Old Albino user here : replacement suggestions

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

layzer wrote:the latest VSTis are just the same old stuff with effects added.
Patently false.

Good to some of you if it’s still usable and rock solid on your side guys! Cause with my setup (OSX Sierra 10.12, Ableton Live 9) it crashes my DAW quite often and makes it unstable in a weird random way. No idea why.

And the GUI is also small and giving my eyes a hard time now. And since it’s abandoned, I can’t count on a bigger or resizable GUI update. So that’s why I start looking for a replacement.

Thanks for the Dune 2 suggestion, seems to be a general consensus so I have to try it and see if it can compete against grandpa Albino.

EvilDragon wrote:
Patently false.
nah, its true.

just use this. it even makes OnePingOnly sound better than Serum
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

If you want to replace it, Predator is the most logical choice.
You got similar rob papen sounds, you got version 2 (and version 1 also).

Neon Breath wrote:Good to some of you if it’s still usable and rock solid on your side guys! Cause with my setup (OSX Sierra 10.12, Ableton Live 9) it crashes my DAW quite often and makes it unstable in a weird random way. No idea why.
Unsupported version of OS X is culprit most probably.
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

layzer wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:
Patently false.
nah, its true.

Sausage Fattener is God.

Kneel and grovel, Humans. KNEEL I TELL YOU!

(I actually do not have, and thus do not use Sausage Fattener)

Zexila wrote:
Neon Breath wrote:Good to some of you if it’s still usable and rock solid on your side guys! Cause with my setup (OSX Sierra 10.12, Ableton Live 9) it crashes my DAW quite often and makes it unstable in a weird random way. No idea why.
Unsupported version of OS X is culprit most probably.
Yup I think so too. I have few other old plugins acting weirdly (or simply not working). Didn't have the choice to update because of other work projects outside music... :shrug:

layzer wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:
Patently false.
nah, its true.

Yeah, just no. Wrong. :)

One ping only is superior synth even without Sausage fattener.
Murderous duck!

Neon Breath wrote:Yup I think so too. I have few other old plugins acting weirdly (or simply not working). Didn't have the choice to update because of other work projects outside music... :shrug:
Is dual booting a solution?
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

fluffy_little_something wrote:Funny, I have read that synth's name so often on KVR, yet never heard it (knowingly, that is) :)
Seems it was a joint project by Rob Papen and Linplug. So, maybe their later products might sound similar, just a wild guess :)
In the mid 2000's it was all the rage on KVR. It's quite a good synth actually, with trillions of presets available for it.

This is what it sounds like: https://www.sendspace.com/file/gwvlgd
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

And the GUI is also small and giving my eyes a hard time now. And since it’s abandoned, I can’t count on a bigger or resizable GUI update. So that’s why I start looking for a replacement.

Thanks for the Dune 2 suggestion, seems to be a general consensus so I have to try it and see if it can compete against grandpa Albino.
Well, you did not mention your OS and host in the OP and here in Windows 10 64-bit it still seems to work nicely.

You also mentioned there is no 64-bit which seemed to be wrong too. At least i am using the 64-bit VST2 in Windows (latest version is v3.2.1 as mentioned earlier here) but AFAIK there is also a 64-bt version for OSX.

Concerning OSX Sierra to be fair there seemed to be problems with many plugins newer than Albino 3 wheer teh last version is from 2014.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

I think it was a crime that they killed such a successful synth! I know Rob Papen doesn't allow for any future versions that uses his presets, but I don't understand why LinPlug didn't code something similar, but without the compatibility with Albino presets!

Anyway, I thought Hybrid 3 sounds a little bit like Albino, no? Of course Dune 2 is a great synth and can do wonderful pads (Sylenth1 also, although it does have only a subtractive synthesis, no FM or Wavetable, but it is really great also).

EnGee wrote:I don't understand why LinPlug didn't code something similar, but without the compatibility with Albino presets!
Actually they did. Albino was based on a LinPlug synth called Delta.

my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote:
EnGee wrote:I don't understand why LinPlug didn't code something similar, but without the compatibility with Albino presets!
Actually they did. Albino was based on a LinPlug synth called Delta.

Oh yes! I remembered now! Delta! So I suppose they (I think it is one guy called Peter, right?) can do a new synth based on Delta 3 but has all the functions (or GUI) that Albino fans want. I believe it is in demand. I for one, would buy Delta 4 or (Albino 4) by LinPlug :)

Return to “Instruments”