One Synth Challenge #96: Nabla by Full Bucket (Voting Over)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nabla

think it's cool the way many people are using Reaper. I was drawn to this DAW, everything so user friendly.. hotkeys for everything.

Damn...I cannot register to "http://onesynthchallenge.org/" because my KVR Username, which is "] Peter:H [" (without quotation marks) is rejected by the account registration :-( Classical shoot in my own foot situation by choosing such a unconventional KVR Username...
Anayways, how can I vote now? Any help would be highly appreciated!

Cheers
] Peter:H [ aka "The Unregisterable"

Ah yeah that's a funky character, just sign up as PeterH and it will be fine

Edit: sent you PM too about fixing it
] Peter:H [ wrote:Damn...I cannot register to "http://onesynthchallenge.org/" because my KVR Username, which is "] Peter:H [" (without quotation marks) is rejected by the account registration :-( Classical shoot in my own foot situation by choosing such a unconventional KVR Username...
Anayways, how can I vote now? Any help would be highly appreciated!

Cheers
] Peter:H [ aka "The Unregisterable"

Heya, i forgot to mention 2 Cubase FX i used on stereo out :roll:
Adding it now to my post. It's Brickwall Limiter and Maximizer

I have completed voting all tracks (I am early this time compared myself in all precious OSCs).

As always... Great entries for a deserving and very nice synth by Full Bucket Music. Thank you for making this synth, Full Bucket Music. :hail:

Enjoyed listening and voting session. :phones:

Thanks to moderator-bjporter for taking all the pain in setting OSCs. :hail:

Thanks to all participants who have listened my track, given effort to comment and providing valuable feedback on the track. I really appreciate it. :hail:

Best of luck to everybody. :tu:

Warm Regards,
Dee.P.Tree :)

574x
in the mean time .. native linux reaper ;-)
If you're feeling adventurous ..
https://linuxmusicians.com/viewtopic.ph ... 0&start=75

Voted!

I am allways surprised each month about some sounds, which I did not expect out of a certain synth.
This month J.Ruegg showed me that you should never underestimate a synth. You guys are wizards in sound design!
soundcloud.com/photonic-1

I do believe that after about a year of doing OSCs one will have to have become a wizard with their DAW and the sound source becomes gradually less of a handicap. However, the juicier the source, the more awesomeness will come out, of course! Nabla has a curious power across the band, which really can lead to some deliciously juicy results.

What would REALLY be scary, if we had a month, when- outside of limiters or compression- no effects, EQ or filtering would be allowed, hoho. Now THAT would be a hardcore challenge! :shock: (I'm sure it's been a discussion topic once or twice) :hihi:

Wait Taron!
You want me to design real sounds instead of relying on EQ and compression!

I'm scared.

Oh, hell no, I would never wish that on anybody! :o
...though, I have to admit, I compress too little. Wanted to make it my mission to practice that some more, but- aside from my side chain- I simply keep relying on limiters for that, which is crude, I guess. :shrug:

Ironically, if it is that, the OSC is the best school for mastering, as far as I'm concerned. A challenge like I've mentioned would therefore directly defeat that purpose. :dog: :hihi:

I try to learn something new every OSC.
This time I focused on a particular set of plugins.

And still trying to find my style ;)

I want to proclaim that I'd have given up fighting my style, but I do still love to explore more. I swear, I've never really ever done rock like stuff the way I've been doing it here...I mean, with all the guitars and such. Isn't that truly ironic?! Pure synth and I'm going for this sort of thing?! :lol: 8)
For a while I was sure that most musicians in our sphere would have a hard time to determine their style, because I never knew what to call my stuff. But to my surprise, great many of us seem to know quite well even where they sit in the genres?! :|

After listening to some more classic compositions and having some fun with Leonard Bernstein on youtube, I must say, I'm longing for much greater access to music theory for my intuition, such as chromatic progressions- if that's the right word- and the likes. Feels like I really should practice more!

So often are we all trying to get great sounding tracks with the least complicated harmonic progressions and constructions. The focus seems to be on a more or less simple musical concept with the most interesting kind of sounds and environment. But there's such tremendous power in the pure musical composition that seems to fall by the wayside. Needless to mention "form" for the composition. Something that goes beyond a nice demo, but actually represents a properly composed song as a whole. There's some really intense magic that appears largely untapped by us. It's like we all could use some musical maturing, because most of us have such fantastic musical sense and desire and most certainly something to show and share. I wished, we could do a collective music-bootcamp, hahaha, beyond what we're already having for that matter.
Oh man, wouldn't that be awesome, I mean, posting a song form as theme with proper explanation and then everyone would go for that?! Such forms may not depend on genre, as far as I imagine, but just provide structure and we could transport that into any musical world we wish to!? Oooohhh...that would be so wonderful and educational! :hyper:

Anyway...I'm dreaming stuff up here... :harp:

-double post-
Last edited by Auplant on Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I REALLY want to become better and more informed on mastering, based on what you know that I don't know from listening to my mp3 - do you have any recommended resources that you could direct me to for learning the art of mastering and techniques etc.? I will do some research as well of course. btw, going to vote

As far as I have read, Internet says that .... when you want to make commercial releases, mastering own music is bad idea.

Fresh ears are required for unbiased mastering decisions. Even though you may taken some gap between mixing sessions and mastering session, your subconscious mind have what you have produced or mixed. It makes our decisions biased as soon as you spend first 20-30 seconds with your music.

Better would be.. you take music of your friends to master.. for learning purpose.

Above thumb rule is not applicable for OSCs, though. (Of course..! BecauseYou are a one man army here, if not a group submission.)

For OSCs.. Looking at participants' choice of plugins... I have understood that better mixing reduces burdun of good mastering process.

But, since you want to know.. I would say... YouTube is full of resources on mastering.

Just my two cents...

Dear more experienced participants and community members, over to you now: You may correct or provide better help.

Cheers,
Dee.P.Tree

Return to “Instruments”