Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise
No_Use
KVRAF

2136 posts since 13 Mar, 2004

Postby No_Use; Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:21 pm Re: PrettyScope (paint with sound), sign up for closed beta now!

Touch The Universe wrote:
pilotredsun wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5S5aMh3Z9B4
here's a short video I made using Prettyscope. randomly frozen waves being fed through. very cool program! being able to make the screen wider would help for youtube videos.

That looks amazing! Do you mind sharing the preset?

+1

Initial (quick) test report:
Win 8.1, GForce G210, Reaper 5.40 x32, working fine here so far, 0,0% CPU usage. :)
nonnaci
KVRist

162 posts since 7 Feb, 2017

Postby nonnaci; Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:44 pm Re: PrettyScope (paint with sound), sign up for closed beta now!

Looks sweet. If you extend the maths into 3D, I can see this being killer in AR/VR. Imagine this integrated into the Unreal engine for example.
Architeuthis
KVRAF

2749 posts since 27 Jan, 2006, from Phoenix, AZ

Postby Architeuthis; Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:58 pm Re: PrettyScope (paint with sound), sign up for closed beta now!

Hmm... 3d... maybe for PrettyScope v3, I'll have to call it PrettyScope3D. Before I get into 3D I need to do some serious perfection of what I have now. I'm going to invest some serious consideration on line and dot profiles so that no matter what settings you have it always looks natural. Right now it's possible to get ugly pixelly look with tiny dot size if you don't have the right settings. There's a lot of stuff like that I need to perfect.
pilotredsun
KVRer

17 posts since 16 Sep, 2016

Postby pilotredsun; Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:18 pm Re: PrettyScope (paint with sound), sign up for closed beta now!

Touch The Universe wrote:That looks amazing! Do you mind sharing the preset? I tried using the same audio input but I was not able to come up with anything like this. I couldn't get anything more than a straight line. It would help to see if there is some problem on this end.

If it's coming out as a straight line you need to have some sort of stereo difference. any plugin that delays the left or right channel by a few ms will make a mono wave appear on the scope
Touch The Universe
KVRAF

2890 posts since 2 Oct, 2008

Postby Touch The Universe; Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:29 pm Re: PrettyScope (paint with sound), sign up for closed beta now!

pilotredsun wrote:
Touch The Universe wrote:That looks amazing! Do you mind sharing the preset? I tried using the same audio input but I was not able to come up with anything like this. I couldn't get anything more than a straight line. It would help to see if there is some problem on this end.

If it's coming out as a straight line you need to have some sort of stereo difference. any plugin that delays the left or right channel by a few ms will make a mono wave appear on the scope

Thanks for the tip! This makes all the difference, even for basic sine waves. Beautiful :)
High Quality Soundsets with a generous amount of presets. The Latest: Earthshine for Dune 2

http://www.touch-the-universe.com/
xoxos
Mr Entertainment

12045 posts since 29 Apr, 2002, from i might peeramid

Postby xoxos; Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:44 pm Re: PrettyScope (paint with sound), sign up for closed beta now!

so it makes sense, one channel is the x position, the other is y. so if you use a mono signal, if x is 0.5, y is also 0.5. if x is 0.3 y is also 0.3.. so that's why you get a straight diagonal line ;)

try it with black vst :hihi:
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha xoxos.net free vst. neither a follower nor a leader be
tagore "where roads are made i lose my way"
where there is certainty, consideration is absent.
zxant
KVRian

720 posts since 22 Aug, 2004, from Edge City, the Low Country

Postby zxant; Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:19 am Re: PrettyScope (paint with sound), sign up for closed beta now!

Architeuthis wrote:Just want to make a quick announcement, kinda good news kinda bad news for mac users. Linux version will be coming first, Linux is a nice stepping stone to doing the Mac version. But Robin has informed me that... it's "too early to invite linux users" not sure what kind of timeline we're looking at for Mac/Linux versions. Implementing host automation is also under way.

I guess builds/versions for older video systems are also way on the backburner?

Oh well, too bad! :( :shrug:
Architeuthis
KVRAF

Postby Architeuthis; Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:53 am Re: PrettyScope (paint with sound), sign up for closed beta now!

Yea, an older version would be unusable anyway. Will have to wait until there is time to setup a log system to know where you are crashing.
aMUSEd
KVRAF

27536 posts since 14 Sep, 2002, from In teh net

Postby aMUSEd; Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:16 am Re: PrettyScope (paint with sound), sign up for closed beta now!

Architeuthis wrote:Just want to make a quick announcement, kinda good news kinda bad news for mac users. Linux version will be coming first, Linux is a nice stepping stone to doing the Mac version. But Robin has informed me that... it's "too early to invite linux users" not sure what kind of timeline we're looking at for Mac/Linux versions.

Bum :(
Architeuthis
KVRAF

Postby Architeuthis; Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:14 am Re: PrettyScope (paint with sound), sign up for closed beta now!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUGn8hvynTI

Yeah we need a video rendering function, these videos are too grainy.
ontol
KVRian

1084 posts since 29 Jun, 2012

Postby ontol; Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:49 pm Re: PrettyScope (paint with sound), sign up for closed beta now!

having some fun with this so far, but not getting as nice results as does it's maker...just need a bit more time.
Phil999
KVRist

213 posts since 26 Sep, 2013, from Cavardiras, CH

Postby Phil999; Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:16 pm Re: PrettyScope (paint with sound), sign up for closed beta now!

interesting software, Architeuthis. Just discovered it today.
Formant+Eurorack, PPG wave 2.2, Korg MS-20, etc., EWI 4000s, QuNeo, etc., Mixbus 32c, u-he, MadronaLabs, Samplemodeling, NI, etc., iPad2/4/Pro
TLW
KVRer

4 posts since 9 Apr, 2017

Postby TLW; Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:14 pm Re: PrettyScope (paint with sound), sign up for closed beta now!

I'd like to sign up for this.

MacOSX
Ableton
Architeuthis
KVRAF

Postby Architeuthis; Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:01 am Re: PrettyScope (paint with sound), sign up for closed beta now!

TLW wrote:I'd like to sign up for this.

MacOSX
Ableton

did you send an e-mail? read original post for details
Architeuthis
KVRAF

Postby Architeuthis; Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:50 pm Re: PrettyScope (paint with sound), sign up for closed beta now!

(click for larger image)

Just a random screenshot of the day. PrettyScope could use more inputs... would rather use one instance instead of many. Not sure how it will work interface-wise, could be a bit of work to implement.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments