list if you find them reasonable?

- Presets browser: full navigation with all 4 arrow keys, at the moment just up&down are used. Left & Right arrows can be used to nicely navigate horizontally. (And maybe you can implement audio preview for each preset while browsing them with up & down keys).
- Same proposal for sound sources browser: use the L&R arrows for horizontal navigation and sound source preview when browsing with the arrows up & down on the lists.

- For all functions that open “pop-up” windows (sound sources browser, all the popups from the central display): let me close the pop-up with right click anywhere in the unused space, or at least by right clicking anywhere the header of the pop-up, not just the “X” in top corner (all except the presets browser - as this one has some functions assigned to the right click) - this gives a way faster work flow.
- Logic Pro X would probably benefit of 115% and 140% scaling values otherwise the synth never quite fits the screen (15” macbook pro screen, all resolutions)
 MacBook Pro Quad-Core _ macOS High Sierra __ ♫ Logic Pro X
User avatar
Synthman2000
KVRist
 
374 posts since 27 Apr, 2016

Postby Synthman2000; Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:09 am Re: Sonic Academy new synth!

Regarding saving presets. I make my own sounds mainly so if I had made a sound and wish to save it (I normally do this in a folder of my choosing on the C drive with sub folders of synth names which I back up on another drive at end of each month)

And if I modified an existing sound. Does the original preset get changed as well etc ?

How would I best go about this, I did not find the manual very clear on saving your own or modified sounds ?

Thanks for your input.
Target In Flesh
KVRer
 
14 posts since 2 Dec, 2017

Postby Target In Flesh; Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:16 am Re: Sonic Academy new synth!

I am really hoping for a demo. I am worried about performance issues on my slightly old laptop.
Can anyone who owns ana 2 let me know how gentle it is on the cpu?
garryknight
KVRian
 
1029 posts since 6 Jan, 2015, from London, England

Postby garryknight; Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:24 am Re: Sonic Academy new synth!

Phil, any chance you could do a video on the FX section? I noticed from one of your sound design videos that there's a multi-limiter, and exploration shows a whole host of stuff including a built-in sidekick (!) and something called a samoflange. Also, it's not obvious from looking at it how the inline effects and sends routing works.

I guess it's all going to be in the manual (is that complete yet?) but a) some of us learn better from videos, and b) I'm too lazy to think of a b). :wink:
Phil Sonic Academy
KVRist
 
450 posts since 9 Aug, 2006

Postby Phil Sonic Academy; Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:48 am Re: Sonic Academy new synth!

garryknight wrote:Phil, any chance you could do a video on the FX section? I noticed from one of your sound design videos that there's a multi-limiter, and exploration shows a whole host of stuff including a built-in sidekick (!) and something called a samoflange. Also, it's not obvious from looking at it how the inline effects and sends routing works.

I guess it's all going to be in the manual (is that complete yet?) but a) some of us learn better from videos, and b) I'm too lazy to think of a b). :wink:


Yeah I’ll be doing another bunch of videos this week... will Defo look at the FX
[https://www.sonicacademy.com/products/ana-2]Sonic Academy ANA[/url]
Sonic Academy Kick
garryknight
KVRian
 
1029 posts since 6 Jan, 2015, from London, England

Postby garryknight; Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:37 pm Re: Sonic Academy new synth!

Thanks, Phil :)
User avatar
nevis
KVRist
 
54 posts since 17 Dec, 2016, from Germany

Postby nevis; Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:07 pm Re: Sonic Academy new synth!

bryansonic wrote:i HOPE this will be available today - as well as a demo


So was it released then?
iHartBeats
KVRist
 
44 posts since 12 May, 2012, from Canada

Postby iHartBeats; Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:06 pm Re: Sonic Academy new synth!

nevis wrote:
bryansonic wrote:i HOPE this will be available today - as well as a demo


So was it released then?



Good question.
How will I know... do they add a notice to my account that an update is available?
User avatar
tehlord
KVRAF
 
7681 posts since 22 Sep, 2008, from Windsor. UK

Postby tehlord; Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:12 pm Re: Sonic Academy new synth!

Synthman2000 wrote:Regarding saving presets. I make my own sounds mainly so if I had made a sound and wish to save it (I normally do this in a folder of my choosing on the C drive with sub folders of synth names which I back up on another drive at end of each month)

And if I modified an existing sound. Does the original preset get changed as well etc ?

How would I best go about this, I did not find the manual very clear on saving your own or modified sounds ?

Thanks for your input.


If you use 'save as' and alter the name, the new version gets saved to the user preset folder. The original remains unaltered.
User avatar
dangayle
KVRist
 
415 posts since 29 Mar, 2014

Postby dangayle; Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:59 pm Re: Sonic Academy new synth!

Why can't I automate the LFO level in Ableton Live? I'm trying to decrease the level in one part of a song I'm working on, but it's no use. Also, if there were an on/off switch for the LFOs, I wouldn't need to modulate the level, but both options would be nice.

Specifically, I'm clicking "configure" in the little box, then clicking on the control in ANA 2, but it never shows up as an automatable control. Help?
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments