Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
Theoctavist
KVRer
 
19 posts since 1 Jul, 2016

Postby Theoctavist; Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:12 pm Re: Suggestions for non- edm VST instruments(bizzarre, quirky, cool sounding)..Indie /Minimalist music

oh ...and I use reaper (and playtime..it is great) . I also use analog tape(cassette and otari 1/2 inch)
User avatar
Michael L
KVRAF
 
2195 posts since 25 Jan, 2014, from the End of the World as we Knowit

Postby Michael L; Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:50 pm Re: Suggestions for non- edm VST instruments(bizzarre, quirky, cool sounding)..Indie /Minimalist music

wagtunes wrote:Another GUI that's too small for me to use. Shame, because it sounds totally amazing -- better than all my other synths!
:D For others who may be interested, the Modelonia GUI takes up a third of my 1920x1200 screen - a decent size. Also, the GUI is systematically organised with a different colour for each function, so as you become familiar with it, you don't need to read most of the labels.

Edit: I forgot to mention- the current version has a SKIN button that lets you toggle among dark, light, and large size GUIs
Last edited by Michael L on Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ghettosynth
KVRAF
 
10863 posts since 13 Oct, 2009

Postby ghettosynth; Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:57 pm Re: Suggestions for non- edm VST instruments(bizzarre, quirky, cool sounding)..Indie /Minimalist music

I like some of xoxos stuff, also, Boscomac ensembles for Reaktor. Dust is a bit quirky, but it's definitely cool.
User avatar
wagtunes
KVRAF
 
11467 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Postby wagtunes; Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:34 pm Re: Suggestions for non- edm VST instruments(bizzarre, quirky, cool sounding)..Indie /Minimalist music

Michael L wrote:
wagtunes wrote:Another GUI that's too small for me to use. Shame, because it sounds totally amazing -- better than all my other synths!
:D For others who may be interested, the Modelonia GUI takes up a third of my 1920x1200 screen - a decent size. Also, the GUI is systematically organised with a different colour for each function, so as you become familiar with it, you don't need to read most of the labels.

Edit: I forgot to mention- the current version has a SKIN button that lets you toggle among dark, light, and large size GUIs


Please don't take my quotes and change my words. I never said sounds better than all my other synths. I said it sounds decent.
ghettosynth
KVRAF
 
10863 posts since 13 Oct, 2009

Postby ghettosynth; Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:43 pm Re: Suggestions for non- edm VST instruments(bizzarre, quirky, cool sounding)..Indie /Minimalist music

wagtunes wrote:
Michael L wrote:
wagtunes wrote:Another GUI that's too small for me to use. Shame, because it sounds totally amazing -- better than all my other synths!
:D For others who may be interested, the Modelonia GUI takes up a third of my 1920x1200 screen - a decent size. Also, the GUI is systematically organised with a different colour for each function, so as you become familiar with it, you don't need to read most of the labels.

Edit: I forgot to mention- the current version has a SKIN button that lets you toggle among dark, light, and large size GUIs


Please don't take my quotes and change my words. I never said sounds better than all my other synths. I said it sounds decent.


Yeah, I have to defend wags on this, don't do that shit. It's annoying.
User avatar
Michael L
KVRAF
 
2195 posts since 25 Jan, 2014, from the End of the World as we Knowit

Postby Michael L; Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:52 pm Re: Suggestions for non- edm VST instruments(bizzarre, quirky, cool sounding)..Indie /Minimalist music

ghettosynth wrote:don't do that shit
It's called hyperbole-- humour by extravagant exaggeration :D In the future, I will honour all plugin pronouncements with the solemnity they so deeply deserve :hail:
nicksohn
KVRist
 
456 posts since 6 Dec, 2014

Postby nicksohn; Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:53 pm Re: Suggestions for non- edm VST instruments(bizzarre, quirky, cool sounding)..Indie /Minimalist music

Try GForce synths.
ghettosynth
KVRAF
 
10863 posts since 13 Oct, 2009

Postby ghettosynth; Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:00 pm Re: Suggestions for non- edm VST instruments(bizzarre, quirky, cool sounding)..Indie /Minimalist music

Michael L wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:don't do that shit
It's called hyperbole-- humour by extravagant exaggeration :D In the future, I will honour all plugin pronouncements with the solemnity they so deeply deserve :hail:


I know what it is, but when you quote someone else and twist their words, it's annoying and, frankly, uncool. What you should honor is the idea of the quotation and save the funny for words that can be clearly attributed to you.
User avatar
Michael L
KVRAF
 
2195 posts since 25 Jan, 2014, from the End of the World as we Knowit

Postby Michael L; Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:08 pm Re: Suggestions for non- edm VST instruments(bizzarre, quirky, cool sounding)..Indie /Minimalist music

ghettosynth wrote:it's annoying and, frankly, uncool
:hail:
User avatar
pdxindy
KVRAF
 
13195 posts since 2 Feb, 2005, from in the wilds

Postby pdxindy; Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:10 pm Re: Suggestions for non- edm VST instruments(bizzarre, quirky, cool sounding)..Indie /Minimalist music

Phonem and Bazille (both truly unique)
ghettosynth
KVRAF
 
10863 posts since 13 Oct, 2009

Postby ghettosynth; Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:17 pm Re: Suggestions for non- edm VST instruments(bizzarre, quirky, cool sounding)..Indie /Minimalist music

pdxindy wrote:Phonem and Bazille (both truly unique)


+1
egbert101
KVRAF
 
2045 posts since 13 Jun, 2014

Postby egbert101; Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:52 am Re: Suggestions for non- edm VST instruments(bizzarre, quirky, cool sounding)..Indie /Minimalist music

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
<delete>
User avatar
JoeCat
KVRian
 
1062 posts since 19 May, 2011, from North Carolina

Postby JoeCat; Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:57 am Re: Suggestions for non- edm VST instruments(bizzarre, quirky, cool sounding)..Indie /Minimalist music

Theoctavist wrote:thank yall so much! amazing., excited to dig through this stuff! exactly what I needed and then some! also, @JoeCat im in NC too, near wilmington!

great forum yall got here!


I'm just outside of Raleigh (Apex). :)
Theoctavist
KVRer
 
19 posts since 1 Jul, 2016

Postby Theoctavist; Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:57 am Re: Suggestions for non- edm VST instruments(bizzarre, quirky, cool sounding)..Indie /Minimalist music

what a bounty of riches this forum is ! thanks again to everyone!
gremlinmoon
KVRist
 
158 posts since 9 Dec, 2006

Postby gremlinmoon; Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:33 am Re: Suggestions for non- edm VST instruments(bizzarre, quirky, cool sounding)..Indie /Minimalist music

For the Sonic Youth feedbackey vibe I like Arcsyn -- this has actually come up before.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments