Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New#KVRDeals
egbert101
KVRian

1488 posts since 13 Jun, 2014

Postby egbert101; Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:40 am Re: Minimoog Softsynth Shootout: Diva MiniV3 Monark Legend Minimonsta vs Model D

Urs wrote:
egbert101 wrote:
Urs wrote:I think it's 4-8, and you can chose how many CPU cores to render them on. Turns out, 3 is often more efficient than 4 on a quad core machine.

Oh dear. My little 2-core sketch PC isn't going to handle Repro-5. RIP.

If it can handle a few instances of Repro-1 it will handle Repro-5 just fine. Also, poly sounds can typically live without the HD option...

Okay. I'll definitely demo, and see if it can handle it.
Amram
KVRist

365 posts since 12 Jan, 2013, from A foolish shepherd = God

Postby Amram; Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:24 am Re: Minimoog Softsynth Shootout: Diva MiniV3 Monark Legend Minimonsta vs Model D

Urs wrote:
egbert101 wrote:
Urs wrote:I think it's 4-8, and you can chose how many CPU cores to render them on. Turns out, 3 is often more efficient than 4 on a quad core machine.

Oh dear. My little 2-core sketch PC isn't going to handle Repro-5. RIP.

If it can handle a few instances of Repro-1 it will handle Repro-5 just fine. Also, poly sounds can typically live without the HD option...

Have a video for the Repro-5? :?
Urs
u-he

21601 posts since 7 Aug, 2002, from Berlin

Postby Urs; Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:38 am Re: Minimoog Softsynth Shootout: Diva MiniV3 Monark Legend Minimonsta vs Model D

michaelbrac wrote:Have a video for the Repro-5? :?

Sorry, it's work in progress. I'm sure there'll be some coverage during Superbooth (end of this week), I wouldn't be surprised if Sonicstate or Bedroomproducer picked up on it :clown:
Amram
KVRist

Postby Amram; Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:02 pm Re: Minimoog Softsynth Shootout: Diva MiniV3 Monark Legend Minimonsta vs Model D

Why Re-pro 5 and not Re-pro 12 or Prophet REV2?
i think you should upgrade and ill be the first buyer. :wink: :tu:
izonin
KVRian

1082 posts since 27 Oct, 2009

Postby izonin; Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:43 pm Re: Minimoog Softsynth Shootout: Diva MiniV3 Monark Legend Minimonsta vs Model D

Is this even possible from a legal point of view? I mean an emulation of a synth that is currently in production, like the Prophet-12. That would be a major endeavour and would bring some major profit.
Urs
u-he

21601 posts since 7 Aug, 2002, from Berlin

Postby Urs; Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:49 pm Re: Minimoog Softsynth Shootout: Diva MiniV3 Monark Legend Minimonsta vs Model D

michaelbrac wrote:Why Re-pro 5 and not Re-pro 12 or Prophet REV2?

Because it's a poly version of Repro-1, not a completely new product that takes more than a year to develop. But even this way it takes more than half a year (well, for a smaller team).

I honestly don't get the appeal of synths based on the later CEM/OnChip chips. They simply don't sound as good as the 3320 ones in the Prophet-5, or the discrete filters in the Prophet-6.
Amram
KVRist

Postby Amram; Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:16 am Re: Minimoog Softsynth Shootout: Diva MiniV3 Monark Legend Minimonsta vs Model D

Urs wrote:
michaelbrac wrote:Why Re-pro 5 and not Re-pro 12 or Prophet REV2?

Because it's a poly version of Repro-1, not a completely new product that takes more than a year to develop. But even this way it takes more than half a year (well, for a smaller team).

That i understand

Urs wrote:I honestly don't get the appeal of synths based on the later CEM/OnChip chips. They simply don't sound as good as the 3320 ones in the Prophet-5, or the discrete filters in the Prophet-6.

This , i don't know what u r talking about. :D

or u r ment this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CEM_and_S ... nthesizers
Last edited by Amram on Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amram
KVRist

Postby Amram; Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:44 am Re: Minimoog Softsynth Shootout: Diva MiniV3 Monark Legend Minimonsta vs Model D

I hope it will be sound good

u can see on the pro-53 manual in page 13 .

"Prophet-5 Sys-Ex
The operation of synthesis engine of the PRO-53 is so close to the famous Prophet-5, that it can even receive the old MIDI System Exclusive preset dump format and reproduce the sounds faithfully.
To send the current sound from a Prophet-5 with a built-in Sequential Circuits MIDI interface, press the Programmer button 2 while holding down the Record button. Then you need to press any note on the keyboard. If the Prophet-5 is correctly connected to a computer running the standalone PRO-53, its knobs and buttons will move corresponding to the transmitted sound. All you need to do then is give the sound a proper name and store it in the PRO-53’s memory and/or as a file."

That it's so close to the famous Prophet-5.

