One Synth Challenge #96: Nabla by Full Bucket (Voting Over)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nabla

OSC Community Presets:
The Present - Nabla Presets

Welcome to the One Synth Challenge #96! It's a friendly music competition where you can win cool prizes but most importantly, meet amazing musicians, and learn a lot about mixing, sound design, and more! :)

Submissions will show up here (may be a long delay before showing up):
https://soundcloud.com/kvrosc/sets/one- ... e-96-nabla

Want a chat room with other OSCers? Join our slack here

Classic synth by developer extraordinaire Full Bucket

Prizes:
(Would you like to be a sponsor / prize donor? Contact me via PM or go ahead and post your intended donation here! Get a cool mention on our donator wall of honor)

Special Note:
Ridan is offering a secondary prize (on top of the normal prize): any 1 of his soundsets. Mention the soundset you want, along with your other prize. If you would like your winning track on spotify, please specify so as well, or you will be contacted by rghvdberg.

NUSofting : 1 Copy of Modelonia v2 Synthesizer

KV331 Audio : Synthmaster

Dmitry Sches : Diversion

Guda Audio : Euterpe XL

Wusik : 1 bundle of Wusik 8000, Wusik Station 8, and Wusik EVE v3

Abstract Cats Music : AbiTron Bank for Synthmaster

JRR Shop : UVI: Mello

satYatunes : One of any commercial product

stardustmedia : Professional studio mix down and mastering on one track of your choosing (See Disclaimer)

Xenos Soundworks : Choice of any 1 product

Ghostwave Audio : Any two soundsets of Choice

Twolegs Toneworks : Any one soundset

Touch the Universe : Euterpe XL

The Unfinished : Any two soundsets of Choice

Rob Lee Music : A soundset for either: Sylenth1, Predator, Largo, Blofeld, PPGV3 or Dune

Luftrum : One soundset free of choice.

Ridan: Any one soundset as a secondary prize, on top of the regular prize.
haunting soundscapes, atmospheric chords, layered pads, anamorphic guitars,
brass and woodwind-esque, rhythmic/melodic sequences, and macabre sound effects.

Kreativ Sound: RAW Bundle
(RAW Bass, RAW Drums, RAW TranSID, RAW Textures)

Aiyn Zahev Sounds: Any 2 Soundsets of choice from the website (Uplifting Trance Presets)

Studio 13.37: Pro audio studio on a USB stick

Pooya Payvar (Stonail) : 1 custom made Max for [Ableton] Live: controller, midi or audio effect

Mulperi : 1 Soundbank of Choice

Dream Audio Tools : 1 Indie Fingers bundle (Indie Fingers volumes One and Two)

Bjulin : Inspire soundset for Zebra²

LeapIntoTheVoid : Enchantment Of Absynth Trilogy

Bluff Munkey - 2 soundsets of choice

Solidtrax : 1 Soundset of choice

Any other offers of prizes will be greatly appreciated. :hail: :hail: :hail:

Questions? Comments? Concerns? You want some love? Just post here in this thread :)

Want to try out your skills in other contests / competitions /challenges?
  • DiHalt Demoscene competitions
  • Indaba - Has a mix of popular and indie artists with various contests like remixing and song writing. Some people from OSC have had success here.
  • KVR Mix Challenge (see stickies) - Who can mix a song the best (Without adding extra recordings /musical additions)? Each person starts out with the same stems.
  • Music Cafe (KVR, see stickies) - A thematic monthly competition. Use recording, real instruments, synths and samples.
  • RemixComps - An aggregator for remix contests from a variety of artists and genres (mostly EDM) - indie and popular.
  • Skio Music Contests - Lots of remixes you can join (Mostly EDM) - big prizes.
  • Soundevotion (SDCOMPO) Competition - Even longer running than the OSC, the SDCOMPO is even more niche in that you must use a tracker, and set of specific effects. Great community.
Last edited by bjporter on Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:51 am, edited 16 times in total.

The first link (our synth of the month) is not working. The correct one is https://sites.google.com/site/kvrosc/osc-96-nabla.

Direct link to the synth is: https://www.fullbucket.de/music/nabla.html.

Edit: added the direct link.
Passed 303 posts. Next stop: 808.

BlitBit wrote:The first link (our synth of the month) is not working. The correct one is https://sites.google.com/site/kvrosc/osc-96-nabla.

Direct link to the synth is: https://www.fullbucket.de/music/nabla.html.

Edit: added the direct link.

updated, thank you :tu:

Oh, that's funny ....
I stopped in on the website of Full Bucket a few days ago and I found a synth that seemed very interesting for an OSC: the qyooo ... 8)
And now: ooops ... >>Nabla<< ... :eek:

Okay, another challenge :wink: and february is so short :(

Win only? bummer! see you guys in March, hopefully! 8)

I don't want to be "deputized" by Deputy Mark(haha) when it comes to strings, so it's cool to learn Nabla cos' of OSC now and raise my skills. Nicey! ;)
Last edited by Cruba on Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

this copyright symbol :hihi:
Selectie_124.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

qyooo will be interesting, I'm quite sure of that. B..b..b..but! :shock: :lol:
Time to make some quick, fun doodle, I'd say! :shrug: :hyper:

rghvdberg wrote:this copyright symbol :hihi:
Glad somebody reads the manuals! :lol:

Folks, I really am honored. :oops: This community proved to create some of the most impressive tracks I ever heard, and so I am exited to hear what you will do with my little thingy (although most kudos should go to the original Korg Delta DL-50 engineers and all the folks sharing information about it on the internet :tu:).

Cheers Björn

This will most certainly be entertaining, Björn! :lol: ...I'm already happily doodling around with your little beasty, which will likely force some very different styles on people this time around...again, hehe! Very, very strange thingy for sure. :)
Does it essentially act like the DL-50, then? I mean...the whole polyphony solution and such? Very, very quirky. :ud:

Anyway, I'm excited to hear what magic may happen with this one. 8)

Thanks man! Yeah, the paraphony is working as in the Delta; just one VCF & VCA... :borg:

But of course there is still the GOD mode (although in my own demo track I did not make use of it).

Cheers Björn

Hi Björn!

I'll try not to disappoint you. Korg Delta is from 1979, so I'll try to walk on the path of Genesis again like I did in #94 OSC with my Colruthban song. When I noticed we've to work with Nabla, I had the ABACAB & Duke sound in mind... Maybe something crazy like Dodo/Lurker.

Really high goal, but I'll try - sure without the brilliant Collins vocals, it will be instrumantal. ;)

Off we go!
Last edited by Cruba on Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Hehehe, funny, that's where I'm pulled to myself...the sort of prock touch. It seems like it wants to go there by itself. 8)
...we shall see!

Yeah, I already had a giggle about the "god" mode, hehehe...I'll try to avoid it, but we shall see!

Taron wrote:Yeah, I already had a giggle about the "god" mode, hehehe...I'll try to avoid it, but we shall see!
BTW you can permanently activate the GOD mode via the nabla.ini:

Code: Select all

[Nabla]
ForceGODMode = true
Cheers Björn

Okay! Here's my entry! https://soundcloud.com/ethanduys/ethan-duys-ethereal

I used ten instances of Nabla, and I only used one effect plugin, once, PechenegTremolo! (I hope tremolo effects are fine, It doesn't explain that in rules.)
EDIT: I did it in FL Studio

Couldn't exactly figure out how to do drums, but I guess this song didn't need any anyways.

I'm quite excited for how this challenge turns out!
Last edited by Ethan Duys on Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”