Project: 90's Synthpop and Italo Disco

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

fluffy_little_something wrote:David Hasselhoff?! You should get banned from KVR 8)
:lol:

I like the one album of his and that Android Trans am Car call KITT

wagtunes wrote:
chk071 wrote:I really hoped for a 90's Trance project from wagtunes. I'm just afraid he doesn't like the music too much. :P
Actually, I do like Trance, all eras. In fact, the only 2 genres of music I can honestly say I don't like at all are Rap and Reggae. Everything else, I'm cool with. Even Hip-Hop.

Okay, so why don't I like those 2 genres?

Rap - I simply don't like spoken word. It has nothing to do with the lyrical content. I like my words sung, not spoken. I didn't like Les Crane's Desiderata when that came out in 1972.

Reggae - I just can't get into that beat. I don't understand it and I can't play it to save my life. I don't think I could do more than maybe one Reggae tune and it would be so horribly cliche'd that I'd be embarrassed to play it.

Other than that, I can listen to just about everything from Opera to Death Metal.

So Trance? Yeah, I'm up for learning the in's and out's of it.

As for Surreal's dilemma, wish I could help you my friend but Italio Disco is something I'd have to study myself so you're gonna have to rely on others here.

Good luck with the project and please, when you have a song finished, please post it so we can all hear it.
Thanks Wagtunes! Will do.. looking forward to hearing more of your 80s Project!

Sounds awesome.. but I have not seem this Dude release this soundset yet :scared: :help:

Made this one for Italo Disco a while ago.

Disco fara da se

All made with Xils-Lab PolyKB III and StiX drum machine
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

How has no-one mentioned the Korg M1 piano sound yet?

The Sirius is a strange beast. I can't think of any vst that sounds like it. Tbh the synth parts sounded very cheap and its drum samples and sequencer were the real appeal. The synth sounds were spectral waveforms, but no Waldorf-like wavetables.
At the risk of getting shot, something like Virsyn Tera would get you in the ballpark quite nicely. Crunchy filters and digital synthesis that's a few generations old now. I always loved Tera's drum sounds, so it would be the one I'd use. A very capable synth, just badly needs updating!
Alternatively you could use Prologue in Cubase. That's an offshoot from Tera I believe.

Crap, now I'm missing my Sirius! :)

surreal wrote:Haddaway, Dr Alban, modo, co.ro, whigfield, culture beat, ice mc ect and Ace of Bass... and italo disco like Fancy, modern talking, Bad boys Blue, David Hasselhof and Francesco Napoli...

Synthmania had posted several Italo disco tracks at YouTube (Playlist of 18 videos).

Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... cnqZvsobY3

Synths he seemed to have used for the vidos in the playlist (all hardware):
Roland Jupiter 8, Roland Juno-60, Roland Jupiter 6, Roland SH-101, Roland JX-8P, Moog Memorymoog, Oberheim OB-Xa, SCI Prophet 5, Yamaha DX-7, E-Mu Emulator, Siel DK-80, Crumar Orchestrator, Crumar Bit 99, Korg DSS-1, Ensoniq EPS

Drums:
LinnDrum, E-Mu Drumulator, Oberheim DMX, Roland TR-909, Roland TR-808, Roland TR-707, Simmons SDSV
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

surreal wrote:

Sounds awesome.. but I have not seem this Dude release this soundset yet :scared: :help:
Yeah, some other one did, but it's just not it, hope this will hit public soon, he's working on it for quite some time now, hit him with PM on You Tube maybe. :wink:
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xalama qo wrote:The Sirius is a strange beast. I can't think of any vst that sounds like it. Tbh the synth parts sounded very cheap and its drum samples and sequencer were the real appeal. The synth sounds were spectral waveforms, but no Waldorf-like wavetables.
At the risk of getting shot, something like Virsyn Tera would get you in the ballpark quite nicely. Crunchy filters and digital synthesis that's a few generations old now. I always loved Tera's drum sounds, so it would be the one I'd use. A very capable synth, just badly needs updating!
Alternatively you could use Prologue in Cubase. That's an offshoot from Tera I believe.
Avenger seems to tick the boxes here though :D !!

The Korg Wavestation or M1 gives a lot of that early 90s trance. Many Sounds are sampled in low quality. If you check whoscovered you will see the source samples from many hits. UVI Synsations also have a lot of this sounds and is much cheaper.

But of course, I search for a real cool libary for such things too. Yamaha CS2x as VST or the Roland XV :o

My 2000er classic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zthMCiuIQvU

:party:

You can find lots of info on my blog; about instruments and how to compose it...:D I suggest you start reading from beginning (2012)
http://eurodancetutorial.blogspot.com

I'm also interested to make eurodance music in 90s style with someone so if you are interested as well please let me know and let's make some tunes together! I own FL Studio 12 and Reaper.

Hey Nick

Thank you very much and I appreciate it! Would be very cool if we could!! I see your blog is hosted on a South African domain.. are you from South Africa too?

Regards
Surreal

Return to “Instruments”