And more on page 5 :
"The Sequential Circuits Prophet-5 provided a standard for fat, deep and smooth synthetic sounds. Engineers at Native Instruments carried out a detailed analysis of its analog circuitry and developed a digital equivalent incorporating all salient features even down to the waveform of the A-440 test tone.
The Native Instruments PRO-53 combines the sonic properties of the unique Prophet-5 with the flexibility of software. In addition to the features of the original, the PRO-53 has:
No fixed limit on polyphony.
Increased preset storage.
Velocity sensitivity.
MIDI automation of all parameters"

funny one on page 6: :D

"If you are familiar with classic 80’s synthesizers, you will probably feel at home with the PRO-53. However, when using this software, there are a few new rules to follow:
It is unnecessary to directly connect the PRO-53 to your AC wall socket. It won’t help the sound, and could harm your computer. Modern technology allows Native Instrument to draw sufficient power directly from your computer’s power supply.
A “road case” for your PRO-53 is also unnecessary. We suggest that you place the installation CD in a safe place, but there is little danger of the synthesizer itself being damaged when moved between locations.
Do not attempt to remove the ground prong from the power plug. There isn’t a power plug. There isn’t a ground prong, either. If you are removing a ground prong from a power plug – it’s from something else… STOP NOW!!!"
Last edited by Amram on Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:54 am, edited 3 times in total.
Ingonator
KVRAF

11587 posts since 21 Mar, 2008, from Hannover, Germany

Postby Ingonator; Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:51 am Re: Minimoog Softsynth Shootout: Diva MiniV3 Monark Legend Minimonsta vs Model D

michaelbrac wrote:
u can see on the pro-53 manual in page 13 .

"Prophet-5 Sys-Ex
The operation of synthesis engine of the PRO-53 is so close to the famous Prophet-5, that it can even receive the old MIDI System Exclusive preset dump format and reproduce the sounds faithfully.
To send the current sound from a Prophet-5 with a built-in Sequential Circuits MIDI interface, press the Programmer button 2 while holding down the Record button. Then you need to press any note on the keyboard. If the Prophet-5 is correctly connected to a computer running the standalone PRO-53, its knobs and buttons will move corresponding to the transmitted sound. All you need to do then is give the sound a proper name and store it in the PRO-53’s memory and/or as a file."

Well, sound wise so far the Arturia Prophet V seemed to be the best approach (cuerently at version 3).

Until Prophet V version 2.5 you could import Sysex files too for both the Prophet 5 and Prophet VS.
To get those in version 3 you have to install both plugin versions and use the "VC5 Preset Updater" standalone tool provided by Arturia that exports the v2.5 patches to the new v3 format.

Anyway i got Repro-1 too (bought during the public beta) and am looking forward to Repro-5.
I was already able to create a poyphonic Repro-1 using the free "Polymind" Max 4 Live plugin in Ableton Live 9 Suite (using multiple instances of Repro-1 with one for each voice).
Ingo Weidner
HW: Blofeld, Pulse 2, UltraNova, Bass Station 2
SW: PPG 3.V, Largo, Nave, Icarus, Avenger, Serum, Legend, Saurus 2, Diva, Repro-5, VC 6, Komplete 10, many more
i5-3350P / Win 10 x64 / Live 9 / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Bitwig 2 / Studio One 3
egbert101
KVRian

1488 posts since 13 Jun, 2014

Postby egbert101; Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:32 am Re: Minimoog Softsynth Shootout: Diva MiniV3 Monark Legend Minimonsta vs Model D

Mr Starsky Carr could potentially do another shootout using the following:

- Prophet 6 or Vintage Prophet 5
- u-he Repro-5
- Native Instruments PRO-53
- Arturia Prophet V
- Synapse Audio The Prophet [?] :hihi:
- Memorymoon Messiah
Amram
KVRist

Postby Amram; Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:11 am Re: Minimoog Softsynth Shootout: Diva MiniV3 Monark Legend Minimonsta vs Model D

Ingonator wrote:I was already able to create a poyphonic Repro-1 using the free "Polymind" Max 4 Live plugin in Ableton Live 9 Suite (using multiple instances of Repro-1 with one for each voice).

Is there any vst or au that can make from mono to poly?

I saw that in Repear there is something. But i don't use Repear.
Amram
KVRist

Postby Amram; Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:26 am Re: Minimoog Softsynth Shootout: Diva MiniV3 Monark Legend Minimonsta vs Model D

egbert101 wrote:Mr Starsky Carr could potentially do another shootout using the following:

- Prophet 6 or Vintage Prophet 5
- u-he Repro-5
- Native Instruments PRO-53
- Arturia Prophet V
- Synapse Audio The Prophet [?] :hihi:
- Memorymoon Messiah

I saw on youtube that Mr Starsky made a video for Pro-1 vs U-he Re-pro 1.
And he said that he was astonished and realy realy impressed . so if he closed his eyes he wouldn't know which one .
Maybe Mr Starsky and urs friends :D , if he said that The Legend is not close to the Model D.
Last edited by Amram on Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
AnX
KVRAF

2175 posts since 17 Nov, 2015

Postby AnX; Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:54 am Re: Minimoog Softsynth Shootout: Diva MiniV3 Monark Legend Minimonsta vs Model D

Why???
fluffy_little_something
KVRAF

10118 posts since 5 Jun, 2012, from Portugal

Postby fluffy_little_something; Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:51 pm Re: Minimoog Softsynth Shootout: Diva MiniV3 Monark Legend Minimonsta vs Model D

michaelbrac wrote:
Ingonator wrote:I was already able to create a poyphonic Repro-1 using the free "Polymind" Max 4 Live plugin in Ableton Live 9 Suite (using multiple instances of Repro-1 with one for each voice).

Is there any vst or au that can make from mono to poly?

I saw that in Repear there is something. But i don't use Repear.

Is the sum of several monophonic instances the same as one polyphonic instance? I mean, what about those aspects of a synth that should not be per voice but global? For instance some effects, or maybe voice panning. Or what about envelope retriggering and other things that require some sort of coordination of voices?
Amram
KVRist

Postby Amram; Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:46 pm Re: Minimoog Softsynth Shootout: Diva MiniV3 Monark Legend Minimonsta vs Model D

for each voice i need to open midi channel/
no , thank u.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments