Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New#KVRDeals
nickamandote
KVRist

399 posts since 24 Nov, 2012

Postby nickamandote; Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:19 am Let's Create 90s Eurodance - Join if Interested

Hello,

I'm Nick, owner of http://eurodancetutorial.blogspot.com - a blog dedicated to 90s eurodance where I've tried to gather as much information as I could find about this now classic genre.

As I see they are still many nostalgic people about it, I was wondering how many of you would be interested to share your knowledge about 90s eurodance and also learn from others in a practical way.

I've created the Facebook group where to discuss techniques, gear, share ideas and most important - create songs in this musical style.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/461246944216198/

Please join if interested thanks!
Last edited by nickamandote on Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:17 pm, edited 5 times in total.
nickamandote
KVRist

Postby nickamandote; Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:21 am Re: How to Create 90s Eurodance

Wow, hadn't expect such "huge" interest so far :)
recursive one
KVRAF

3048 posts since 7 Feb, 2013

Postby recursive one; Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:31 am Re: How to Create 90s Eurodance

It was the genre that originally attracted me to synths :)

I'm making/listening to music in completely different genres now so I don't think I could make any useful contribution, but I still may listen to some 2 Unlimited or Capella. Maybe I could even try to write some eurodance for a change.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgIXNOEv_40
I hate incomplete sentences because they ...
nickamandote
KVRist

Postby nickamandote; Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:41 am Re: How to Create 90s Eurodance

recursive one wrote:It was the genre that originally attracted me to synths :)

I'm making/listening to music in completely different genres now so I don't think I could make any useful contribution, but I still may listen to some 2 Unlimited or Capella. Maybe I could even try to write some eurodance for a change.

Hi, that's nice to hear!

Well... hopefully there will be people interested to join this project... who knows.
chk071
Suspended

Postby chk071; Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:58 am Re: Let's Create 90s Eurodance - Join the Project and Let's Do It

I grew up with the Eurodance wave, they were laying on the records in A-rotation, or however you'd call it, on parties around my place. :) Frankly, didn't have too much of a connection to the music in the days i went to parties much, but, i realized later that i actually liked it most of the time. Not quite the music i'd listen to today either, but, i see some parallels to the music i listen to now, and, it really has something about it.

Doesn't contribute much to the topic, but, thought i'd share anyway. :) Listening to the music always brings up some nice memories, definitely.
recursive one
KVRAF

3048 posts since 7 Feb, 2013

Postby recursive one; Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:05 am Re: Let's Create 90s Eurodance - Join the Project and Let's Do It

While we are at it, the tune which starts at 46:57 is bloody awesome

I'd love to know how to make the dissonant stab at 48:20 or the lead at 48:29

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfPdFU_7Jr8
I hate incomplete sentences because they ...
nickamandote
KVRist

Postby nickamandote; Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:01 am Re: Let's Create 90s Eurodance - Join the Project and Let's Do It

wagtunes wrote:If I ever do a 90s Eurodance project, I'll know where to come. LOL.

No worries. Tried to find people for this in the past and the result was always the same.
wagtunes
KVRAF

9175 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Postby wagtunes; Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:09 am Re: Let's Create 90s Eurodance - Join the Project and Let's Do It

nickamandote wrote:
wagtunes wrote:If I ever do a 90s Eurodance project, I'll know where to come. LOL.

No worries. Tried to find people for this in the past and the result was always the same.

Actually, I'm genuinely interested. I've recently finished...

70s Prog Rock Project
Country Western Project

And am currently working on a 2 CD 80s Synth Pop project that I am now starting the 2nd CD for.

I would very much love to do 90s Europop. It would be a real challenge for me as I have no idea what it even is. In the 90s I was too busy raising my daughter and working to support the family. I didn't spend a lot of time listening to what was out at the time and just did my own thing. Now that I have all the time in the world, this is something I'd really love to tackle. But I'd have to listen to a crap ton of music to even know where to begin.
commodore
KVRist

118 posts since 19 Feb, 2013

Postby commodore; Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:26 am Re: Let's Create 90s Eurodance - Join if Interested

This is awesome. I'm generally interested in older styles of electronic, so this fits in nicely. I love the simpler styles, and like the challenge of creating something with (generally) more limited tools, and to make things interesting on the account of not using wild crazy noises, like dub step for instance, to please the listener. Aiming for simpler melodies that don't wear out after listening to them on repeat.

The blog looks cool, can't wait to check out when back home from work. :tu:
nickamandote
KVRist

Postby nickamandote; Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:41 am Re: Let's Create 90s Eurodance - Join if Interested

commodore wrote:This is awesome. I'm generally interested in older styles of electronic, so this fits in nicely. I love the simpler styles, and like the challenge of creating something with (generally) more limited tools, and to make things interesting on the account of not using wild crazy noises, like dub step for instance, to please the listener. Aiming for simpler melodies that don't wear out after listening to them on repeat.

The blog looks cool, can't wait to check out when back home from work. :tu:

That's great! Just make sure you start with the 2012 posts first as it presents the genre better this way.
nickamandote
KVRist

Postby nickamandote; Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:18 pm Re: Let's Create 90s Eurodance - Join if Interested

There is a facebook group available now; feel free to join:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/461246944216198/
damoog
KVRian

977 posts since 31 May, 2007

Postby damoog; Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:40 pm Re: Let's Create 90s Eurodance - Join if Interested

I liked eurodance for a very short while then I saw the prodigy live

I stopped listening to it from then on
MOOG SUB37 / ELEKTRON ANALOG RYTM / STRYMON BLUESKY / NI KOMPLETE KONTROL / OMNIPSHERE / ARTURIA V-COLLECTION / LIVE 9 / DIVA / FABFILTER PRO-Q / MACBOOK PRO------ :love: LAVA LAMP FOR INSPIRATION :love:
stratum
KVRian

1303 posts since 29 May, 2012

Postby stratum; Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:24 pm Re: Let's Create 90s Eurodance - Join if Interested

but I still may listen to some 2 Unlimited or Capella

I was considering myself totally indifferent to any sort of EDM but yes, that stuff existed, I remember it. No limit was playing everywhere and nobody had an option of not hearing it. Years later it still sounds good, but sounds like a catchy tune instead of sounding like an interesting genre. OK, I admit it, I'm not an EDM fan. :lol:
~stratum~
surreal
KVRian

580 posts since 3 Dec, 2006

Postby surreal; Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:45 am Re: Let's Create 90s Eurodance - Join if Interested

Hi Guys,

Just came to report back,

There is an awesome Sound designer Synthofsynth that does very accurate sound designing.

He has created a bank for Synth1 that features the most popular Signature Sounds of the 90s.

Let us support him by buying this bank and many of his other bank for other genres!!

https://youtu.be/0nwEzAiv_yg

You can also reach him on his website at http://www.synthofsynth.com

Regards

Surreal

ps. Nick can you add his details to your blogspot and 90's producers facebook page Lets support Synthofsynth sound design
Next

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments