Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise
Cinebient
KVRAF

2205 posts since 16 Nov, 2014

Postby Cinebient; Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:57 am Re: Sooo looking forward to the u-he MS20!!!...

egbert101 wrote:No no no! It's either Moog Modular Synthesizer or ARP 2600 or EMS VCS3, before anything else! :hihi: Otherwise it's just not Berlin Modular, sorry!

Okay, so two emulations of the ARP 2600 have been done (Arturia & Way Out Ware), but not circuit modelled versions. And at least three versions of the Moog Modular Synthesizer have been emulated (Including Moog themselves with the Moog Model 15 app on ipad which doesn't count as it's a toy and not a VST!). Pulsar Modular have probably nailed it in terms of coming close to authenticity to a Moog Modular.

There are plenty of EMS VCS3 emulations but none are circuit modelled, and none have really nailed the filter properly. Anyone up for the challenge? :hihi: Maybe Andy from Cytomic, or the lads at D16 Group. You're my only hope left! :party:

The Moog app is for sure no toy! You just think it is!
But i agree that the P900 is great and eats the app for breakfast (beside the app has better midi options and offers easy MPE support).
egbert101
KVRian

914 posts since 13 Jun, 2014

Postby egbert101; Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:05 am Re: Sooo looking forward to the u-he MS20!!!...

Cinebient wrote:The Moog app is for sure no toy! You just think it is!
But i agree that the P900 is great and eats the app for breakfast (beside the app has better midi options and offers easy MPE support).

iPad is a toy, you just think it isn't! :hihi:
Cinebient
KVRAF

2205 posts since 16 Nov, 2014

Postby Cinebient; Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:11 am Re: Sooo looking forward to the u-he MS20!!!...

egbert101 wrote:
Cinebient wrote:The Moog app is for sure no toy! You just think it is!

iPad is a toy, you just think it isn't! :hihi:

Touche´ (but i even use my iPhone for that).
But in reality i hate iOS....but love some of the apps i can´t get a replacement as VST/AU.
Would i prefer a Moog Model 15 VST/AU?..... YES! I don´t know why Moog doesn´t do one.
But in the meantime i find P900 much better sounding and versatile.
It is Model 15 on steroids with better filters (minus not so good midi option but i can live with that). The filters might be a matter of taste. Some sounds works better on it, most sounds i find better when i create the same in P900. The included filters just have much more juice in the low end also at high resonance. There the Model 15 app lacks!
But it´s still an amazing synth and no toy :x :D
egbert101
KVRian

914 posts since 13 Jun, 2014

Postby egbert101; Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:46 am Re: Sooo looking forward to the u-he MS20!!!...

Cinebient wrote:Touche´ (but i even use my iPhone for that).
But in reality i hate iOS....but love some of the apps i can´t get a replacement as VST/AU.
Would i prefer a Moog Model 15 VST/AU?..... YES! I don´t know why Moog doesn´t do one.
But in the meantime i find P900 much better sounding and versatile.
It is Model 15 on steroids with better filters (minus not so good midi option but i can live with that). The filters might be a matter of taste. Some sounds works better on it, most sounds i find better when i create the same in P900. The included filters just have much more juice in the low end also at high resonance. There the Model 15 app lacks!
But it´s still an amazing synth and no toy :x :D

Yes yes, I'm patiently waiting for the port over to Windows, and my wallet is all ready :hihi: Yeah it sounds perfect to my ears so far.
DocAtlas
KVRian

923 posts since 10 Jan, 2006, from Pittsburgh

Postby DocAtlas; Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:10 am Re: Sooo looking forward to the u-he MS20!!!...

Urs wrote:Yeah, a truely modular MS-20 with patch points also for audio signals would certainly be a challenge I'd go for.

But at this point of time there's no way I'd even think about it.

Cats on the other hand... ah well, let's see how we do with a poly Repro. It's much more complicated than I'd expected :cry:

You've already done cats; there's a cat solo in She Loves My Pies... :wink:
I wish I could sing as well as the voices inside my head...

http://www.cdbaby.com/darkvictory
electro
KVRAF

4162 posts since 5 May, 2002

Postby electro; Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:26 pm Re: Sooo looking forward to the u-he MS20!!!...

If you want a EMS VCS3 try the Xils-Lab XILS 3.2 and XILS 4
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM
Teksonik
KVRAF

11396 posts since 15 Sep, 2001, from Las Vegas,USA

Postby Teksonik; Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:53 pm Re: Sooo looking forward to the u-he MS20!!!...

MS 20 ? Ehhhh not really interested. Full Oberheim emulation (just about any model) ? Ok....... :hihi:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
xalama qo
KVRian

1035 posts since 7 Jun, 2007

Postby xalama qo; Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:24 am Re: Sooo looking forward to the u-he MS20!!!...

^^where's the challenge in that? Urs lives for challenges! :hihi:
fabrik sound design - Presets for Sawer
xalama qo
KVRian

1035 posts since 7 Jun, 2007

Postby xalama qo; Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:30 am Re: Sooo looking forward to the u-he MS20!!!...

After RePro-5 he might just get the rest of the team to churn out a few polysynth emulations, just because he can. BUT what keeps Urs in the game is constantly pushing tech further. Somebody has to do it, and I feel like the future of virtual analogue is in good hands with him! Not saying he's the only guy capable of coming up with the goods, (before I get flamed) but he has a great track record so far.
fabrik sound design - Presets for Sawer
Examigan
KVRAF

3882 posts since 15 Sep, 2005, from East Coast of the USA

Postby Examigan; Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:20 am Re: Sooo looking forward to the u-he MS20!!!...

Teksonik wrote:MS 20 ? Ehhhh not really interested. Full Oberheim emulation (just about any model) ? Ok....... :hihi:

+1
Previous

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments