PrettyScope (paint with sound), released!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
PrettyScope

It would be really cool to be able to layer!

why not use it on a send ;) if you're not using a modular host :shrug:

i always read the title "saint with pound" and i figure that's a pretty good saint i could use a pound :)

(was looking at some newly uploaded videos for din is noise yesterday, another 2d oscillator afficionado/drawing pictures with oscillators)

(also, this strikes me as an opportunity for someone to release a jerobeam ripoff "synth" that cycles between n # of 2d or 3d coordinates at pitch rate so people can draw asteroids et c. ...what an exciting development, will each point to point op have constant time or constant rate, omg, a whole 90 seconds to type the code, shower me with doll-a-billz)
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

xoxos wrote:a jerobeam ripoff "synth" that cycles between n # of 2d or 3d coordinates at pitch rate so people can draw asteroids et c.
I'm not planning on ripping off Jerobeam, I've already gotten permission from him to release something in more of a partnership kind of deal. But all my programmers are busy and my budget is tapped out. If someone wants to do this on a "get paid after it sells" kinda deal, then let's talk.

xoxos wrote:why not use it on a send ;) if you're not using a modular host :shrug:
Personally, I want to visually layer different sounds, each with their own color, shapes and rhythm, not have one big messy same-color blob lissajous from several sources mixed into one.

Besides "sidechaining" audio into a single instance with different settings to each input, another option that occurred me is transparency in the background/GUI (and turn on/off the GUI).

Very hacky but at least you could layer the gfx for personal enjoyment. Could even be used to do some "VJ" style stuff, can just put PrettyScope(s) over other stuff, like videos.

And it would be nice to be able to just leave it on corner of the screen without the "non-pretty-graphics" parts covering everything.

ha and clone the window so you can position multiple instances on your surround monitor setup :hihi:
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

I'm thinking after release we can do a tabbed system, up to 4... 8 would be even better, layer up to 8 stereo/mono inputs. 8 instances all drawing to one canvas, and of course you have all the offset and zoom controls you need to give each signal their own screen space.

Anyone know if there's a limit to host automation parameters? If there's 8 possible instances then you'd have potentially hundreds of automatable parameters. It might become overwhelming. We are developing a robust automation system where the user can edit the controls and decide what is automatable but it is annoying to have to assign a control for automation every time you want to record a faded movement.

Any ideas?

Edit: ooooh just got a sweet idea. Have a "full automation" button that automatically makes fader automatable if you move the fader. Your DAW will also be able to record that movement at the same time.

Wow. :)
ImageImageImageImage

Mac and Linux version going out to beta testers very soon.

Made a video combining three PrettyScopes in a video editor. Yeah, we need this feature built in though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tg6b_bGUhzw

Architeuthis wrote:
Made a video combining three PrettyScopes in a video editor. Yeah, we need this feature built in though.
Very nice. I look forward to the addition of this feature!

:clap:
바보

a quirky Nightmare Before Christmas theme / doodle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V57pTm5lP-k

:lol:
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Unfortunately my graphics programmer is currently MIA so there has been no real progress made on PrettyScope, except that we may have a linux version working in a few days. Mac version will be a bit more difficult.

PS - RedMeansRecording will be posting a series of PrettyScope videos, here is the first one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpUKtzW1b88

Hello, i am a Mac user, and while i don't have waveforms on youtube yet, audio and waveforms are my passion and i'd love to participate in the Macintosh OSX part of the closed beta. my job and my life are all audio engineering and music-based. it would mean a lot to me to be considered for the beta. thanks!

Nekrose483, I am closing beta sign ups for now as release day is just around the corner.

Unfortunately it looks like it will be a windows only release (possibly Linux too). Mac users will not have participated in the beta. :( This is only due to the difficulty with openGL, otherwise I am able to build working audio plugins for Mac/Win/Linux already. Stay tuned for my future projects after PrettyScope, I have something very exciting in the pipeline (not openGL related), things will go a lot smoother next time around.

Late to the party!
I'm so glad that there is such an increasing number of visualizer today, your seems to be really great :)

A suggestion: any plan to make your work compatible to other visualizer programs?
For example to offer it as a ISF (GLSL shader)?
teacuemusic (Musicals)
youtube

Return to “Instruments”