Suggestions for non- edm VST instruments(bizzarre, quirky, cool sounding)..Indie /Minimalist music

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

oh ...and I use reaper (and playtime..it is great) . I also use analog tape(cassette and otari 1/2 inch)

wagtunes wrote:Another GUI that's too small for me to use. Shame, because it sounds totally amazing -- better than all my other synths!
:D For others who may be interested, the Modelonia GUI takes up a third of my 1920x1200 screen - a decent size. Also, the GUI is systematically organised with a different colour for each function, so as you become familiar with it, you don't need to read most of the labels.

Edit: I forgot to mention- the current version has a SKIN button that lets you toggle among dark, light, and large size GUIs
Last edited by Michael L on Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

I like some of xoxos stuff, also, Boscomac ensembles for Reaktor. Dust is a bit quirky, but it's definitely cool.

Michael L wrote:
wagtunes wrote:Another GUI that's too small for me to use. Shame, because it sounds totally amazing -- better than all my other synths!
:D For others who may be interested, the Modelonia GUI takes up a third of my 1920x1200 screen - a decent size. Also, the GUI is systematically organised with a different colour for each function, so as you become familiar with it, you don't need to read most of the labels.

Edit: I forgot to mention- the current version has a SKIN button that lets you toggle among dark, light, and large size GUIs
Please don't take my quotes and change my words. I never said sounds better than all my other synths. I said it sounds decent.

wagtunes wrote:
Michael L wrote:

Please don't take my quotes and change my words. I never said sounds better than all my other synths. I said it sounds decent.
Yeah, I have to defend wags on this, don't do that shit. It's annoying.

ghettosynth wrote:don't do that shit
It's called hyperbole-- humour by extravagant exaggeration :D In the future, I will honour all plugin pronouncements with the solemnity they so deeply deserve :hail:
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Try GForce synths.

Michael L wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:don't do that shit
It's called hyperbole-- humour by extravagant exaggeration :D In the future, I will honour all plugin pronouncements with the solemnity they so deeply deserve :hail:
I know what it is, but when you quote someone else and twist their words, it's annoying and, frankly, uncool. What you should honor is the idea of the quotation and save the funny for words that can be clearly attributed to you.

ghettosynth wrote:it's annoying and, frankly, uncool
:hail:
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Phonem and Bazille (both truly unique)

pdxindy wrote:Phonem and Bazille (both truly unique)
+1

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

Theoctavist wrote:thank yall so much! amazing., excited to dig through this stuff! exactly what I needed and then some! also, @JoeCat im in NC too, near wilmington!

great forum yall got here!
I'm just outside of Raleigh (Apex). :)

what a bounty of riches this forum is ! thanks again to everyone!

For the Sonic Youth feedbackey vibe I like Arcsyn -- this has actually come up before.

Return to “Instruments”