Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New What is KVR? Submit News Advertise
EvilDragon
KVRAF

14147 posts since 6 Jan, 2009, from Croatia

Postby EvilDragon; Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:59 am Re: Reaktor 6 Snapshots Have Me Totally Bumfuzzled

I don't think they will change anything regarding the snapshot system. This is why they implemented .nrkt presets (and because of Reaktor Player).
Future Aztec
KVRer

4 posts since 12 Feb, 2017

Postby Future Aztec; Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:23 pm Re: Reaktor 6 Snapshots Have Me Totally Bumfuzzled

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.

Let's be clear. I want to go to the Reaktor User Library and download some snapshots for a synth. Not presets. This is an article about presets ----> https://support.native-instruments.com/ ... -REAKTOR-6 (https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/209722789-Using-and-Managing-Presets-in-REAKTOR-6)
Not helpful.

I also do not want to save snapshots, I want to load someone else's. How is this possible?

:scared:
wagtunes
KVRAF

7197 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Postby wagtunes; Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:46 pm Re: Reaktor 6 Snapshots Have Me Totally Bumfuzzled

Future Aztec wrote:Let's be clear. I want to go to the Reaktor User Library and download some snapshots for a synth. Not presets. This is an article about presets ----> https://support.native-instruments.com/ ... -REAKTOR-6
Not helpful.

I also do not want to save snapshots, I want to load someone else's. How is this possible?

:scared:

Snapshots are saved with the ensemble, so if you want to load somebody else's snapshots you have to download the ensemble they created that contain those snapshots.
EvilDragon
KVRAF

14147 posts since 6 Jan, 2009, from Croatia

Postby EvilDragon; Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:30 am Re: Reaktor 6 Snapshots Have Me Totally Bumfuzzled

Or, if they saved their snapshots as .ssf, you can import that in your ensemble, it's in the Snapshots panel.
Future Aztec
KVRer

Postby Future Aztec; Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:48 am Re: Reaktor 6 Snapshots Have Me Totally Bumfuzzled

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.

I see nowhere to import a snapshots .ssf file. Someone made this synth:
https://www.native-instruments.com/en/r ... how/10983/ (https://www.native-instruments.com/en/reaktor-community/reaktor-user-library/entry/show/10983/)

Someone else created these snapshots:

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/r ... how/10987/ (https://www.native-instruments.com/en/reaktor-community/reaktor-user-library/entry/show/10987/)

I have wanted to utilize more snapshots for a year but I always get confused and give up.

Having dowloaded the synth ensemble and the third party snapshots, how do I access them? All I can presently access are the snapshots embedded in the ensemble. Reaktor doesn't seem to have a clear answer for this anywhere I have looked.

So:

1. "Snapshots are saved with the ensemble, so if you want to load somebody else's snapshots you have to download the ensemble they created that contain those snapshots."

This isn't totally true if #2 is true.

2. "if they saved their snapshots as .ssf, you can import that in your ensemble, it's in the Snapshots panel."

All I see in the panel are three options. a) "ID for files" b) Include in snapshots c) Recall by MIDI

How are these import options? What am I missing here?
quincy
KVRAF

1518 posts since 15 Nov, 2003, from London, UK

Postby quincy; Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:58 am Re: Reaktor 6 Snapshots Have Me Totally Bumfuzzled

I've just picked up Reaktor 6 and I was reading the manual (makes a change) on the train this morning. I'm pretty sure there was mention of both snapshots (saved with the ensemble) and presets (separate individual files).

Perhaps this can be of some help?
nordickvr
KVRist

400 posts since 29 Sep, 2013

Postby nordickvr; Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:31 am Re: Reaktor 6 Snapshots Have Me Totally Bumfuzzled

@Future Aztec
You'll need to be in edit mode.
Right click (Mac) on the camera icon.
Create a New Bank.
Right click (Mac) on the newly created Bank and choose Load Bank.
Hope this help
pdxindy
KVRAF

11515 posts since 2 Feb, 2005, from in the wilds

Postby pdxindy; Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:49 am Re: Reaktor 6 Snapshots Have Me Totally Bumfuzzled

MRT wrote:+1
My frustration with snapshots turned me off on Reaktor right away, but it's hard not to like what it's capable of.

