PrettyScope is released! Please check out the welcome page for more.
Join the contest and win a free copy. Click here for more.
PrettyScope is a multi-platform (Mac/Win/Linux) 32/64-bit oscilloscope audio plugin which captures the beauty of analog oscilloscopes while expanding the aesthetic possibilities.
- No longer rely on pixelly images from oscilloscope plugins of the past. Achieve thick, high resolution traces, high framerate, great for youtube and educational/demonstrative/tutorial videos where showing a clear waveform to your audience is important.
- "Capture and freeze" allows you to view your waveform frozen while adjusting color/shape/zoom/etc
- Total control over the look of the scope. One can make it look colorful or creepy for artistic endeavors (some settings tend to have a 1950s sci-fi aesthetic) or flat and monochrome for teaching purposes, or anything inbetween.
- Paint with sound by painting over a frozen image continuously. Draw with dots and lines of various thickness and color for different visual effects. Various coloring and blending modes such as "Laser, LED, Paint, Heatmap" allows a great deal of artistic freedom.
- Import your own heatmap/colormap, engage heatmap mode on the fly
- Option for automatic pausing (if input is silent, scope stops drawing, helpful for pausing the scope to capture a waveform or simply make it easier to paint with sound)
- Easy on the eyes with its high frame rate, high resolution, and stable image
- Little to no CPU usage (powered by OpenGL), save all that CPU for your synthesizers.
It's ok if you don't win a free copy of PrettyScope.
This is a product I want everyone to have access to.
PrettyScope will be released at just $20.
Planned features (may not exist on release):
- some kind of video rendering/export
- Screenshot button
- Screenshot load/save
- 1D mode (stereo,mono,mix with waveform detection and syncing)
- More coloring modes such as using a colormap to control the color of lines based on length
- More line and dot "shapes" such as linear, glowy, parabolic, etc.
- Edit colormaps inside the plugin and see your changes in realtime
- Switch between HSL/RGB/Lab color sliders
- audio functions: panning, rotation, channel swap, channel invert, boost/compression/limiting
- video functions: zoom/offset
- modulation, use an LFO to, for example, rotate hue of your lines and dots
- standalone version?
- apply fun effects in realtime such as pixelate, blur, bloom/glow, calligraphy mode, paintbrush mode,spray paint mode
All images made with PrettyScope during development: