Synthmaster 3 wish list

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

kv331 wrote: BTW my ETA on the final release of v3.0 is June 2018.
Hey, how is it going wich development of v3 :)

No pressure, Im just curious...

cyanit wrote:
kv331 wrote: BTW my ETA on the final release of v3.0 is June 2018.
Hey, how is it going wich development of v3 :)

No pressure, Im just curious...
I vaguely remember reading in some other thread that it had actually been postponed to late 2018.
Sorry if this ends up being incorrect. :help:

Besides any new cool features, I just hope the UI is much better as I know many people want that improved.

I recall that the biggest planned changes were for the UI and workflow, more layers, full wavetable support, and a wavetable editor.

Now that the wavetable support was ported over from SM One, that leaves the UI & workflow, and the wavetable editor.

Functionally, this synth doesn't really need a lot of new features, but a UI and workflow facelift would be awesome, especially if it includes more visual real-time feedback. It is very powerful, but there is sometimes so much going on that it's difficult to tell at a glance what is affecting what. Any enhancements that provide a dashboard function, or heads up display of important active parameters, would be welcome.

Simplification? Maybe hide elements that are not in use, so long as that doesn't detract too much from the overall view of signal flow. Maybe a switchable edit/perform mode, so that you can see all the little details with edit switched on, otherwise just what you see is what you hear (WYSIWYH).

An oscilloscope would also be an awesome UI enhancement!
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Granular synthesis is supposed to be another pretty big feature for SM3, possibly the main thing I'd like to try out when it'll be released.

I only want higher quality oscillators and filters.

I think SynthMaster sounds a bit plastic compared to the "component-level" models of U-he.

I nowadays mainly use SM for "trancey" stuff and occasionally some light percs.

For basses and main leads the U-he stuff sounds much more full.

soundmodel wrote:I only want higher quality oscillators and filters.

I think SynthMaster sounds a bit plastic compared to the "component-level" models of U-he.

I nowadays mainly use SM for "trancey" stuff and occasionally some light percs.

For basses and main leads the U-he stuff sounds much more full.
You probably should switch to the new ZDF (Zero Delay Feedback) filters available in SynthMaster since 2.8 (Ladder; Diode Ladder; SVF; Bite).

Most of the factory presets were created using the older filter models (Digital; VAnalog).

The 'BigTone Analog Basics' expansion was released following the new filters, and is a good example of the higher quality available now, but in many other cases not taken advantage of until you switch filters yourself.

Hey guys,

I am sorry that I haven't been around lately, due to our SynthMaster One IOS development! But finally it's out the door, so I am hopefuly back at KVR :D
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Great. One thing I'd like to see in SM3 would be:

1) Completely revamped set of presets.
2) A button available everywhere that lets you disable reverb and delay for the current preset.

Some people probably don't realise how powerful and good-sounding SM 2.9 can be because they browse a few old presets with lots of reverb and delay on them and think "nothing special".

onerob wrote:Great. One thing I'd like to see in SM3 would be:

1) Completely revamped set of presets.

Some people probably don't realise how powerful and good-sounding SM 2.9 can be because they browse a few old presets with lots of reverb and delay on them and think "nothing special".
I think part of that perception may also be that most of the factory presets were created with the original filters "Digital" and "VAnalog", and do not employ the new ZDF filters available since 2.8. The presets were not automatically updated, but the filters are available for use. For one good example of the new filters in use, listen to the expansion "Big Tone Analog Basics". Well done! :tu:
onerob wrote: 2) A button available everywhere that lets you disable reverb and delay for the current preset.
I think that a quick FX disable button would be very useful. Sometimes I like to use FX plugin chains or channel strips outside of the synth, and need a quick way to audition SM "dry".

Granted that some preset sounds are designed around the included FX, and disabling them can remove the artistic intent, sometimes things can get muddy with reverb on top of reverb, LOL! An option for this would be cool!

Just glad Bulent is fine, I was almost starting to worry :hihi:
Hope to get some updates on the SynthMaster3 development :oops:

Niowiad wrote:Just glad Bulent is fine, I was almost starting to worry :hihi:
I am fine and also fixed a major issue in our engine while working on the iOS version: Synthmaster One now releases memory for "unused" waveforms/wavetables. I will apply the same patch to SynthMaster as well so that it releases unused "waveforms/waveforms/samples.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

kv331 wrote:
Niowiad wrote:Just glad Bulent is fine, I was almost starting to worry :hihi:
I am fine and also fixed a major issue in our engine while working on the iOS version: Synthmaster One now releases memory for "unused" waveforms/wavetables. I will apply the same patch to SynthMaster as well so that it releases unused "waveforms/waveforms/samples.
What about 'missing' waveforms in Synthmaster 2.9.6 - presets made with older versions have this issue,if it's discussed elsewhere sorry for the double,but it's pain in the ars and i had to make huge revision of mine - is there a solution or will there be such with next updates.Thanks.

I remember seeing some newer graphics a while back that might be in the works for 3.0. :)

I wonder if they are still going to be using those? It looked very nice from the examples I was able to view.

zzz00m wrote:
onerob wrote: 2) A button available everywhere that lets you disable reverb and delay for the current preset.
I think that a quick FX disable button would be very useful. Sometimes I like to use FX plugin chains or channel strips outside of the synth, and need a quick way to audition SM "dry".

Granted that some preset sounds are designed around the included FX, and disabling them can remove the artistic intent, sometimes things can get muddy with reverb on top of reverb, LOL! An option for this would be cool!
I was just playing around with the FX on/off button in SynthMaster One.

That is exactly what we need here! :tu:

Return to “Instruments”