Need help with Synth Master expansions install

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey there

I bought Everything bundle few years ago. They released more expansion libraries since then. I am moving to newly built computer and need to reinstall. I installed synth master but not sure how to install expansions. In the User area it has

Everything Bundle Upgrade for SynthMaster Windows.

What does it means, "Upgrade"? Upgrade to what? Do I install Upgrade or do I need to install something first and then upgrade it? I see individual library installers- do I install them one at a time? And what is this Everything Upgrade for?
(Contacted tech support but it been a week- they don't answer. Actually they answered question about SM One, but not about upgrade, so I am trying to figure it out without them). Thank you.
Last edited by Astralv on Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Go to the users area. If you are installing Synthmaster on this machine for the first time, you will need to install 2 files.

SynthMaster 2.8 VST/VSTi/AAX for Windows 32bits/64bits Installer

Everything Bundle Upgrade for SynthMaster Windows Setup

The one is under updates and the other is under expansions.

Thank you for your reply. I was wondering if it needs initial files. Why would they call it Upgrade if nothing is getting upgraded? Usually upgrade is not full installer and requires initial installer to be already installed. Also my initial libraries do not match the upgrade libraries- some may be missing and some I don't think I have.

I installed that Everything Upgrade, (2013), and... In Browser, I only see under Banks "Factory Presets" and "Online Presets". Where would be all the banks? I have hundreds of sounds, but nothing under the banks. Thank you.

Astralv wrote:I installed that Everything Upgrade, (2013), and... In Browser, I only see under Banks "Factory Presets" and "Online Presets". Where would be all the banks? I have hundreds of sounds, but nothing under the banks. Thank you.
On my PC, the banks are installed in C:\Program FIles\KV331 Audio\Synthmaster\Presets

I think it's just slightly odd terminology, but you're "upgrading" from Synthmaster Standard to Synthmaster Everything. The "upgrade" is really just the expansion content for all expansions instead of just the factory presets for SM Standard. The actual synth engine stays the same.
In fact a synth version "upgrade' would be called an update, so maybe the terminology isn't too odd. (until SM 3 is available, then a v2.x to v3 would be called an upgrade...whew!) :hihi:

Thank you for your replies and for posting the Presets location. I can not match the files in Presets with folders of individual libraries. For example, in Presets, I have Aiyn Zahev folder and Aiyn Zahev BE. But in expansions (I stored individual expansions folders back in 2013), I have AIynZahevExpansion 1 and AIynZahevExpansion 2. I can not see what is inside of these folders as it has only one file that supposed to install expansion.
The individual expansions from 2013 only have BigToneExpansion1 but in the Upgrade Bundle it has BigTone Analog Basics, BigTone Signature Sounds, BigTone Techno Bits. In my Presets folder I have one folder called "BigTone". It contains 48 items- this is not all BigTone I would assume? So where are all the sounds?

I sent them e-mail with my initial question last night and the e-mail returned as undeliverable. I don't know if it blocks my yahoo e-mail or what. last time I contacted them, and got reply in the next 10 minutes, while I had undeliverable warning in my inbox. But then I replied to message from them and never heard back from them. I don't have time for thin. There should be better way!

I installed the everything upgrade bundle and I don't know if I got everything or not. Thank you for reading.

~stratum~

I am using Contact form on their web site. All online forms have issues with yahoo- I often have this issue. I just sent them another e-mail via the web site and it came back as undeliverable. Do they provide support via KVR forum page, or is it just peer to peer? Thank you.

Do they provide support via KVR forum page, or is it just peer to peer? Thank you.
They read it but I don't know how often. They read the instruments forum too, perhaps they didn't see this thread because it is weekend.
~stratum~

Astralv wrote:Hey there

I bought Everything bundle few years ago. They released more expansion libraries since then. I am moving to newly built computer and need to reinstall. I installed synth master but not sure how to install expansions. In the User area it has

Everything Bundle Upgrade for SynthMaster Windows.

What does it means, "Upgrade"? Upgrade to what? Do I install Upgrade or do I need to install something first and then upgrade it? I see individual library installers- do I install them one at a time? And what is this Everything Upgrade for?
(Contacted tech support but it been a week- they don't answer. Actually they answered question about SM One, but not about upgrade, so I am trying to figure it out without them). Thank you.
You just have to download and install SynthMaster Everything Bundle Upgrade setup:

Windows: http://www.synthmaster.com/downloadfile.aspx?fileId=79
Mac: http://www.synthmaster.com/downloadfile.aspx?fileId=80

On Windows make sure you choose SynthMaster's data folder for installation.

like: c:\program files\kv331 audio\synthmaster

That's all you have to do!
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Thank you for your reply. I ran the installer again (OMG_ now I will have duplicated everything?) but I still have only Factory Presets and Online Presets under the Banks column. Shouldn't there be names of expansions? Where are the names of expansions then? How would I know if I want to only play let's say Dawn of Electronic Music Vol3? Thank you.

Astralv wrote:Thank you for your reply. I ran the installer again (OMG_ now I will have duplicated everything?) but I still have only Factory Presets and Online Presets under the Banks column. Shouldn't there be names of expansions? Where are the names of expansions then? How would I know if I want to only play let's say Dawn of Electronic Music Vol3? Thank you.

Yes, there should be a bunch of banks showing up under "Banks" after the install.
You must not be pointing it to the correct folder during the installation.

I don't change the folder. Looks like everything was installed on C as recommended. Also all the folders are listed in Presets folder. And the programs that show in SynthMaster are combination of programs from inside of these folders that I can find under Presets (when viewing it with File Explorer.) They just not in Banks and I can not select individual bank.

Why is it that I can not get any meaningful support from the company? I got generic reply, "Just install the Everything upgrade" file. I installed it, I don't see any banks under "Banks", and I don't get any answer- it been a week now. Could somebody help, please? Thank you.

Return to “Instruments”