I stopped using Reaktor 6 even though I like the capability of Blocks because file management is so clumsy.
Future Aztec
KVRer

Postby Future Aztec; Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:51 am Re: Reaktor 6 Snapshots Have Me Totally Bumfuzzled

nordickvr wrote:@Future Aztec
You'll need to be in edit mode.
Right click (Mac) on the camera icon.
Create a New Bank.
Right click (Mac) on the newly created Bank and choose Load Bank.
Hope this help

:hihi:

Brilliant. Solved. Killer!
Future Aztec
KVRer

Postby Future Aztec; Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:22 pm Re: Reaktor 6 Snapshots Have Me Totally Bumfuzzled

So I am able to load these snapshots. Great. However, saving the ensemble so that the snapshots are added to the banks proves more challenging. Two things:

1. When I load the newer copy of the ensemble which should contain the new bank, and click on "embedded" only the one bank I added to the other seven is shown. However, when I click on one of the snapshots in the one bank, all of a sudden the other banks appear and everything is as it should be. Very odd, but fine, whatever.

2. Saving ensembles. I noticed that the newly saved ensemble landed in the spot under the magnifying glass you access by clicking on the silhouette of the person, as opposed to the "N.I." logo. Why can't I just overwrite the existing ensemble with the added banks? I also can't seem to find the ensemble folder anywhere.

Bottom line. I can load snapshots that others have made available on the Reaktor site, but I am having trouble integrating them so that I have one nice clean ensemble with all the presets together.
timharrow
KVRer

4 posts since 19 Mar, 2017

Postby timharrow; Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:41 pm Re: Reaktor 6 Snapshots Have Me Totally Bumfuzzled

do the snapshots only work for the module settings? I'm trying to set up some snapshots where the actual patching is different, say in one snapshot a clock divider is triggered from the Note In, and another snapshot where it's triggered from a Util Clock module. Each time I change the patching and click Add I'm able to name the snapshot, but moving between them does not change the patch cable :/
djshire
KVRian

554 posts since 10 Jun, 2011, from Detroit

Postby djshire; Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:50 pm Re: Reaktor 6 Snapshots Have Me Totally Bumfuzzled

Bumfuzzled is a very English word
Jace-BeOS
KVRAF

3415 posts since 7 Jan, 2005, from Corporate States of America

Postby Jace-BeOS; Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:01 pm Re: Reaktor 6 Snapshots Have Me Totally Bumfuzzled

I find this system a pain in the ass too. True genius is to provide flexibility AND ease of use. Reaktor doesn't quite get there, but it sure is powerful.

I'm completely unfamiliar with this new "preset" format since I still haven't upgraded to v6. Anyone care to explain the purpose and benefits?
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud
bmanic
KVRAF

7704 posts since 3 Feb, 2003, from Finland, Espoo

Postby bmanic; Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:03 am Re: Reaktor 6 Snapshots Have Me Totally Bumfuzzled

Reaktor snapshot/preset management has always been a complete mess. Those who pretend otherwise (and say it's "flexible") just don't understand that such systems can be built in a different manner, and much better.

Question: Anybody know if a complete reaktor ensemble, with it's knob positions, custom samples added etc is 100% reliably stored within a Reaper song file? Or do I still have to save ensembles to disk within my song directory to be 100% sure they can be recalled at a later stage?
"Remember the iLokalypse June 10 - June 22 2013 - Dominus"
camsr
KVRAF

6490 posts since 16 Feb, 2005

Postby camsr; Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:24 pm Re: Reaktor 6 Snapshots Have Me Totally Bumfuzzled

That should be easy enough to test yourself, but knob/button settings and I think samples are stored with a DAW project save.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments