Sonic Academy new synth!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ANA ANA 2 The Earth & Moon Expansion

sircuit wrote:Did you tried wanking left/right the big filter knob? It supposed to control both filters (when used) with one knob but I find it’s position affects the total cutoff when not in proper position - I think dead center does not affect anything.
I edited my post but I still don't understand why this should be necessary.

sircuit wrote:Did you tried wanking left/right the big filter knob?
:shock:

(Although wanking left may make it feel like someone else is doing it :D )

sircuit wrote:Did you tried wanking left/right the big filter knob? It supposed to control both filters (when used) with one knob but I find it’s position affects the total cutoff when not in proper position - I think dead center does not affect anything.
When I demo'd ANA I never did fully work out the relationship between the individual filters and the big knob filter. I wasn't sure whether it made an equal adjustment to each filter, or whether it was some kind of limiter.

wagtunes wrote:Is this a bug or is this just the way it's designed. Simple patch.

One sawtooth oscillator.

Use Moogy LP filter.

Turn filter cutoff all the way down.

Play a key.

Sound still comes through.

It shouldn't.

Any other synth I have, if you turn the filter cutoff all the way down you get no sound.

I'm trying to so a simple pluck sound controlled by the filter envelope but no matter what I do (and I have tried everything) I can't get the filter to completely cut off.

And yes, I have the oscillator going only through filter 1.

I can't believe what I'm hearing.
Electra2 behaves that way too. And you can't "fix" that by turning both filters cutoff down. I never figured out why it does that, and why the devs, or any other user never noticed it.

db3 wrote: When I demo'd ANA I never did fully work out the relationship between the individual filters and the big knob filter. I wasn't sure whether it made an equal adjustment to each filter, or whether it was some kind of limiter.
Just did a quick test. The master knob adds to the value of the filter(s) setting(s). Really handy. Init patch, set filter mix for osc 1 to 50%, set filter configuration to parallel, pick two vowel modes for both filters, give them slightly different cutoff and resonance then play a chord and adjust the master filter knob. When such knob is missing, is hard to make/test any two-filter combo without assigning things to macros, midi controls and so on. I think is a must for dual- or multi-filter configurations.

jacqueslacouth wrote:
sircuit wrote:Did you tried wanking left/right the big filter knob?
:shock:

(Although wanking left may make it feel like someone else is doing it :D )
Ha ha...can’t stop laughing at that.

Love the new synth from you guys! One thing bugs me though, i love i can rightclick and select what source to send to. Like rightlick on cutoff and select lfo 1. However i cant rightclick all parameters like fine tune or semitones etc.... Will there come a feature for that? Would love to have this quick workflow for all buttons

Also cant you guys add in so we can change if the LFO is doing only positive or negative? ive noticed that currently the lfo goes both negative and positive... if i have a knob i set to about 20 percent up, i den add in lfo, i set depth to 80 percent cause i want it to open up full, however since its both negative and postiive the value will get stuck a time on bottom cause it tries to add more value on zero...

another thing bugs me as well. Set lfo to retrig, change phase, notice that when playing a note the animation for the lfo dont change position on where it starts on lfo curve

Also i wish we could see visual changes happening. the price is almost that of serum and yet it wont offer anything close in aspect off visual feedback. a shame really asking for that price and no visual feedback on the knobs being moved.

Do I have to add credit card number or paypal account to buy ANA 2 ? I don't know why, but I feel uncomfortable when I have to do that. As far as I can remember no online shop asked me to do that before.

pawel12 wrote:Do I have to add credit card number or paypal account to buy ANA 2 ? I don't know why, but I feel uncomfortable when I have to do that. As far as I can remember no online shop asked me to do that before.
I dont know if you have to add it or i dont remember. However if it make you uncomfortable thinking their page gets hacked some time etc. you can remove paypal account or credit card from your profile after purchate. I just tried removing both and now they arent on my account stored anymore. however sonic academy isnt fishy so u have nothing to worry bout, only if they get hacked but like i said you can remove that info easy from your profile page. :tu:

LOVING ANA 2. Life changing!

i wish there was a 90% size gui, 100% is just too big and 75% is too small

Coockie1176ln wrote:Also cant you guys add in so we can change if the LFO is doing only positive or negative? ive noticed that currently the lfo goes both negative and positive... if i have a knob i set to about 20 percent up, i den add in lfo, i set depth to 80 percent cause i want it to open up full, however since its both negative and postiive the value will get stuck a time on bottom cause it tries to add more value on zero...

another thing bugs me as well. Set lfo to retrig, change phase, notice that when playing a note the animation for the lfo dont change position on where it starts on lfo curve
You can select Mono directional Lfo shapes in the drop down.

The Phase animation I've added to the bug list... thanks!

Coockie1176ln wrote:
pawel12 wrote:Do I have to add credit card number or paypal account to buy ANA 2 ? I don't know why, but I feel uncomfortable when I have to do that. As far as I can remember no online shop asked me to do that before.
I dont know if you have to add it or i dont remember. However if it make you uncomfortable thinking their page gets hacked some time etc. you can remove paypal account or credit card from your profile after purchate. I just tried removing both and now they arent on my account stored anymore. however sonic academy isnt fishy so u have nothing to worry bout, only if they get hacked but like i said you can remove that info easy from your profile page. :tu:
We don't actually store any card info.. its all stored with Braintree which is part of PayPal.

Return to “Instruments”