Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New What is KVR? Submit News Advertise
sfxsound3
KVRist

114 posts since 30 Mar, 2016

Postby sfxsound3; Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:22 am Re: The Spire Serum Dune 2 Massive Myopic Mess

wagtunes wrote:Now I'm not so stupid

This is debatable.
Examigan
KVRAF

3837 posts since 15 Sep, 2005, from East Coast of the USA

Postby Examigan; Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:38 am Re: The Spire Serum Dune 2 Massive Myopic Mess

I am surprised you didn't mention Sylenth1, ANA, or HIVE in your original post.
wagtunes
KVRAF

7217 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Postby wagtunes; Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:55 am Re: The Spire Serum Dune 2 Massive Myopic Mess

Can somebody please explain how to create a bank in English?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZmsziydRrs

The above video goes 100 mph and explains nothing. I have no idea what the 50 gazillion steps he did to create his bank. I'm trying to figure this out on my own but there is nothing in the manual.

** EDIT ** NVM. Figured it out. You have to name the preset in the window before you save it. Stupid preset system.
Vortifex
KVRist

156 posts since 1 Sep, 2016

Postby Vortifex; Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:08 am Re: The Spire Serum Dune 2 Massive Myopic Mess

I don't get it. At 9.04pm you said:

wagtunes wrote:Well, that last synth isn't getting my money. Not for $189 for what is being marketed as yet another me too wub wub supersaw machine.

At 9.31pm you said:

wagtunes wrote:I don't like the work flow AT ALL.

It's just not for me.
Spire is officially dead and buried as far as my own desire is concerned.

And then 10:12pm you said you bought it, apparently because you could resize the GUI. How does that negate what you previously said about it? Am I missing something? Not having a dig here, just trying to understand your thought process.
wagtunes
KVRAF

Postby wagtunes; Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:16 am Re: The Spire Serum Dune 2 Massive Myopic Mess

Vortifex wrote:I don't get it. At 9.04pm you said:

wagtunes wrote:Well, that last synth isn't getting my money. Not for $189 for what is being marketed as yet another me too wub wub supersaw machine.

At 9.31pm you said:

wagtunes wrote:I don't like the work flow AT ALL.

It's just not for me.
Spire is officially dead and buried as far as my own desire is concerned.

And then 10:12pm you said you bought it, apparently because you could resize the GUI. How does that negate what you previously said about it? Am I missing something? Not having a dig here, just trying to understand your thought process.

The small GUI size made the workflow impossible. I couldn't find anything because I couldn't see anything. Once I was able to see everything, figuring out the workflow was much easier.

No, I'm not 100% thrilled with the layout. But I've seen worse and I've worked with worse.

So yeah, as it stands now, with the larger GUI, Spire is a "workable" synth. My favorite layout? Far from it. But workable.
andrew71
KVRist

385 posts since 16 Jun, 2003

Postby andrew71; Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:33 am Re: The Spire Serum Dune 2 Massive Myopic Mess

Apologies for dragging this thread up, but if Spire was the synth mentioned that 'never goes on sale', I'd just like to point out that it's currently on sale for $129 at JRRShop.

https://www.jrrshop.com/reveal-sound-spire

Not sure how long it's on offer for...
DJ Warmonger
KVRAF

2134 posts since 7 Jun, 2012, from Warsaw

Postby DJ Warmonger; Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:56 am Re: The Spire Serum Dune 2 Massive Myopic Mess

People want to make wubwub and supersaws. Developers want to sell their synths. You cannot stop multiple developers from making similiar products.
Also, Massive is from 2007. Serum is from 2015. You can't expect that another popular wavetable synth won't be created sometime in your life :shrug:

/close thread
http://djwarmonger.wordpress.com/
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)
tehlord
KVRAF

7498 posts since 22 Sep, 2008, from Windsor. UK

Postby tehlord; Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:57 am Re: The Spire Serum Dune 2 Massive Myopic Mess

Every forum I've ever been a part of there's always one character that mistakes :-

a) The forum for his own personal blog.

and :-

b) His own opinions (based on his own tiny understanding of things) as actual fact.

c) Every question not posted by himself as an excuse to link to his Soundcloud page.

It must be a sad, lonely life. :hihi:
wagtunes
KVRAF

Postby wagtunes; Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:06 am Re: The Spire Serum Dune 2 Massive Myopic Mess

tehlord wrote:Every forum I've ever been a part of there's always one character that mistakes :-

a) The forum for his own personal blog.

b) His own opinions (based on his own tiny understanding of things) as actual fact.

c) Every question not posted by himself as an excuse to link to his Soundcloud page.

Screw you!

It must be a sad, lonely life. :hihi:
Previous

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments