Sonic Academy new synth!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ANA ANA 2 The Earth & Moon Expansion

Yeah I also get the jumbled text, but only when I don't use the default 100% size - well the larger sizes produce it, I haven't used the smaller one.

the text issue is resolved - we are trying to fix a few other bugs right now rather than releasing a small update -

i HOPE this will be available today - as well as a demo

bryansonic wrote:the text issue is resolved - we are trying to fix a few other bugs right now rather than releasing a small update -

:tu: :hyper:

Thanks for the update Bryan.

cb8rwh wrote:Yeah I also get the jumbled text, but only when I don't use the default 100% size - well the larger sizes produce it, I haven't used the smaller one.
Good point... I'm running it at 125%.

But it sounds like a fix is en route.... GJ Bryan.

bryansonic wrote:the text issue is resolved - we are trying to fix a few other bugs right now rather than releasing a small update -

Can you please add these on your to do list if you find them reasonable?

- Presets browser: full navigation with all 4 arrow keys, at the moment just up&down are used. Left & Right arrows can be used to nicely navigate horizontally. (And maybe you can implement audio preview for each preset while browsing them with up & down keys).
- Same proposal for sound sources browser: use the L&R arrows for horizontal navigation and sound source preview when browsing with the arrows up & down on the lists.

- For all functions that open “pop-up” windows (sound sources browser, all the popups from the central display): let me close the pop-up with right click anywhere in the unused space, or at least by right clicking anywhere the header of the pop-up, not just the “X” in top corner (all except the presets browser - as this one has some functions assigned to the right click) - this gives a way faster work flow.
- Logic Pro X would probably benefit of 115% and 140% scaling values otherwise the synth never quite fits the screen (15” macbook pro screen, all resolutions)

Regarding saving presets. I make my own sounds mainly so if I had made a sound and wish to save it (I normally do this in a folder of my choosing on the C drive with sub folders of synth names which I back up on another drive at end of each month)

And if I modified an existing sound. Does the original preset get changed as well etc ?

How would I best go about this, I did not find the manual very clear on saving your own or modified sounds ?

Thanks for your input.

I am really hoping for a demo. I am worried about performance issues on my slightly old laptop.
Can anyone who owns ana 2 let me know how gentle it is on the cpu?

Phil, any chance you could do a video on the FX section? I noticed from one of your sound design videos that there's a multi-limiter, and exploration shows a whole host of stuff including a built-in sidekick (!) and something called a samoflange. Also, it's not obvious from looking at it how the inline effects and sends routing works.

I guess it's all going to be in the manual (is that complete yet?) but a) some of us learn better from videos, and b) I'm too lazy to think of a b). :wink:

garryknight wrote:Phil, any chance you could do a video on the FX section? I noticed from one of your sound design videos that there's a multi-limiter, and exploration shows a whole host of stuff including a built-in sidekick (!) and something called a samoflange. Also, it's not obvious from looking at it how the inline effects and sends routing works.

I guess it's all going to be in the manual (is that complete yet?) but a) some of us learn better from videos, and b) I'm too lazy to think of a b). :wink:
Yeah I’ll be doing another bunch of videos this week... will Defo look at the FX

Thanks, Phil :)

bryansonic wrote:i HOPE this will be available today - as well as a demo
So was it released then?

nevis wrote:
bryansonic wrote:i HOPE this will be available today - as well as a demo
So was it released then?

Good question.
How will I know... do they add a notice to my account that an update is available?

Synthman2000 wrote:Regarding saving presets. I make my own sounds mainly so if I had made a sound and wish to save it (I normally do this in a folder of my choosing on the C drive with sub folders of synth names which I back up on another drive at end of each month)

And if I modified an existing sound. Does the original preset get changed as well etc ?

How would I best go about this, I did not find the manual very clear on saving your own or modified sounds ?

Thanks for your input.
If you use 'save as' and alter the name, the new version gets saved to the user preset folder. The original remains unaltered.

Why can't I automate the LFO level in Ableton Live? I'm trying to decrease the level in one part of a song I'm working on, but it's no use. Also, if there were an on/off switch for the LFOs, I wouldn't need to modulate the level, but both options would be nice.

Specifically, I'm clicking "configure" in the little box, then clicking on the control in ANA 2, but it never shows up as an automatable control. Help?

Return to “Instruments”