One Synth Challenge #97: Fortune Cookie 2012 by HG Fortune (bh9090 wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

574X wrote:: If I won a professional synthesizer in this amazing synthesis competition it would be a priority for me to make a professional patch bank for it and donate it to the prize pool as another gift on top of anything any winner picks. That’s been a dream of mine. Imagine how amazing it would be if everyone did that!
Cool :tu:

Ah, I'm wondering what JRR shop will throw at me now. Thus I'll go for UVI: mello. I hope, they won't dump their trash on me again, haha. But we shall see! :evil: :lol:

Alright, so I'm not sure how the procedure is right now but i guess 574x goes next?
Failure is success in progress.

Yep, he should be next, but 10 persons didn't vote for or against giving him a right to choose the prize.

Do people in 6th+ place get prizes if the top 5 winners pass, or does that only change the top 5 pick order?
Taron wrote:"I hope, they won't dump their trash on me again, haha. But we shall see! :evil: :lol:"
What :?: :lol:
bjporter wrote:"Sorry everyone, this last quick vote was more contentious than I realized. It appears as though people are fine with carrying on without change.

It's difficult to find a point of fairness, and also give people a voice in issues. It's easier to be flat out strict, but since the first OSC, I think we've always been a forgiving, kind community, not black and white.

And again, congrats to the winers :clap: :clap: :clap:"
If I'm reading this right, everything's fine.

What synthesizer do you guys want a patch bank for and custom layered samples made with it as a free bonus prize? I'll give bjporter a direct download link so it'll be "instant win" :party:

It seems like that would be the Synthmaster bundle, if that's an option. Suggestions :?:

I'm drawing inspiration from Ridan ofc. Does he have a pack for Synthmaster? The link is down. If that's Brandon Clark who's now working with ADSR sounds, that's awesome. I definitely appreciate their tutorials and synth reviews. :hail:

574X wrote:Do people in 6th+ place get prizes if the top 5 winners pass, or does that only change the top 5 pick order?
Only top 5 get to pick a prize.
574X wrote:It seems like that would be the Synthmaster bundle, if that's an option.
I guess Synthmaster is the most common synth of the prizes. You can't go wrong with it :tu:

I would be very glad to get Tantra if that's possible :hyper:

What about you vitalker?

Nice choices. I would take pleasure in getting Diversion. :o

Ohohohoh, lucky you, eraze, because the Tantra image doesn't show and I totally did not see it! :lol: But it's all good! ;)

I probably would have missed that too Taron, but i recalled the post where bjporter announced the new prize for this month. Since i don't think i will make the top 5 again anytime soon, i'm double lucky! :hug: :ud:

Oh, that's a grim kind of happiness, hahaha! Feel the pull to greatness and just keep at it! If you didn't have it in you, you wouldn't have made it. ;) :tu: ...I believe in you! :hug:

Taron wrote:Ohohohoh, lucky you, eraze, because the Tantra image doesn't show and I totally did not see it! :lol: But it's all good! ;)
:lol: Tantra was in the title of the thread as new prize, for weeks. Despite it being larger than my screen, it competes with the new OrilRiver and Panagement in jaw-dropping visual appeal. That's definitely one of Dmitry Sches' strengths.

According to dblue/Kieran Foster, multi-effects sequencer racks are designed for resampling, so even though Tantra runs hot on cpu and I only have a demo for now, it's great to use.

I once looked into Mello because it's a UVI product and I was learning about Falcon. From what I remember, Mello is a really cool emulation of a legendary original sampler bank that was originally used for British invasion era classics. It seems like a great, inspirational composition tool.

Ridan's link works in this thread, but there's an old link on the google sites page.

I sometimes really dig the Mellotron sound, which is why I liked the idea, but last time JRR shop claimed they would no longer have the UVI:Mello and offered something else to me at the same value. The synth was really complete crap, I mean, 100% useless and the VERY NEXT day they sold it for $17, I think. Ugly business, really.

We shall see what happens this time, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were pulling another weird one on me. Hope not, though!

As for not seeing Tandra. I never really care about prices and then just casually look through what's listed. Oh dear, everything I want to say now would sound ridiculously smug, hahahaha, danged...but, yeah, uhm...no way of saying that with the kind of humility I'd prefer, but I'm a little conditioned to just look through the list at the end... :oops: ...you guys! :hug:

Taron wrote:...I believe in you! :hug:
Thanks my friend. I will keep on trying (although i'll have to skip this month)...and hopefully improve as well. :hug:
Taron wrote: As for not seeing Tandra. I never really care about prices and then just casually look through what's listed. Oh dear, everything I want to say now would sound ridiculously smug, hahahaha, danged...but, yeah, uhm...no way of saying that with the kind of humility I'd prefer, but I'm a little conditioned to just look through the list at the end... :oops: ...you guys! :hug:
I think all OSCers know that you're just an incredible artist and have a "Dauerkarte" for the top 5. It's okay to brag a little :wink:

Taron wrote:"I'm a little conditioned to just look through the list at the end... :oops: ...you guys! :hug:"
Yeah, me too - the giant list of unsubmitted tracks I made for OSC :lol: I have 25 atm for this month (after this fiasco, I'm keeping them all in one directory! :ud:), and now I'm going to basically scrap them and do some with Synthmaster One so I can work on the pack :lol:. I imagine now is a great time to get into the habit of exporting .mid files.

Not to superficially boost your ego, but there is a list of skills you consistently demonstrate that set you apart and will keep you at the top IMO. If anything, it's good to draw attention to the nuances of that so we can focus and improve. Thank you for your influence here. :love: :hail:

That's not superficial at all, 574X! Your boosting my ego from a very deep and beautiful place! And this is getting eerily kinky and unlike anything I'd like to ever say... :shock: :lol: ...no, no, thank you very much and don't beat yourself up over all the nonsense right now. You've done a fabulous job with your song"s" and show to be an excellent musician. Just try to submit a bit earlier, but don't let any guilt force you into random obligations.
I'm sure you already decided to use Synthmaster for this month #98, right? That would be the perfect "punishment". :lol:
It'll be plenty of fun and you'd have the best reason to start your pack. :tu:

Thanks, of course! :hug:

Return to “Instruments”