One Synth Challenge #98: Any One Synth (Photonic Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I could not use a commercial synthesizer, since I do not have commercial synthesizers at this time.

But my idea is based on some of these synthesizers, I think that is honor to work with one the here
present
saltline - ADHDIDI
Gyovai László - 4 TO 2
BlauKraut Engineering - Charlatan
Kaigorodov Anthony - EFTA.High
Olivier for Roazhon DSP - BRAINSTORMER
JXPlugins - JXSynth
amvst - Analog Warfare

And there are more that I could list here.

Now I just have to choose one that has the possibility of fighting with commercial synthesizers

I can use synthesizer beta as is the case of BRAINSTORMER in fx and Synthesizers

DFL wrote:I could not use a commercial synthesizer, since I do not have commercial synthesizers at this time.

Now I just have to choose one that has the possibility of fighting with commercial synthesizers
There's always the king zynaddsubfx: http://zynaddsubfx.sourceforge.net/download.html

DFL wrote: Now I just have to choose one that has the possibility of fighting with commercial synthesizers
You could try synth 1 too :) .
Or DuneBE (its a free cut-down version of Dune 1), or you could also try to buy a issue of computer music magazine, you will get a lot of nice VSTs there

bjporter wrote:Extra Clarification:
Some synths have samples and synthesis, like Alchemy, so use the non-sampling part, and specify. If you have questions PM me, or ask on this thread).
That means not using the noise "osc" (or samples) in a lot of great synths like Serum or Rapid.

I'm curious about noise samples specifically though, since "noise oscillators" are often samples. For example, Live's Operator has a "noise looped" waveform which I think is a sample, but it also has another noise option that may not be, *shrug.
Last edited by 574X on Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

What about Reaktor? (assuming no samples)

psmacmur wrote:What about Reaktor? (assuming no samples)
Should be fine. Which instrument in particular?

574X wrote: That means not using the noise "osc" (or samples) in a lot of great synths like Serum or Rapid.
Serum is fine. Rapid seems fine if you use the morphable waveshaping feature (and not the multi-sampling, which crosses more into sampler zone I think).

Well, that completely disqualified Omnisphere.

wagtunes wrote:Well, that completely disqualified Omnisphere.
- And Nexus, and most of HG Fortune's synths which rely on PCM/Soundfonts.

I'm predicting a tidal wave of submissions this month. Using a modern, commercial synth feels a lot like making a track with a sample pack, anyway. :lol:

Part of what I love about the past OSCs is that the synth is decided for me. :) They are simple, free synths that make amazing music. :love: - now that's inspirational. 8)

ooooooohhhh snap

I'm gonna use one of the four U-He synths I own. Now the tricky part: which one? :?
I will probably use half the time of this month figuring out the one to use... :hihi:

I assume the quality of the entries will be huge since no restriction given this time, if I will participate I will probably choose the free Synth1.

EnGee wrote:To be honest, I don't care for the prize or winning! I just want a good 'motive' or 'excuse' to do just this! One synth only track.
That's the spirit! :tu:

Is Air Hybrid allowed? It has preset wavetables as part of it, not sure if that counts as sampling

http://www.airmusictech.com/product/hybrid-3

ritesofspring wrote:Is Air Hybrid allowed? It has preset wavetables as part of it, not sure if that counts as sampling

http://www.airmusictech.com/product/hybrid-3
Sure it is allowed! Wavetables are not samples. I mean they are not usable as samples if you load them to a sampler!
Anyway, let's wait for what bjporter says about it.

Return to “Instruments”