Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
xoxos
Mr Entertainment

12018 posts since 29 Apr, 2002, from i might peeramid

Postby xoxos; Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:09 pm Re: chaos oscillator

more running patches from chaos auditioning

http://xoxos.net/temp/snowmoon.mp3

http://xoxos.net/temp/dontworry.mp3

passing the speaking test. for me that's the most engaging aurality because synthesis + humans. it's not my fault if the devil talks out of it.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha xoxos.net free vst. neither a follower nor a leader be
tagore "where roads are made i lose my way"
where there is certainty, consideration is absent.
xoxos
Mr Entertainment

Postby xoxos; Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:23 am Re: chaos oscillator

http://xoxos.net/temp/moresound.mp3

i keep thinking i'm going to do one minimalist, but one listens for half an hour when composing and then it needs more piled on :scared:

again, these oscs lend themselves very well to vocal like synthesis.

other bug i'm finding (beyond the q cap) is the build was meant for a monosynth and the lfos are mudged in with the voice architecture instead of on top of it like in poly mode when you want one lfo to affect all voices. you probably wouldn't notice, but eg. they sleep with the voice so ie. if you have synced rate with a pulse, the timing will drift if the voices go to sleep between uses. something to improve when i feel like doing that :)

*edit* also realised i omitted quantised waveforms in the lfo, eg. ramps and triangles with n # of steps for sequencing. those are nice to have. need more waveforms to make 64 :hihi:
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha xoxos.net free vst. neither a follower nor a leader be
xoxos
Mr Entertainment

Postby xoxos; Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:32 pm Re: chaos oscillator

http://xoxos.net/temp/thing.mp3

i reopened the file and tried to fix something and i think something is not what it was originally, but that seems to be the fitting mode of composition for this piece.

synthesis with a discretely reactive system.. lends well to controlled randomness.
xoxos
Mr Entertainment

Postby xoxos; Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:34 pm Re: chaos oscillator

had a moment and a hack at SE's scope module, i'd given up on graphics in SE as i'd failed at one time to use it for input.

xyscope.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
VariKusBrainZ
KVRAF

7825 posts since 16 Dec, 2002

Postby VariKusBrainZ; Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:29 am Re: chaos oscillator

xoxos wrote:here's a free kick drum synth as well.

http://xoxos.net/vst/bongkick.zip

Thanks, Im sure I've previously asked for the Bong drums to be available as separate VSTs.

Was joyfully playing with Bong the other night, trying to make it sound 'better' with compressors, saturation and EQ.
I couldn't.
Bong simply sounds perfect when it's naked.

Easily one of the best 'analog' drum synths :tu:
xoxos
Mr Entertainment

Postby xoxos; Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:14 pm Re: chaos oscillator

mind blown today,

i don't know if it's confirmation bias, the ones that look interesting often sound interesting. maybe a mix of order and character. scope is definately hours of distraction but fascinating to patch with

teh hand
xyscopehand.PNG

my computer teacher
xyscopeface.PNG

sun wu kong
xyscopemonkey.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
xoxos
Mr Entertainment

Postby xoxos; Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:25 pm Re: chaos oscillator

i was thinking of reparameterising black to exhibit some of the stuff that goes on in the "osc mode" selection, because this really concerns the shape, but the options are pretty much in there anyway. i think i covered it pretty good, black is a fair little smithy of orbit shapes. not changing anything will keep any user patches loadable, just throw off lfo contour selection. so i gotta finish the lfo mod before release. and a respectable bunch of patches.

i'm pretty sure you'll accept, black is a synthesizer. but it synthesizes shapes. it can turn the thing around a bunch of ways.

xyscopeshape.png

will add tasteful colouration to the decaying points to go with each synths colour scheme and that's my quickie hacked together scope implementation :)
Architeuthis
KVRAF

2944 posts since 27 Jan, 2006, from Phoenix, AZ

Postby Architeuthis; Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:41 pm Re: chaos oscillator

o come on xoxos, you are just repeating everything I am doing with my scope... well I am still missing a few features that you are bound to add or have already added, but... this thread is starting to look like a copy of my "working on a tonal chaos generator" thread.

You will find that things that look interesting and things that sound interesting are related in some cases (certain facets/modes/types of chaos).

I wonder if we can work together to bring chaos sound synthesis to a wider audience as well as widen the scope of the concept of chaos sound synthesis, we can make pure subtractive synths obsolete.

Chaosfly & PrettyScope
xoxos
Mr Entertainment

Postby xoxos; Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:37 pm Re: chaos oscillator

Architeuthis wrote:we can make pure subtractive synths obsolete.

not as fast as they can make me obsolete :hihi: notice how not full of people jumping off about how great these vst are this thread is. ;) there are a couple folks who have been using my vst for ages. maybe five or six unique end users total? now notice how products selling old technology you have to pay for that aren't even released yet by companies you've never heard of get ten pages of posts before they are even available. that is because this industry is corrupt, some kinda cronyism, and i'm not a part of it. xoxos = how to destroy any chance of success in society the way it is today.

they put a f**king camera in my eye. who is ever going to believe that. that kind of thing changes the world forever.

i could make god's own chaos synth, it doesn't matter. what i do doesn't matter and won't ever matter. you still have a chance to matter :)
Architeuthis
KVRAF

Postby Architeuthis; Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:36 pm Re: chaos oscillator

xoxos wrote:notice how not full of people jumping off about how great these vst are this thread is
Great is u-he Zebra. Great is Vengeance Avenger. We need a chaos synth as great as those synths before the population will take it seriously.
xoxos
Mr Entertainment

Postby xoxos; Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:44 am Re: chaos oscillator

great is what the G stands for.

when you see the G people, it ain't too hard to connect they like to call themselves that on account of their smallness.

but truth never stopped people from being vicious :)
Aloysius
KVRAF

21829 posts since 11 Aug, 2008, from a computer

Postby Aloysius; Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:11 am Re: chaos oscillator

sid vicious - chaos

Impeach 64. Keep 32-bit Plug-ins alive.
newuser2014
KVRist

43 posts since 13 Jan, 2014

Postby newuser2014; Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:22 am Re: chaos oscillator

I wonder if these methods could emulate the musically interesting "failure mode" of transistors or capacitors in a physical circuit. Or maybe just a dirty pitch bend wheel. The INTERESTING chaotic behavor of electronic components being abused etc.
Architeuthis
KVRAF

Postby Architeuthis; Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:10 am Re: chaos oscillator

newuser2014 wrote:I wonder if these methods could emulate the musically interesting "failure mode" of transistors or capacitors in a physical circuit.
Maybe, what does that sound like?
newuser2014
KVRist

43 posts since 13 Jan, 2014

Postby newuser2014; Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:43 pm Re: chaos oscillator

Architeuthis wrote:
newuser2014 wrote:I wonder if these methods could emulate the musically interesting "failure mode" of transistors or capacitors in a physical circuit.
Maybe, what does that sound like?

Now that I think about that, Circuit bending comes to mind. Low batteries voltages . Over voltages.
Found: https://www.reddit.com/r/lowbatterysounds/

EDIT> a circuit bent tri-corder : The chrome dpdt toggles and the added knobs from the modifications. Because its an unknown instrument the tri-corders' main knobs would be perfect for the Black Outer and Angle :idea:
Last edited by newuser2014 on Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments