Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New What is KVR? Submit News Advertise
xalama qo
KVRian

997 posts since 7 Jun, 2007

Postby xalama qo; Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:05 am Sooo looking forward to the u-he MS20!!!...

...because, you know, u-he! :D

Just a subtle hint. At least I didn't start a poll! :hihi:
fabrik sound design - Presets for Sawer
Ingonator
KVRAF

10892 posts since 21 Mar, 2008, from Hannover, Germany

Postby Ingonator; Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:14 am Re: Sooo looking forward to the u-he MS20!!!...

Diva alraedy includes MS-20 Osc and Filter modules so this is not very likely i guess (at least not soon).

The modules in Diva are called: Dual VCO Eco, HPF BITE (2 filter revisions), BITE filter (2 revisions)
Ingo Weidner - Sound Design
HW: Blofeld, UltraNova, Pulse 2, BS2
SW: PPG 3.V, Largo, Icarus, Legend, Avenger, Saurus 2, Diva, Syn'X 2, Komplete 10, VC 5, KLC, many more..
i5-3350P / Win 10 x64 / Live 9 / Cubase Pro 9 / Studio One 3 / Bitwig 1 / PT 12.6
xalama qo
KVRian

Postby xalama qo; Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:52 am Re: Sooo looking forward to the u-he MS20!!!...

True, but not quite the same.
But would't it be friggin cool if Urs n co DID plan to do an MS20 sometime...like after RePro-5?
etherdesign
KVRist

238 posts since 6 Apr, 2001, from Milwaukee, WI

Postby etherdesign; Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:14 am Re: Sooo looking forward to the u-he MS20!!!...

It seems highly unlikely given that Korg already have released a VST version and then also a very good selling hardware reissue of sorts, both of which are still widely available. I'm sure they have more interesting things to put their time and energy and ingenuity into..

The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious ; it is the
fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science.
-- Albert Einstein
e@rs
KVRAF

2619 posts since 15 Dec, 2011, from Bucharest, Romania

Postby e@rs; Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:19 am Re: Sooo looking forward to the u-he MS20!!!...

...like cats. :wink:
psmacmur
KVRist

357 posts since 29 Jul, 2013, from Toronto

Postby psmacmur; Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:40 am Re: Sooo looking forward to the u-he MS20!!!...

e@rs wrote:...like cats. :wink:

This is a very good point: I have both the Korg Legacy MS-20 VST and a cat. While the MS-20 is good, I much prefer the cat; she has faster attack, more bite, and a softer tail. Also, she sits better in a mix, er I mean chair. :clown:
xalama qo
KVRian

Postby xalama qo; Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:45 am Re: Sooo looking forward to the u-he MS20!!!...

^^ :hihi:
Touch The Universe
KVRAF

2702 posts since 2 Oct, 2008

Postby Touch The Universe; Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:18 pm Re: Sooo looking forward to the u-he MS20!!!...

that's great :lol:
High Quality Soundsets with a generous amount of presets. Out now, 214 presets for Rapid for 20$
http://www.touch-the-universe.com/
Codestation
KVRAF

1528 posts since 30 Dec, 2004, from betwixt

Postby Codestation; Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:32 pm Re: Sooo looking forward to the u-he MS20!!!...

I saw some video on youtube about a physical modelling drum thingie they were working on... I think this is badass, and from u-he U KNOW IT WOULD BE :band2: :hail:
egbert101
KVRian

540 posts since 13 Jun, 2014

Postby egbert101; Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:10 pm Re: Sooo looking forward to the u-he MS20!!!...

Was this announced? Not sure about the point since Korg do their own MS-20 soft synth.
Touch The Universe
KVRAF

2702 posts since 2 Oct, 2008

Postby Touch The Universe; Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:26 pm Re: Sooo looking forward to the u-he MS20!!!...

It is not deception but inception, I think :ud:
High Quality Soundsets with a generous amount of presets. Out now, 214 presets for Rapid for 20$
http://www.touch-the-universe.com/
Urs
u-he

20378 posts since 7 Aug, 2002, from Berlin

Postby Urs; Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:02 am Re: Sooo looking forward to the u-he MS20!!!...

Yeah, a truely modular MS-20 with patch points also for audio signals would certainly be a challenge I'd go for.

But at this point of time there's no way I'd even think about it.

Cats on the other hand... ah well, let's see how we do with a poly Repro. It's much more complicated than I'd expected :cry:
xalama qo
KVRian

Postby xalama qo; Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:43 am Re: Sooo looking forward to the u-he MS20!!!...

Aaah, Urs, so glad to hear you'd be up for the challenge!
That means that POSSIBLY, SOMETIME in the future there MIGHT be a UH-20! Woohoo! :wheee: Something to hope for, cos you'd show KORG how classic emulations SHOULD be done!
(seeing as they're so slow on updating theirs and that ridiculous MS-20 GUI) :D

Now I wonder when ÜBER is gonna arrive...you know, that FilterscapeVA upgrade? The one with insane wavetable oscillators, each with oscillator warp/FM and inter-oscillator FM/PD, Z-Plane-like morphing filter and FS1R-like formant shifting, all at Bazille quality. You know that would silence the "Woot?! Another vintage analogue synth emu?!! Why can't we embrace the future?!!!" crowd. At least a bit. :D
(Of course, an awesome modern "UX-professional-approved" GUI with an extensive mod-matrix would be mandatory!) :hihi: (But I'd strongly suggest MASSIVE-type modulation assignment. That system works so well)

Ok, Back to work fine sir! Yes, I know it's Saturday. We're (im)patiently waiting to give you our money! Yes, KVR. ALL of KVR. Everyone. Go. Work. :D :tu:
Last edited by xalama qo on Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
xalama qo
KVRian

Postby xalama qo; Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:52 am Re: Sooo looking forward to the u-he MS20!!!...

Inception. Most definitely :tu:
legendCNCD
KVRian

544 posts since 23 Sep, 2004, from there

Postby legendCNCD; Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:59 am Re: Sooo looking forward to the u-he MS20!!!...

psmacmur wrote:
e@rs wrote:...like cats. :wink:

This is a very good point: I have both the Korg Legacy MS-20 VST and a cat. While the MS-20 is good, I much prefer the cat; she has faster attack, more bite, and a softer tail. Also, she sits better in a mix, er I mean chair. :clown:

Not completely sure if talking about Octave or Felis Catus. Still, golden. Got me smiling hard :o :hihi:

Anyway, whats wrong with the Korg VST? It doesnt hiss enough?
Though I wouldnt mind U-He MS-20 ;)
Next

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments