Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise

V-Station

Normamae
KVRer

5 posts since 3 Sep, 2010

Postby Normamae; Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:28 pm V-Station

You can laugh me but i want a nostalgia. Anyone here can gift me a v-station? (i wish i can pay the price but PayPal is banned on Turkey)
sergiofrias
KVRist

397 posts since 22 May, 2009, from Portugal,Azores (faial island)

Postby sergiofrias; Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:24 pm Re: V-Station

ohhhh...your first post...well you must be ...

https://youtu.be/s__rX_WL100?t=58

and you want a FREE gift?

well gess what... it's your lucky day!

here is your FREE gift!

enjoy !!
...want to know how to program great synth sounds,check my video tutorials: http://www.youtube.com/user/sergiofrias25
Yudaidhun
KVRist

111 posts since 26 Mar, 2009

Postby Yudaidhun; Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:30 pm Re: V-Station

Bought this months ago, but I found that V-Station and BassStation does not work well under the sampling rate more than 96,000Hz.
Already reported and confirmed by Novation, I'm still waiting for the fix.
soundcloud.com/yudaidhun
Normamae
KVRer

Postby Normamae; Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:31 am Re: V-Station

Yudaidhun wrote:Bought this months ago, but I found that V-Station and BassStation does not work well under the sampling rate more than 96,000Hz.
Already reported and confirmed by Novation, I'm still waiting for the fix.

I'm sorry but i think Novation never fix] this bug due it's very old plugin on a demo also specific knobs stuck.
chk071
KVRAF

13470 posts since 10 Apr, 2010, from Germany

Postby chk071; Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:41 am Re: V-Station

If you have a credit card, or can pay via bank transfer, you can also get this Beat mag issue: http://www.falkemedia-shop.de/musik/beat/beat-2669.html , and get both the V-Station and the Bass Station plugins. Might take a while to ship to turkey though.
It's not "news" anymore, it's "infotainment".
Normamae
KVRer

Postby Normamae; Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:17 am Re: V-Station

chk071 wrote:If you have a credit card, or can pay via bank transfer, you can also get this Beat mag issue: http://www.falkemedia-shop.de/musik/beat/beat-2669.html , and get both the V-Station and the Bass Station plugins. Might take a while to ship to turkey though.

Thanks for the helpful reply. I'll definitely look at it. If i buy digitally can i get dvd contents like cm vault?
chk071
KVRAF

Postby chk071; Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:24 am Re: V-Station

No, Beat mag doesn't have digital downloads, so you'd definitely need to buy a physical copy.
Normamae
KVRer

Postby Normamae; Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:56 pm Re: V-Station

chk071 wrote:No, Beat mag doesn't have digital downloads, so you'd definitely need to buy a physical copy.

i asked to beat mag and they said promo was ended :(
stratum
KVRian

1284 posts since 29 May, 2012

Postby stratum; Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:07 pm Re: V-Station

What's special about this plugin? I guess there should be many similar synths out there.
~stratum~
chk071
KVRAF

Postby chk071; Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:15 pm Re: V-Station

stratum wrote:What's special about this plugin? I guess there should be many similar synths out there.

And none of those will sound exactly like the V-Station. ;)
cryophonik
KVRAF

5253 posts since 6 Sep, 2006, from Elk Grove, CA

Postby cryophonik; Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:31 pm Re: V-Station

stratum wrote:What's special about this plugin?

Normamae wrote:...i want a nostalgia.

V-Station was one of my first soft synths, so I can certainly relate to that. Sometimes I sorta wish I hadn't given away all those copies that came bundled with various hardware purchases. V-Station and Vanguard - good times. :phones:
Normamae
KVRer

Postby Normamae; Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:34 pm Re: V-Station

cryophonik wrote:
stratum wrote:What's special about this plugin?

Normamae wrote:...i want a nostalgia.

V-Station was one of my first soft synths, so I can certainly relate to that. Sometimes I sorta wish I hadn't given away all those copies that came bundled with various hardware purchases. V-Station and Vanguard - good times. :phones:

yes man vanguard is awesome too.
djshire
KVRian

577 posts since 10 Jun, 2011, from Detroit

Postby djshire; Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:48 pm Re: V-Station

is V-Station still decent in modern days? I look at and think "Can't I do the same thing with Predator 1?"
yul
KVRian

749 posts since 26 Sep, 2002, from Montreal, CANADA

Postby yul; Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:56 am Re: V-Station

djshire wrote:is V-Station still decent in modern days? I look at and think "Can't I do the same thing with Predator 1?"

...Kinda. I just rebought it at deep discount promo at pluginboutique. It's actually great aside from a few bugs (my biggest one being filter glide being fixed speed) the sound can be quite interesting.

I know it's an old (vintage?) engine but I like the grit it has and the filter is also quite distinctive + it's super fast to work with.
chk071
KVRAF

Postby chk071; Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:01 am Re: V-Station

I dug it out some time ago, and found it quite decent. Realized later though that i indeed prefer my more recent plugins, for most sounds. But then, kind of the only way to get that Novation sound on to your computer, without owning one of their hardware synths, so. I always hoped they'd bring the Ultranova as a VSTi, but, i think they're done with software synths, one of their devs also stated that they were quite flattened that there were cracked versions of the V-Station surfacing shortly after the release (although i wonder if they never realized that the Bass Station was also a popular crack, at least i knew quite a few people back in the days who had a warezed version installed...).
Next

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments